Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 35,081 to 35,100 of 96,481

Anti-Matter

Actually, we were the witness of a "New" star in the sky. It was so bright so we can saw it with naked eyes in the morning. After 2 years later it started to fade out and disappeared.

It was Not a New Star. It was a SUPERNOVA from another galaxy that formed into Crab Nebula. It was happened on year 1054

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX Right, I DO get the impression that it's a really good game; I've had a couple of users here even suggest that I play it! It's previously flown off of my radar a bit simply because there are so many other RPGs out there and because it was a later Wii U release.

I didn't mean to imply that I thought this was strictly a fanservice game; if that was all it was, my interest would have waned a long time ago.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Ah, sorry, my bad. Kinda misread your previous comment. That's what you get when you're trying to explain your way out of the "Nintendo offers refunds for destroyed Japanese game" thread, while being angry/annoyed and still trying to be as polite as you can at the same time, when commenting, especially to the people in this thread, who have nothing whatsoever to do with my frustration at this very moment...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Bah, the thread moves too fast. By the time I start and finish writing my post there's already 10 others. Especially since forum threads don't auto-rerfresh like the comments do!

Edit: Plus email notifications have been broken for the past day or so, so I am missing a lot of replies to me!

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Tyranexx I highly recommend TMS#FE. One of my favorite game experiences to date. There's not really any "fan service" in the game, not the way you're thinking from some JRPGs. It had a few moments here or there as J-anything does. But its only real "fan service" is in the context of what the idol industry itself contains since it's a game about idols. The FE elements are very very very very light, it's mostly just "a lighter hearted Persona without as much social sim." It tries to hit on some deeper issues at times....part of that is what got censored out. Mostly it's a fun romp with memorable characters and a glimpse inside an idealized pop industry. Plus monsters because reasons. Tiki is adorable and I want to adopter her, though....best Tiki version ever.

NEStalgia

LuigibrineTheGreat

That is sad that they covered it up. I, for one, am a fan of letting fan-service fly! Some people just don't understand that if you have it, you should flaunt it.

Believe it or not, while I am a (kinda very) right leaning person, I have my left leaning views.

P.S.: NOT meaning to endorse any sort of shota or loli anything!

Be yourself, no matter who you are!
For me, that's being madly in love with fictional characters. Plz don't judge.
Yes, my first anime was High School DxD. Don't ask or judge!
Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

NEStalgia

@Andrew_R_2000 There really wasn't much in the way of fan service in any version of the game, ever though. There was one up-skirt they did change. But the rest of the consumes that were changed didn't need it, even for puritans. That's what's so weird about it. The changed costumes were tame by typical prom dress standards. That's why it's so weird with this game. And the whole chapter 2 thing was just....changing it made sense...what they changed it to did not make sense. The theme didn't need to go, just the details, not because it was too risque, but because it didn't really make sense outside Japan....but an alternative that kept the meaning could have been done.

I'm still convinced it was all a product of keeping the ESRB rating as low as possible, and spending as little as possible on certifying it, so they just cut EVERYTHING to make it a Smurfs Go Camping game just to be SURE they only had to pay for one cycle.... Gutting it in Japan, now, I assume is also just cost minimization for a game they feel they're sending out to die.

NEStalgia

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX No prob! Tbh I was worried I misread your own meaning a bit. I've refrained from commenting in that article; even before clicking into it yesterday, the amount of comments alone served as a sort of storm warning....

@NEStalgia "Monsters because reasons" is one of the selling points for me, funnily enough. XD As I mentioned earlier, I'll likely skip the overpriced Switch version at this point as I don't feel it adds much but will probably hunt down a Wii U copy since it's significantly cheaper on Amazon right now. Darn it, yet ANOTHER JRPG I need to play.... XD

Many compliments on your post in that article that @ThanosReXXX linked by the way. I admittedly didn't read TOO much into said story change in fear of spoilers but knew it was enough of a drastic change to where I understand why gamers are incensed. I knew about the localization changes themselves but didn't know that what was changed was such a meaningful commentary on an aspect of Japanese pop culture; said aspect doesn't exist in the West to that extent, and I appreciate that you took the time to explain that and also offered a more reasonable alternative on what Atlas COULD have done there.

I can vaguely understand why some people just clicked into the article and commented WITHOUT RESEARCHING THE FULL CONTEXT FIRST of why some people are complaining; previous whining over such changes was often over something small and insignificant to a game, examples of which you did also cite. That of course doesn't excuse lack of research and reading comprehension by any means.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Eel

Of course, Pokemon Go adds a mission that requires you to use absurd amounts of berries just a few days after I threw most of mine away to make space in the backpack.

Sigh...

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NEStalgia

@Tyranexx Thanks! Don't worry, there's no spoilers in there.

Besides, you can't spoil something that has no story value at all....it's now a disposable chapter you slog through and ignore because it's kind of story irrelevant now.

TL;DR NoA's idea of localization here was: Instead of a social commentary on the underbelly of the Japanese entertainment industry, make a chapter about characters feeling good dressing up as Bootsy Collins in public.

