Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 35,061 to 35,080 of 96,558

bimmy-lee

@Tyranexx - Yep, it’s fine to not be in love with every detail so far, just like it’s okay to actually like a reveal or two. I hope it’s the best Pokémon ever, and some of them think about their incessant whining for the last year while eating a poop sandwich.

@BruceCM - If you scroll through the comments, the bulk of those whining actually aren’t talking about what’s been revealed; they’re whining about how the game is already ruined. That’s what grates on me, but I mostly stopped looking at the comments months ago. I checked yesterday under the wild area article because it seems really neat to have a large area to explore with wild Pokémon running around to capture. Seemed like something the fan base would enjoy, but nope. They were whining about how it’ll be a big, open area with nothing going on, nothing to do.

You’re right though, they’ll buy it and like it, which makes the last year of loud crying even more annoying. I don’t care about the game other than general interest as I’ve never played a Pokémon game, it’s just peak, annoying internet what’s gone on with nearly every reveal about the game.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Zuljaras

@bimmy-lee Well to be honest I do not remember any other Pokémon games to have been met with such reactions. So there must be something.
Or probably the players wanted something more from the new generation with the power of the Switch.

bimmy-lee

@Zuljaras - I disagree with the premise that large, angry internet mob is indicative of something real, but some folks have been able to coherently express their disappoints so far. That’s fine. The fact remains that few people have had a chance to play the game yet, and this is perhaps the largest example yet of adults crying on the internet about a video game. Or, this weeks sign that the apocalypse is upon us.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Zuljaras

@bimmy-lee Probably the most Pokémon fans will buy both games on launch like me but still from what I have seen I expected something more, something majestic. I expected that the Pokemon fans to be literally blown away since it is the Pokémon on the FREAKING SWITCH.

I guess my expectations were set too high as I expected a Pokemon generation with the freedom of Zelda BotW + things never seen before like real Pokemon cries etc.

Because lets face it … Pokémon is one of the biggest Nintendo franchises and one of the best selling franchises every time they came out.

Edited on by Zuljaras

Anti-Matter

@bimmy-lee
I don't believe Apocalypse is already scripted from beginning.
Human behaviour nowadays created Apocalypse, not by a predetermined scenario of universe's life.
In my opinion, they got deceived by the prophecy of Apocalypse that make them drove into unnecessary accidents and they claimed it was really happen and it was the sign of Apocalypse as the scapegoat.

Anti-Matter

bimmy-lee

@Zuljaras - Your expectations are on you. It may be majestic and mind blowing, it may not. You’ll find out next month.

@Anti-Matter - I only believe in a human born apocalypse. I agree fully that the prophetic apocalypse has altered the course of humanity. My reference to it my last post was actually a really old, really outdated reference to a piece that ran every month at the beginning of Sports Illustrated magazine, something that probably nobody will remember. I’m always good for a musty reference.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

NotTelevision

@Zuljaras I’m not a big Pokémon fan, but I initially thought it was going to be something more as well. It is not Game Freak’s fault though.

The open-world Pokémon myth started as a result of internet journalist and YouTube channels like Commonwealth Realms and GameXplain. I fell prey to believing it as well. Game Freak didn’t say anything about it being an open world game prior to the reveal.
The game has been a victim of gaming journo and fanboy hype ever since that direct.

Game Freak is still going to deliver a solid Pokémon game. All the hate being directed at their efforts just feels baseless and nitpicky now.

NotTelevision

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 I saw your comment in the Pokémon article comments section, and I wanted to frame it, and put it on a wall with Nintendo's gold seal of approval, because I was SO in agreement, and so very much felt EXACTLY that same frustration, that I couldn't have said it any better myself. But of course, all of that isn't possible, so I just gave you a like instead...

@bimmy-lee It's actually pretty easy to politicize ice cream. I mean, there's all these different colors, some don't get along together all that well (taste-wise), some are always on the left side of the cone and some on the right, some always on the bottom and others always on top, and some are bland without sprinkles or a cherry on top, etcetera, etcetera...

As for the Pokémon "fans": I'll just refer you to my comments to the others below.

@HobbitGamer That's a darn good analogy of nowaday's whine, b*** and moan crowd. I salute you, sir.

@Tyranexx And that dungeon change, and the subsequent weirdness of there now existing a slight but still noticeable disconnect with the rest of the game, making the section look more like a mockery of what it actually seriously wanted to address (the adoration of and fixation on idols in their society, among other things), making it completely lose its original intent. So, yeah... those kinds of "localizations" can completely ruin a game, far as I'm concerned. And many other people with me. If you buy (or want to buy) a Japanese RPG, you already KNOW what to expect, and that will also be EXACTLY what you'd be looking for.

And seeing as the audience for these games is niche already, it would seem pretty useless to me, to make a game more suitable for the general audience, subsequently almost ruining it for the real fans in the process...

I can, to some extent, understand the concerned parents in the thread that simply don't know any better and who want to be able to play these games in the living room either with their children, or without the fear of having to become instantly embarrassed when anyone walks in, but all the rest of these idiots can be shot to the Moon for all I care, or to Mars, preferably, because they're of the kind that add nothing useful whatsoever to humankind, other than constantly complaining over every little thing that will potentially and ever so slightly ruffle their feathers.

And besides that, it'll give them an ACTUAL reason to complain about something, for once in their measly, short-sighted little lives...

Oh, and in that light: completely and utterly agreed with your assessment of the lovely people in the Pokémon Sword & Shield comments section.

@NintendoByNature I think that the right way to look at Metal Slug games, or any of the other Neo Geo side-scrollers, which all have around the same playthrough time, is in their replay value. Even if you've finished them, they're always nice to revisit every once in a while, and you can play through them with all the various characters, or on various difficulty settings, and of course, true to their arcade origins, it's also about constantly beating your own (or someone else's) high score.

@RedderRugfish I got the Metal Slug Anthology on Wii, as well as Samurai Shodown Anthology and the Arcade Classics vol. 1 collection. All of them are great, in my opinion.

@Joe-b Miyamoto-san himself commented on it, now about 2 years ago, and he literally said that it was still in development, and he even said it was almost ready, so perhaps it's literally just lying in wait, maybe for some final tweaking, or maybe simply for the right time slot to release it, because when they do, they obviously need to enable it to maximize its potential, and like it or not, Pikmin is certainly also a niche series, so it's crucial for Nintendo to get everything just right, in that regard.

@Anti-Matter There is no "scripted" apocalypse in the sense of what's written in books such as in the Bible and so on, but where the actual universe is concerned, there really is a somewhat scripted end, because all things end, and so will the universe. That has already been proven by scientists, simply by observing galaxies far away from us, galaxies who's sun has exploded and destroyed all the planets surrounding it.

The same thing is going to happen here, with our sun. But we don't have to worry about it, because it's going to take at least another 5 billion years before that happens, so we here are all safe, as well as many generations that come after us.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

@HobbitGamer It's not about different opinions at all. The internet has made it so everything is data based. And the human mind is being rewired to view everything as measurable, data based, and deterministic like a computer. As such, the meaning of life is 47. EVERYTHING as a single data-backed measurably valid answer. Any debate of opinion therefore has one correct answer, and everyone else is wrong. They therefore must be converted to seeing the Truth. We've become computers, and we now process the world the way a computer does. No corner of anything is not measured, data catalogued, and analyzed to find the right answer. Human minds no longer can accept things that don't have measured, data-backed right answers anymore. So they invent them where none exists.

The interent has become a religion complete with rituals, doctrine, traditions, Truths, high priests, oracles.

All we need is funny hats and we're all set.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Also, as for apocalypses....apocali? I mean, even aside from biblical ends and human destruction, you all do know the sun is going to run out of Helium to react with and go red giant at a fairly pre-determined time, right? I mean the apocalypse actually is pretty scripted (if we make it that far), and that's already scientifically data-backed, measured truth....

NEStalgia

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX XD Which one?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - There’s too many flavors. Keep ice cream pure. Vanilla only, Ha! Listen, everyone knows that cherry chocolate chip is the best ice cream flavor, waffle cones are the best method of delivery, and malts are better than shakes. Anyone who disagrees with that is wrong and can go to...

You’re the only one here who should be worried about the sun becoming a red giant. As an immortal Titan, you’ll see the end of our solar system in five billion years, and you’ll drift about space pinging off debris and asteroids until you finally land on a new rock to call home, which could take five billion years itself if you’re unlucky. On the bright side, there’s no crying about Pokémon in the silence of space.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Tyranexx

@BruceCM Haha, they probably will! Whether they do or don't, it's no skin off my back! Not my money. XD

@bimmy-lee I love your perspective on this lol. A company can't please everyone, no matter how hard they try. They need a poop sandwich!...or some of my haunted house's "secret sauce". XD

I personally like the concept of the Wild Area; it's a happy medium between giving the player some of the freedom of an open world game without going completely off the rails. This may be an unpopular opinion, but I'm not fully on board with some open world games due to how time consuming they can be. Don't get me wrong, I like freedom in my games, but IMO there's a such thing as too much freedom.

While Pokemon is a good franchise to test the waters on this, some people seem to think everything should be open world in this day and age. Not only is that not feasible for some franchises and genres, but sometimes to me it just feels like empty padding.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 The one in which you expressed your frustration over people commenting on the game while not even having played a single second of it, while also tackling the opposing views thing, if I remember correctly. In any case, you vented your frustration, and at that point in time, while reading all the idiotic comments, I was feeling the EXACT same thing.

EDIT:
It was this comment of yours...

@bimmy-lee Ha! I'll just move to the astral plane, or another dimension, or simply another galaxy. The Big Crunch, though.... That's gonna be a tough one to escape...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia I actually already beat you to "the apocalypse actually IS scripted" thing. Do you ever actually read ANY of the comments posted before your own?

Maybe you actually should use that "shut down the internet" button that I gave you yesterday...

Octane

To be fair, the Sun exploding will just be a tiny fart on the scale of the galaxy. And hardly noticeable in the universe. So it's hard to call it ''the end''

Octane

ThanosReXXX

@Octane That entirely depends on where you're standing when it happens. A "tiny fart" when seen through a telescope from another galaxy maybe, but an absolute and completely devastating apocalypse on this side of the lens...

Eel

I’ll be dead by then, as will hopefully be all currently known life on earth, so whatever.

Have fun with the end of our solar system, colonizers from galaxy Beta Omicron XY-B00482. Plan it better next time.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX Heh, this is what happens when I reply to this thread between work pauses. More replies inevitably show up. XD NL email notifications seem broken for me again.

I haven't personally played the game but did find an article out there that highlights the localization changes/censorship. The game is apparently rated T, so I'm assuming some of these changes were made in an effort to avoid an M rating and its equivalents. Not that I agree with that; they should have kept a lot of it like it was.

I do understand legit parental concerns, but there are ways to manage kids potentially seeing or not seeing that sort of thing (or not even get the game at all). I'm not a parent, but I definitely wouldn't play something like that if one of my young cousins was around.

I'm somewhat interested in the game due to some of the mechanics and find the story's premise interesting, but I like RPGs in general. With JRPGs, like any game, I do research in advance to know what I'm signing up for. Trust me, things like panty shots do absolutely nothing for me. They usually earn at most an eyeroll. If that was all the game was about, I wouldn't touch it, but there seems to be so much more to it than that. I may pick up the Wii U version in the future since it's pretty cheap right now and isn't too significantly different compared to the Switch version.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@StableInvadeel I know, and I already mentioned that earlier, in my original reply to Anti, but regardless of that, it's still not really fitting to compare it to a "tiny fart", even in the grander scheme of things. It's still a super nova, or at the very least a dying star, which is never a small thing.

@Tyranexx Well, aside from the few flashes here and there, this is not exactly a fan service type of game, and it actually IS a very good game, so you might want to look into it after all. @NEStalgia explained it best in this comment, both venting the frustration that interested people feel about this, while still trying to enlighten the uninformed. Probably still won't do any good though, because these people have some weird kind of single-minded blockade in their heads, which defies any logic trying to penetrate it, but I'll still give him props for giving it a try...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic