Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 10,361 to 10,380 of 96,243

Yoshi

That's most likely the reason they're rebranding then. That is very confusing....

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

iKhan

mystman12 wrote:

Inkling wrote:

Untitled

cries

My childhood just died. And why the heck does he look like a little kid head on a short man's body?

Children's television died in 2009, when Reading Rainbow officially came off the air. At that point, the 4 forces I consider to be the most powerful in the area of kid's educational television: Fred Rogers, LeVar Burton, Bill Nye, and Chris and Martin Kratt, had all left the business. Not that I'm blaming any of them, it's just that no one has really stepped up to the plate to fill the shoes of these people.

At this point, kid's TV relies too heavily on bright colors and flashy animations. I'm not saying this out of nostalgia, I have a young sister who I've watched these show's with on occasion. I'm not going to say the newer shows she watches are bad or anything. They just really don't have the heart many older shows had. There is still Arthur I guess.

And before someone mentions it, I know Wild Kratts exists, and there is a Reading Rainbow app. The former I have yet to really see, and the latter isn't really TV.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

RR529

Just got back from our Church's Thanksgiving dinner, and the food was absolutely amazing.

Nice visiting with everyone, too.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

MsJubilee

iKhan wrote:

mystman12 wrote:

Inkling wrote:

Untitled

cries

My childhood just died. And why the heck does he look like a little kid head on a short man's body?

Children's television died in 2009, when Reading Rainbow officially came off the air. At that point, the 4 forces I consider to be the most powerful in the area of kid's educational television: Fred Rogers, LeVar Burton, Bill Nye, and Chris and Martin Kratt, had all left the business. Not that I'm blaming any of them, it's just that no one has really stepped up to the plate to fill the shoes of these people.

At this point, kid's TV relies too heavily on bright colors and flashy animations. I'm not saying this out of nostalgia, I have a young sister who I've watched these show's with on occasion. I'm not going to say the newer shows she watches are bad or anything. They just really don't have the heart many older shows had. There is still Arthur I guess.

And before someone mentions it, I know Wild Kratts exists, and there is a Reading Rainbow app. The former I have yet to really see, and the latter isn't really TV.

Anyone else want to ruin my childhood?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Socar

So I got an appointment for a job to see if I'm fit for it or not. I wonder how its gonna be like being on my own and paying bills and such..... I feel a lot better if I was never born. I have a feeling that from here on, things will get even worse than it is now.

I'm beginning to hate everything around me. Its like no one can respect my opinions and therefore prefers their own opinions. Atleast when playing games, no one can either agree or disagree with you.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Yoshi

Artwark wrote:

So I got an appointment for a job to see if I'm fit for it or not. I wonder how its gonna be like being on my own and paying bills and such..... I feel a lot better if I was never born. I have a feeling that from here on, things will get even worse than it is now.

I'm beginning to hate everything around me. Its like no one can respect my opinions and therefore prefers their own opinions. Atleast when playing games, no one can either agree or disagree with you.

Living on your own for the first time is an interesting experience, but it's only a bad thing if you make it that way! Don't be down if everything turns sour, be grateful that you have a life to live.

And we all have our opinions, and of course we prefer our own. Just because we disagree with you doesn't mean that we don't respect it. For me, if you have an opinion that differs from mine, as long as you provide a good reason to have that opinion, I will respect it. Always.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Dizzy_Boy

I didn't think a whole thread was necessary for this, but check this advert out. I swear thats a 3DS XL with the writing covered up.

Edited on by Dizzy_Boy

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

iKhan

Artwark wrote:

Totally with you. I'm terrified of the point when I'm going to become a dependent and be financially responsible for myself. I've been on by own in a dorm room, or special program housing, but food, money, transportation, etc. has always been taken care of for me.

I have a few more years to go until then though.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Inkling

dizzy_boy wrote:

I didn't think a whole thread was necessary for this, but check this advert out. I swear thats a 3DS XL with the writing covered up.

Yup, that is

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

veeflames

Artwark wrote:

I can honestly say that while I'm scared of living on my own, I AM VERY EXCITED to get to that point when I do live on my own. At my age, a lot of people may say I'm rushing, as I still have school to go through, but I try to save and conserve money, because I want to be independent. I'll just tell you, you'll definitely MARVEL at your first pay check, so just go through it.

I'm kinda jealous!!!

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Socar

I still have negativity towards life. Like why the hell parents raise kids only for them to get a job and be on their own? WHY THE HELL ITS THE SAME DAMM THING? And in the end I have to care for my parents because they did so much for me. Heck they can't afford to take me to Singapore or US for that matter. Places where I SHOULD be! I bet that even if I get a job, I'm still gonna be negative about it because I'll be bossed around and how long is that gonna be?

I'm still in hell because even if I go abroad, I'll get tricked because I'm a foreigner and that I've still yet to get the Wii U and by the time I get it, the lifespan for it will vanish only me getting so little. So basically even if I'm on my own, I'm still stuck on my own damm world like how my mom keeps picking me on. Some life! I'd rather burn myself and be gone for good!

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Aviator

Artwark wrote:

WHY THE HELL ITS THE SAME DAMM THING? And in the end I have to care for my parents because they did so much for me. Heck they can't afford to take me to Singapore or US for that matter. Places where I SHOULD be! I bet that even if I get a job, I'm still gonna be negative about it because I'll be bossed around and how long is that gonna be?

I'm still stuck on my own damm world like how my mom keeps picking me on.

If you have kids you will feel differently.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Veloster

Rockstar, I understand that you would want GTA to be more lifelike than it's predecessors in many ways. But why, why the frick did you add a 'lifelike' climbing and falling mechanic?!
I don't want to feel the urge to kill my own player because he can't climb up one freaking hill. And I don't want to have to wait four hours to get back up after being slightly nudged by a car and falling over.

The greatest scene in T.V history

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0036-0357

CanisWolfred

Veloster wrote:

Rockstar, I understand that you would want GTA to be more lifelike than it's predecessors in many ways. But why, why the frick did you add a 'lifelike' climbing and falling mechanic?!
I don't want to feel the urge to kill my own player because he can't climb up one freaking hill. And I don't want to have to wait four hours to get back up after being slightly nudged by a car and falling over.

Is that the PS4/XONE version? Because the 360 version had you driving up near-vertical walls...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Veloster

CanisWolfred wrote:

Veloster wrote:

Is that the PS4/XONE version? Because the 360 version had you driving up near-vertical walls...

I wish it was the PS4 version (First person FTW!), but no, it's the PS3 one.

The greatest scene in T.V history

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0036-0357

RR529

Just watched the Japanese version of the Nintendo Direct that aired a couple weeks ago, and decided to list all of the new games announced, or at least I haven't heard of them before (all of which are 3rd party 3DS games)...

• Derby Stallion Gold (A horse racing game we'll probably never see)
  • A second Attack on Titan game.
  • Lost Heroes 2 (Some RPG crossover between Ultraman & Gundam)
  • Devil Survivor 2: Break Point (Remake of the DS game)
  • Ace Combat: Cross Rumble + (An amiibo compatible re-release of the 2011 game, that was mentioned here)
  • Remake of Atelier Rorona in an "Chibi" art style.
  • Some anime looking game about fighting high school delinquent gangs.

Of course they also talked about games we already knew about, such as Final Fantasy Explorers & Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl 2, and all the stuff that was mentioned in our direct, such as Majora's Mask 3D, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (4G), & all the Wii U stuff (which was the same, other than the Duck Hunt Duo trailer, which was absent).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic