Forums

Topic: The Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Posts 2,881 to 2,898 of 2,898

YummyHappyPills

@erv Thank you. You put a smile on my face.

Sign up for the NL Inklings Splatoon 2 Tournament on June 9th: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

crimsontadpoles

Time for me to take a break from this place. I've not been eager to buy a Switch just yet, so I've not been visiting this site much or paying attention to most of what's going on here.

Plus this website doesn't seem as friendly as it used to be. I don't get on with people here as well as before, and there's too many people posting just to complain at or insult other users.

gcunit

@crimsontadpoles I'll keep your name on your locker, for now, but if some hot new girl joins then I'ma gonna give it to her in an instant, so don't say I didn't warn you. Farewell for now.

Use the 'ignore' button, it works.

Currently playing: Rocket League; Splatoon 2; Super Mario Odyssey; Fire Emblem; Suikoden; Kirby Triple Deluxe; ICO; Gravity Rush; Ratchet & Clank; Red Faction: Guerilla; Fez; FIFA 18

Nothing is true; Everything is permitted.

Tyranexx

@crimsontadpoles: I assume by "doesn't seem as friendly" that you're mostly referring to the article comment sections? It's gotten to the point where I just don't bother commenting in some of the thornier ones. I don't mind a good discussion with differing viewpoints, but that's getting increasingly more difficult online.

We all need breaks, so hopefully your break goes well. See you soon.

Video Corner: Every JRPG Ever
Currently playing: Twilight Princess HD, Ever Oasis

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

8-Bit_Superman

Bustin' out of this joint. Decided I spend too much time on the internet as a whole, so here's me trying to cut back. Figured if I said it out loud (or typed it, I suppose), it would encourage follow-through.

Bye, internets.

Signatures are for Jerks

My Nintendo: owendershot | Nintendo Network ID: Hendershot

ogo79

Meowpheel wrote:

See you tomorrow!

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

CanisWolfred

Tyranexx wrote:

@crimsontadpoles: I assume by "doesn't seem as friendly" that you're mostly referring to the article comment sections? It's gotten to the point where I just don't bother commenting in some of the thornier ones. I don't mind a good discussion with differing viewpoints, but that's getting increasingly more difficult online.

We all need breaks, so hopefully your break goes well. See you soon.

Wait. Has there ever been an article with 50+ comments that didn't have a ton of salt and vitriol? Seriously, I just don't actually read the comments anymore, and haven't for 4 years now, outside of a few choice picks that catch my eye. After almost 10 years here, that seems to be the best way to handle any article comment section, IMO.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Vinny

Yeah, I only post in the forums. The article comment sections are all virtual Mad Max at this point.

The years keep coming and they don't stop coming.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Octane

Vinny wrote:

The article comment sections are all virtual Mad Max at this point.

Untitled

Octane

Solea

I never took part in forums before I came to Nintendo Life.

Prior to this I was a quiet member in so many cults of personality - like the ones Jim Sterling, Jeremy Parish and (a little known youtuber called) softdrink117 had cultivated - that the admiration gland in my brain might have swollen to a size that's made me a weirdly dysfunctional dude on these boards.

I have a strange way of showing that I'm anxious to talk to people whose posts I admire, and they've often doubted my ability to communicate effectively in English as I tend to reach above my level when trying to get them to respond. Some have hilariously told me to outright "Say things in languages that they understand." It's this whole self doubt and improvement obsession of mine that I keep spraying all over my posts.

See you all after I've grown the bleep up and learned to keep a diary to rid myself of all these "soul searching" adolescent energy reserves

"You wipe the rim of that bottle and I'll knock you out from my present vantage."

bimmy-lee

@Solea - I never felt right about our interaction on the music thread. You seem like an interesting person with something to say, but you either didn’t say quite what you intended to say, or what you said was misunderstood. It happens to everyone. I hope you figure it out and come back to that thread if it’s active when you return. Never give up your quest for self improvement. It will bring purpose and meaning into your life in everything you do. Small improvements pave the way for big improvements. Don’t be too hard on yourself, but leave no stone unturned when searching for ways to improve. Good luck.

bimmy-lee

Solea

@bimmy-lee

You've made such a capacious "little corner" of a thread with the warmth you've shown to its music lovers: your words signify for me. But, your kind reprove certainly had a pride-wounding compound effect at the time as other NLife users were expressing similar confusion over my attempts to strike up conversation. It's not a language with a comfortable idiom for me, but I aim to change that by "reaching" with a journal of thoughts instead of flogging unwanted/unreserved replies at people.

The adult thing to do would have been to quietly disappear for a stretch without making a scene on a thread that doubles as a "vacation thread." I was just in a mood and think that I wanted someone to wave goodbye, ya know?

Edited on by Solea

"You wipe the rim of that bottle and I'll knock you out from my present vantage."

bimmy-lee

@Solea - Thank you. I’m sorry to have contributed to your frustration. You automatically have my respect writing in a non native language. You know at least one more language than I know, my friend. I wish you luck, and I’m glad you posted here so we could have this conversation. I’ve only checked this thread a few times, but they’ve been meaningful. So yeah, glad I could wave good bye, and I hope I can wave hello when your comfortable enough to return.

bimmy-lee

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic