Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 13,161 to 13,180 of 96,578

veeflames

Yup. Leo won.
Congrats to him for taking home the second to the last award of the night!
ahem Sorry about that.

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

MsJubilee

Oh my god he won. I'm so happy for him!

@Meowpheel: My mistake. I get way too excited with these things. And i been posting way too much on here

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

veeflames

@Meowpheel: I'm sorry, but did you watch the Oscars in Mexico? Through some ABC affiliate?

God first.

Eel

I dunno, they just make a big deal about it and have it live in multiple channels. With live translation and commentary and stuff.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

veeflames

@Meowpheel: Oh... OK.
I just thought ABC also had an affiliate in other countries. Well, with 900 million viewers (qtd. from Buzz Lightyear) watching the Oscars, I think it's obvious people around the world tuned in to the awards show.

God first.

Rumorlife

TingLz wrote:

Perhaps I should address your concerns here...

Dankykong wrote:

These forums have really died in the past few weeks. It's only mods and like 2-3 others posting everywhere now.

There have been frequent posts by many users on the forums. What are you basing this statement on?

Dankykong wrote:

It comes off as Authoritarian. Everyone's gone because their boards get locked or their posts get deleted too easily.

I count two locks in the past few days. One was a repeat thread and the other a spam thread.

Dankykong wrote:

It would be nice to complain about some of it, but sending in a whine email makes you submit your username first lol.

And this is a problem why? If you have a problem, why are you afraid of submitting your username? I have addressed many complaints in the past and even changed some routines here from some complaints.

Dankykong wrote:

It's like saying "okay who are you? So we can ban, or single you in future events for speaking up against any issue"

I don't really appreciate baseless accusations unless you have proof for your statements. If you don't like how things are run here, you're free to contact us about your concerns or you can go to another site. I'd rather not continue this discussion here.

1. I'm basing the slow on that most of the threads haven't had posts since 2015, all seemingly around Oct-Dec did a lot of the topics die. I mean just look, it's so dead in some of the forums that one person just bumped a bunch of threads that largely died from 2015 in VC today because there's nothing else. Mods are in abundance in Fire Emblem Fates, Pokemon RBY, this thread, currently the Retro, DS, WiiU and 3DS boards are all topped by the same mod, two others are topped by the same person and have been for some time. On and off with Mario Maker and both of the Unpopular opinion threads. There were also a bunch of 1-2 reply threads during a week or two ago, where nobody but one of the mods ever was replying. I'm in no way saying they're not allowed to talk where "normal" users talk. I'm saying there's a lot of them, if not more so than normal members sometimes.

2. It's been a slow week. Some weeks the entire top of the page in certain forums will be locks and redirects to mostly dead threads or dead stickies.

3. The problem is, is that I've seen many times where people submit their complaints on here on the forum and get slammed by whoever is in authority instead of addressing the issue in a friendly matter instead of replying in some rude fashion and locking the topic. Understandingly the rule of the forum is to not voice it in such a way, send in a ticket email. Okay fine, but if you get a snotty reply on the forum from an official, what would make me expect I would get treated any different if I sent in a formal email complaint? Especially if I named their friend/the mod by username. There was specifically a week and a half in the Feedback forum where people were complaining and none of the threads got answered. All of them got locked and even a few mods told off the creators. When there's like 3 mods gleefully locking complaints for days, why would sending in an email ticket do anything?

4. Why is that what is always comes down to with the forum mods on here? You address me and ask me questions then at the end say you don't want to hear it? Fine. There wasn't any real "concern" until you asked, I'm not concerned about anything really. More of an observation. I wasn't trying to sound hostile in the previous post. Also, if you read the previous post, I don't have any beef with you or your mods. My point was that I can go into a bunch of threads and all I see are stars next to avatars which makes it seem like nobody else is here.

Meowpheel wrote:

Well that was unexpected.

Anyway, we are just mods. If you're unhappy with one of us or think someone is getting too bossy without a reason, then please tell us using the contact form.

That way we can find a way to make things work.

At the same time, if you think a post or someone should be moded, report them. It's easier for us to tell something is not welcome that way.

This is how you reply to an issue, not "what's your problem? You know what you can just leave and find another forum I dont care what you have to say"

Edited on by Rumorlife

Rumorlife

Eel

Sorry, I just really like Pokemon. So that probably explains why I post so much.

As for the rest of your post, don't be afraid of using the contact form. Nobody will target you or treat you unfairly, I can say that much.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Rumorlife

No need to apologize. But it's felt cliquey in here a few times before, this is what made me say something. I'll use the contact form for any future issues.

Edited on by Rumorlife

Rumorlife

andremoranksD

It's an interesting thread discussing various topics

andremoranksD

LaserdiscGal

Welp looks like I won't be back home for another day, great.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Socar

So SEGA has released a survey which supposedly will help them to make better games.

http://bit.ly/FBSurv

If you want or if you still love SEGA, fill it but honestly, you are wasting your time if you think SEGA will listen to you after all this time. Why I posted the link? Because many of you love SEGA and some of you find them better than Nintendo and i don't want anyone to be sad about SEGA's current situation so I want to make you happy by giving you the chance to support SEGA. I did fill the survey hoping that miracle can really happen if it makes you feel any better.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Eel

"I'll share your link b-b-but don't get the wrong idea! It's not like I care about you, you baka!"

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic