Forums

Topic: The Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Posts 2,901 to 2,920 of 3,675

Namco

Well... I got a bit tired of AntiMatter. Not that I would dislike his posts but I feel the same as CanisWolfred. A lot of his posts were unrelated complaints about ''mature content'' or ''Playstation is the worst'' it did derail the discussion from time to time.

Reason enough to ban him? I don't know, I personally don't think he crossed the line that much. We have the ignore option for a reason.

Take care @bimmy-lee NintendoLife is also the first place where I became part of an online community. Too bad you no longer feel comfortable here. Don't be too stubborn and come back some time

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Tiefseemiez

@CanisWolfred
One probably can argue either way.
Sure everyone can leave this site and look for a better place on the internet, if there is one?
I think of this as a general problem of society, which doesn't work out as well in real life.
If there are a few loud jerks it sometimes can seam as if a place is full of jerks, though there are more people being reasonable and nice and quieter.
But maybe I'm politifiing this too much, because of the general situation in my country.

But is there a Nintendo-news+review-site with a nicer community?
I generally like this one with only a small couple of exceptions.

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

1UP_MARIO

That’s sad news. I hope it’s not a permanent ban. He’s a great personality and bonus to Nintendolife and although I don’t always agree with him, I enjoy his comments

Justice for Anti-Matter. Reduce his ban

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

CanisWolfred

@Tiefseemiez Hell if I know...I'm not a very social person, and I'm only on this website because it is familiar and I'm afraid of change, even though I barely interact with this community outside of a few threads and the occasional observations.

But I don't believe you should stop looking for a better community if you're so inclined. Unless the internet imploded in recent years, and all that's left are snapchat, reddit, and IGN, I think it's clear that there are plenty of options if you're so inclined. The answer to "is there a better community" currently is "how hard are you willing to look?"

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Tiefseemiez

@CanisWolfred
I'm not inclined at all, actually.
I like this place and like you "because it is familiar".
I just asked because you said leaving was the best thing bimmy-lee could do.

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

gcunit

I got an email from @Anti-Matter today. I hope he doesn't mind me doing this, but I'll share some of it here because I don't think I'm the only one that will miss him around here. I loved his enthusiasm for art and games, and the 'other' side to some of his comments only ever amused me.

This is what he said, fwiw:

"Hi, sorry for sudden departure. I got banned due to not answering my last Warning from Anthony Dickens from my e-mail. I have no idea if i got a warning on 1 November 2018 since i rarely checking my e-mail...

...Oh, could you tell to Anthony Dickens about my apologize ?

Take care."

So, there we go. My interpretation from that is that he sends his apologies @antdickens.

I saw it as a positive aspect of this community that Anti-Matter was accepted here by so many.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

spizzamarozzi

I just read that Anti-Matter was banned - I don't care much for this website but he put a lot of effort in trying to interact with you people in a language that wasn't his and I'm gutted he was banned for whatever reason. Of all the people on this website, he was one of the least offensive.
Sure, some of his opinions were debatable but it had more to do with his culture, personality and struggles with the english language than it had to do with him being a bad person or a troll or whatever. I'm sure if he could have articulated his thoughts more efficiently things would have been different.

I don't think a public space such as this should ever ban anyone except for individuals who are a real threat to the community, which he certainly wasn't. We do have an "ignore" button now, which should act as a "personal" ban and should make general community bans pointless.

Which reminds me...was @Solea banned too?

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Ralizah

That's unfortunate.

He might have been abrasive at times, but I never got the sense that he was deliberately trying to instigate people with his posts. He was just, perhaps, a bit too possessed with a fanboyish fervor.

Well, I wish him the best.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Zuljaras

I am one of the people that strongly disliked Anti-Matter. Maybe because of his autism, unfortunate childhood and confused sexual orientation pushed him to close himself in his own world.

He loved his games but he also spew hatred against everything he does not like or does not play. For example are the countless news about Japanese and UK sales charts. He just needed to tell the other people how "disgusting, YUCK!" are the R rated games.

Also his liking of muscular men was one of his favourite subjects which is fine but NOT in video games threads about the specific games.

Every time a mod gave him a warning he apologised and then did the same thing again after some time.

Anyway. If they give him another chance I hope he will start to respect the others taste in video games. After all we do not go to the threads of his loved games and call them names right?

If he manage to do that he will bring more positivity to the site and he will not get all the downvotes on his every post.

G-Boy

Dang, was Anti-Matter banned? His comments weren't always pleasant to see, and he ranted on and on about his personal life and his hate for people (I also have Asperger's syndrome and it doesn't excuse that) but I didn't expect this, and I frankly don't know what to feel about it. Anways, hope he didn't take it too hard.

G-Boy

Switch Friend Code: SW-6659-9218-9483

1UP_MARIO

Justice for anti-matter.
I don’t want any members of the Nintendolife community banned.

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

1UP_MARIO

Justice for cobalt

spizzamarozzi

Was Anti-Matter really autistic or are just people assuming he was because he was a tad peculiar??
Just asking, because I see plenty of people on here mentioning his "autism" and I don't remember him ever mentioning anything of the sort (but again I never gave a flying f about it honestly).

@Yosheel was Solea banned too?

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Eel

@spizzamarozzi I'm almost sure he was somewhere in the spectrum. I'm not a doctor though, so I can't say for sure.

However I don't think it's very appropriate to discuss such things in here.

I'm not sure who's that. Do you have the full username?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NEStalgia

@ReaderRagfish I LOLed. My PS4 that suddenly randomly beeps may be offing itself, so I'll presume it's Anti-Matter psychically burning out my evil PS4. I'll have to try to feed it a copy of The Sims as atonement.

@Yosheel Well, we were still catching up on Cobalt's charts and diagrams with arrows and tags on the back for the next prophecy by the time he came back.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

For all those still wondering: seeing as Anti-Matter's account is still in tact, I think it would be safe to assume that he is only temporarily banned, so he will be back eventually.

@spizzamarozzi Yes he is. He explained it himself, in one of the forum threads he was in. He has Asperger's.
I would most certainly never accuse someone of being autistic just because I think they act weird. I know several autistic people in various stages of the spectrum, and that's bad enough, so I would most certainly never abuse that knowledge. But apparently, he himself at some point felt that he needed to share that, and that is how I came to know about it.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic