Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 10,341 to 10,360 of 96,243

Yoshi

Everything was better in the 90s.

Edited on by Yoshi

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Yoshi

If you live in the US, and you're old enough, please vote today.

Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

NintendoFan64

Electricmastro wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Um...I learned something interesting, today. Yesterday some of my classmates went to see a rocket launch. So they saw it, and as it got into the air...it exploded. Don't worry, nobody was on it because it was just carrying supplies, so it's good to hear that nobody got burned to a crisp.

Your classmates went to the launch itself or just saw it on tv?

They witnessed it as it was happening from a safe distance, so yeah, they went to the launch itself. I think the explosion was actually on the news.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Yoshi

CanisWolfred wrote:

brewsky wrote:

...what are we voting for? I thought the presidential election was next year...

It's the midterm elections. You're voting for your representative and a senator if their term is up. There also might be some amendments and propositions that your state and local governments have put on the ballot as well. You also might be voting for your state and local government officials as well, depending on how each state works and all that jazz.

And the presidential election is two years from now, not one.

Now playing:

CanisWolfred

brewsky wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

brewsky wrote:

...what are we voting for? I thought the presidential election was next year...

It's the midterm elections. You're voting for your representative and a senator if their term is up. There also might be some amendments and propositions that your state and local governments have put on the ballot as well. You also might be voting for your state and local government officials as well, depending on how each state works and all that jazz.

In other words, a bunch of fat@$$s and some bills that'll be passed anyways unless they're actually worthwhile - in which case they'll die a quick death. I'd stay home except I'll be dragged to the voting booth, anyways...

brewsky wrote:

And the presidential election is two years from now, not one.

Oh right, the inaguration for the 2012 elected president was in 2013...yeah...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RR529

Got hit with a cold really hard today, so I wasn't able to get out to vote, which sucks.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

ArabPikachu

brewsky wrote:

Which reminds me, I made a WordPress blog post about participating in today's midterm election.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/amunity/go/shield/privateProfile

Nintendo Network ID: Fikachu

Yoshi

OH MY GOD.

I am so torn up right now. How could a silly game make me so feelsy? This...has never happened to me before. There are a small handful games that make me cry, but this. This made me bawl on mutliple occasions.

I guess I should relinquish all my man points after that. And now I'm going to watch the sequel. Oh god. I'm still reeling from that story....

Now playing:

RR529

My brother likes watching Glenn Beck, and apparently the guy thinks he wants to be the next Walt Disney...

On his show, he showed off a stop motion clip of a papercraft worm (that he says will be his "Jimeny Cricket") going on an adventure through a library, with Beck himself then appearing, and starting a conversation with a claymation Johnny Appleseed. He explained that this library is the room that time forgot (though the room didn't forget us!), and that it houses the greatest stories ever told.

Apparently this was a teaser event for a future children's program he's going to air on his network, called History House.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

CanisWolfred

@Captain_Toad - Just wanted to say thanks for uploading some Iridion II music. That game had a great soundtrack, but I recall having difficulty finding any music from it last I looked...I see you put them up a while ago, but still...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Captain_Toad

@CanisWolfred OMG, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou. Man I gotta get back to updating my youtube and sometimes....i kinda underestimate the comments and appreaciation I get on my channel

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Inkling

Untitled

cries

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

NintendoFan64

Inkling wrote:

Untitled

cries

Oh my God, new Bob scares me.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

mystman12

Welp, found these Donkey Kong Country 2 remixes today:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqHFAfIMzKw39ZQSEGd7fnK...
Welp, they are the greatest remixes I've ever heard.
Welp, that guy got my money.
Welp, he needs more recognition.
Welp, LISTEN TO THEM NOW!

ahem Sorry 'bout that, but seriously, these are some incredible orchestral remixes of some of the best music from the game. Give it a listen!

Edited on by mystman12

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Okay, so one of the local supermarket chains, Price Chopper (which is different from the one in the midwest) is rebranding itself.
...as Market 32. I kid you not. I don't know if they're trying to sound hip, or if Price Chopper is just run by a Saturday Morning Cartoon villain...I'm more inclined to believe the latter, though, having shopped there before...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Yoshi

CanisWolfred wrote:

Okay, so one of the local supermarket chains, Price Chopper (which is different from the one in the midwest) is rebranding itself.
...as Market 32. I kid you not. I don't know if they're trying to sound hip, or if Price Chopper is just run by a Saturday Morning Cartoon villain...I'm more inclined to believe the latter, though, having shopped there before...

Wait, there are two companies that have stores named Price Chopper, or are you confusing it with Price Cutter?

Now playing:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic