Forums

Topic: Reasons why you hate Sonic?

Posts 101 to 105 of 105

GuSolarFlare

brewsky wrote:

BearHunger wrote:

Anyway I'm surprised this thread has stayed open as it is from 2010 and was revived by a troll.

Because it revived in June and the necromancy rule was introduced in August so punishing someone for a wrongdoing committed before the rule was created would be considered ex post facto, which is a big no-no.

Just sayin'

there's also the fact this actually created some sort of somewhat-relevant discussion so it's still kinda inside the new rules

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

kyuubikid213

It's not so much that people hate Sonic than it is that people hate what's being done to Sonic.

Mario is still being given the same first-party/mascot treatment he's gotten since the original Mario Bros. Sonic on the other hand has been milked...hardcore. So much so that some of the 3D Sonic games feel like the games didn't need Sonic and the gang at all much like Starfox Adventures.

I still have a soft spot for Sonic even though I've never beaten a Sonic game and have only played his 2D entries a few times. He just needs some love. Let's hope Sonic Boom does that for him.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

SpaceGhost11

I don't hate him, but most of his games have an overabundance of cheap, bottomless pit traps, which ruins the sense of speed when you know you can't go too fast without falling into one. Sonic Rush was the absolute worst offender in this case, completely ruined the game for me.

SpaceGhost11

BearHunger

brewsky wrote:

BearHunger wrote:

Anyway I'm surprised this thread has stayed open as it is from 2010 and was revived by a troll.

Because it revived in June and the necromancy rule was introduced in August so punishing someone for a wrongdoing committed before the rule was created would be considered ex post facto, which is a big no-no.

Just sayin'

I'm pretty sure it was only written this month. I think it's generally an unwritten netiquette guideline across all forums. (Those drive me crazy by the way. ) Either way, by a troll. Oh well, he's gone. But it's worth considering how the landscape has changed since this thread originally ended—even Sonic Colors wasn't out yet.

O-K-N-E-way reasons I hate Sonic: I love Sonic because his games are completely discernible from one another, owing to Sonic Team's refusal to grow complacent.* I mean, Sonic Team could easily have just rehashed Sonic Colors or Generations for the hedgehog's Wii U debut to wide acclaim, but instead they took a risk and got mixed reactions. The game didn't please everyone, but it sure pleased me. Of course it would, though, what with me being a big Sonic fan.

*The handheld games got kind of phoned-in by comparison, though—most notably Sonic Generations.

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.