Edit: The funny thing is the dungeon is still plastered with pinup Polaroids of characters vaguely in bikinis. Which REALLY makes the whole rapper clothes thing bizarre and nonsensical.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Then just use the notifications on-site, like normal people do.
But all kidding aside, I was already wondering what you were talking about yesterday, because my notifications were working just fine. (the ones that pop up in the top right corner of this web site)

I think I'm just going to mod my Wii U and play the REAL version of the game, instead of buying the butchered Switch version. I was never planning on modding my Wii U, since I'm not interested in playing pirated Wii U games AND because I've already modded my Wii, so there's also no need for me to do it, but things like this are making me seriously reconsider. Then again: I'm not sure, but I've seen people mention that the "revert to original version" patch only works on the digital version, and even though I have the black Wii U, I still don't have enough space left on there, and I don't really want to buy the digital version, since as you will know by now, I'm more of a physical games collector.

And then there's the thing of the difference in price, which in the case of the digital version will probably be quite a bit higher, compared to the by now heavily discounted physical version...

@Tyranexx Ah, well. At least we're all sorted on the exchange of apologies now...

I did see your quick "pops in to see what's going on and leaves" comment, and in hindsight, that's probably also what I should have done, but I still have one foot in it, depending on whether or not certain individuals feel like replying to me or not. I hope not, so I can be done with it, but if they do, then they'll drag me back in, because I simply hate leaving ends untied.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX I was going to say "just region hack it" and import it, but then there's no English subs so the proper script won't help...

NEStalgia

Tyranexx

@NEStalgia Haha, fair point! As long as the gameplay is still functional, I guess.

I was under the impression, according to this old article about the Wii U localization, that Atlas was in charge of a lot of the localization. I do realize that may not be the case this time around and that any way you look at it, Nintendo shares some of the blame.

It still sounds like a slop-job in any case. IMO I think they should have just risked the M rating and at the very least kept that story theme in....

@ThanosReXXX I also hate leaving ends untied, though I am trying to be better at cutting my replies off when they essentially get to the equivalent of "Yes, okay, fine" over and over again.

For the sake of your sanity and everyone else's, I kinda hope the comments in that article and any subsequent replies become fewer and taper off going forward....

Edited on by Tyranexx

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Erm.... that's AtLUS, not Atlas, ma'am...

And concerning those comments: that's indeed what I'm hoping for. I'd like to start my weekend on a high note, but at the very least not at a disappointingly low one.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

bimmy-lee

@Tyranexx - I guess the only downside in my opinion to BOTW is the new BOTW syndrome infecting fans of Nintendo franchises. Yeah, not everything can or should be a massive open world. Time to order lunch, I’m thinking a fresh poop sandwich and a pint of warm stank juice, served fresh from the haunted attraction.

@ThanosReXXX - Take me with you. You, me, Dr. Manhattan; we’ll have a blast. Well, Manhattan is a bit moody, but you and I will have fun.

@StableInvadeel - I was clicking around on news headlines during lunch, and I’m pretty sure I read about what went down in that other city you mentioned yesterday. Seems like maybe the weather in the city you’re in should be just fine, even if it’s raining poisonous toads.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Eel

@bimmy-lee I wish, apparently the hotel reservation is way too important for my parents, so we are going out later today, to get there tomorrow.

Thankfully it seems the situation has calmed down considerably, and hopefully by tomorrow it should all go back down to the normal levels of criminal activity.

As a side note, I'm happy to inform my family there is ok, some had to stay overnight at their workplaces and stuff, but most of them were safe in their respective houses.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@StableInvadeel Talk about LITERALLY dodging bullets...
Glad you're not anywhere near that insane situation. Sinaloa wins again, apparently. They should just send armies, and/or a bunch of hardened mercenaries. Or drop some napalm on them. Scum of the Earth...

@bimmy-lee Dr. Manhattan? Hell, no! That overgrown, naked six-packed Smurf needs to go. He's the bane of the DC Universe, actually. There's a whole story line, from a while back in which he's responsible for quite a few terrible things. Even worse than Marvel villains like Thanos, Doom, Galactus and you name them together. More powerful than the Beyonder and so on, and so on.

Here's a rather interesting video about the extent and limit of his powers:

No, let him stay on the dark side of the Moon, in that hidden Nazi base, or wherever the hell he's at right now, but nowhere near me...

bimmy-lee

@StableInvadeel - It would be silly for the legacy kid and his goons to still be there, so you might be headed to a safer place. I’m glad your family is fine, and hope you all have a nice time.

@ThanosReXXX - I intended to watch that video in halves, but it was so interesting I just stuck with it. I like Dr. Manhattan even more now, but still think Joker and Swamp Thing are cooler. At least Joker wears clothes, and Swampie covers his roots with leaves. Manhattan seems like a good guy... or consciousness to have as a friend. I got a little lost at the end during the discussion of the limits of his powers. It seems like his only limitation is that he exists? Which means he can then be made to not exist? Except he’s the free floating consciousness pulling all the strings, and can form himself any way he wishes, including having no form at all. Can you help me out?

Edit - Oh, and I think he’s still on the dark side of the moon. He and Syd Barrett hang out there. They get along.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX I'm gonna blame autocorrect for that one. As well as my love of Greek/Roman mythology. I'll fight my phone on that one in the future!

@bimmy-lee I wouldn't mind quite as much if I had the time to explore every single open world out there, but alas those days are long behind me....

I'll try to remember to ask what's in that concoction later btw.

@StableInvadeel I'm glad your family there is okay! And I hope that you and your family stay safe in your travels.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic