Forums

Topic: Question of the Day

Posts 4,601 to 4,620 of 8,464

zezhyrule

Although a definitive answer would of course require further measurements, published species-wide averages of wing length and body mass, initial Strouhal estimates based on those averages and cross-species comparisons, the Lund wind tunnel study of birds flying at a range of speeds, and revised Strouhal numbers based on that study all lead me to estimate that the average cruising airspeed velocity of an unladen European Swallow is roughly 11 meters per second, or 24 miles an hour.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

turtlelink

Although a definitive answer would of course require further measurements, published species-wide averages of wing length and body mass, initial Strouhal estimates based on those averages and cross-species comparisons, the Lund wind tunnel study of birds flying at a range of speeds, and revised Strouhal numbers based on that study all lead me to estimate that the average cruising airspeed velocity of an unladen European Swallow is roughly 11 meters per second, or 24 miles an hour.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

JayArr

I quit looking at/replying to this thread as soon as the question quit being in the title. Looks like I'm not the only one either....

x___x

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

FriedSquid

Question of the Day #252: What is your New Year resolution (if it's not too personal)?

Also, I think this will be the last question that I will be posting. RedLink said he would be able to run the thread again by tomorrow.
you guys must be so happy

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

pntjr

To stop singing "Man or a Muppet' in public. (It's from the Muppets)
It's such a good song

Edited on by pntjr

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter:

Link977

Thanks again DarkSquid for covering while I was moving!

Question #253: If you were on American Idol (or any other singing-related TV show), do you think you would win or had a chance at winning?

Formerly PurpleLink, RedLink & OrdonianLink
Getting a Gold Mushroom on Rainbow Road is just asking to lose!
Backloggery
Question of the Day

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9901-0836 | Nintendo Network ID: Link977

Noire

I am not deluded about my wonderful singing voice. My mother has often told me I have the voice of an angel, and so I would easily win this competition. I am prepared to sell everything I own to buy a ticket to an audition and place my entire future on the notion.

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

Reala

I imagine most sane people would batter themselves to death with the microphone the moment they came to realization they where bizzarely on such a damn awful show all of a sudden, or else live with the madness that would drive you to commit such an act in the first place.

Reala

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.