Forums

Topic: The Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Posts 2,901 to 2,920 of 2,928

Yosheel

Welcome back, we kept your seat warm.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah See the direct?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

@Spoony_Tech Read the news articles about it on the way back. There was no internet where I was (which admittedly produces some withdrawal symptoms after a week).

I leave, and suddenly we get Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, and a whole gob of Final Fantasy announcements.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah Bet you could not have dreamed that up if you wanted to lol.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

boop22

wow this dates back to 2010

boop22

Ralizah

@Spoony_Tech I'm amazed Nintendo spent 90% of its time at E3, when it was getting the most attention and publicity, on Smash Bros and little else, but decided that a random Direct was the best place to announce two MAJOR first-party releases alongside a bunch of extremely notable ports.

Really looking forward to FFXII: The Zodiac Age, personally.

Ralizah

CanisWolfred

@Ralizah Yeah, Nintendo seems like they really want to make that a thing...because I guess they forgot that the only ones paying attention to their directs are hardcore fans and not the general audience...honestly, I would've missed more than half of that stuff if I didn't browse this site...I sure as hell didn't know a Direct was on the way, nor do I ever watch them, anyways.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

gcunit

Ralizah wrote:

I leave, and suddenly we get Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, and a whole gob of Final Fantasy announcements.

Maybe you should **** *** every couple of weeks and we can all bask in the rays of big announcements in your absence.
Missed you though

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Tyranexx

Not leaving per se, but my site activity is going to drop for a little while. In fact, for at least the next few days, I really won't even be commenting other than maybe here in General on occasion. I'm going on a slight internet (but not electronic) detox. There are several reasons for this:

1. I have a lot of stuff going on IRL right now, both with work and otherwise. Deadlines, house stuff that needs done, adulting, etc.
2. To tie in with the above, late September into October is when I start what I call my "seasonal job". I'm a volunteer actor at a local haunted house (which I would rate a medium to medium-high in terms of intensity) and help out with a lot of the side events and promotion. It eats up a lot of my free time, especially on the weekends.
3. Just so much negativity online in general. I feel that some news sources are turning into opinionated blog-fests that are taken as fact. (This doesn't really have hardly a thing to do with here BTW; it's just one of the reasons why I'm lightening my online activity a bit.)
4. Look. I generally like the community here. I really do. But some comment sections here lately (I'm mostly referring to the articles on the main site here) have, quite frankly, been revolting. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I get that. The world would be a boring place if everyone always agreed. But the general insensitivity to some topics and what I would term gross overreactions to others....I mean, c'mon people, really? There isn't anything else that you could do with your time?

So...yeah. I'll respond to any mentions I have here, even still comment on occasion....But for the next few days, I'm taking a bit of a break.

Video Corner: If Mario Had a Battle Royale Mode
Currently playing: Ocarina of Time 3D (Master Quest), Paper Mario: Color Splash

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Joeynator3000

Figured I'd post here just in case I forget, which is likely. I'll be leaving this Sunday for a week, I've no idea if I'll browse the net while I'm gone. I may check the site as a guest but that's about it, I'll have my iPad so I'll still be on Discord every now and then.

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep the main channel PG-ish.

Cyborg: Why can't you call it a configuration disc?
Beast Boy: Why can't you call it an eyeball pizza thingy?

Spoony_Tech

@Joeynator3000 Pleasure trip or visiting family? Either way have a good time!

MERG said:

ReaderRagfish

@Tyranexx I can very well relate to all of your 4 reasons at the moment (except for the haunted house one, I don't do that) and might even take a break as well if things keep up like this.

Either way, hope your break is refreshing! See ya when you get back.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Joeynator3000

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@Joeynator3000 Pleasure trip or visiting family? Either way have a good time!

My sisters live in Chicago, so I'm visiting them.

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep the main channel PG-ish.

Cyborg: Why can't you call it a configuration disc?
Beast Boy: Why can't you call it an eyeball pizza thingy?

Spoony_Tech

@Joeynator3000 You won't be too far from me then. Well at least not as far as Florida lol. Weather has been decent too upper 70's low 80's for over a week now and into the weekend.

MERG said:

Spoony_Tech

@Tasuki Lol, would Brett Favre be any better?

MERG said:

Tyranexx

@ReaderRagfish: Thanks! It was rather refreshing; I had a pretty decent week overall work-wise and got a couple of things done on the adulting front. I did still browse the main page here on NL, but for the most part I ignored the comment sections and have been pretty much ignoring the forums. I plan to at least get somewhat caught up....I had a lot of replies while I was ignoring the internet. XD

ReaderRagfish

@Tyranexx Glad to hear! Things have gotten somewhat better here, now that the online service has arrived and isn't quite as bad as everyone thought it would be (or at least they've given up complaining so darn much).

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Tyranexx

@ReaderRagfish: I don't know that I'm all for it myself and in fact likely won't even buy the online when I first get a Switch until I crave the cloud saves a lot more, but some of the complaints were getting pretty...erm...dramatic? Ridiculous? Looking for the right word here....

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic