Forums

Topic: Pixel Art

Posts 2,241 to 2,260 of 2,400

HolyMackerel

@pix I like the dusky colour scheme on your RPG sprites. It's surprising that they aren't using a base because they are really reminiscent of the shape of FF6 sprites. Not that that's a bad thing, of course!

Just finished cleaning up my character's run animation. It looks a heck of a lot better than when I started it.

Untitled

HolyMackerel

Rensch

That's really nice!

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

Turnip

HolyMackerel wrote:

@pix I like the dusky colour scheme on your RPG sprites. It's surprising that they aren't using a base because they are really reminiscent of the shape of FF6 sprites. Not that that's a bad thing, of course!

Just finished cleaning up my character's run animation. It looks a heck of a lot better than when I started it.

Untitled

okay. thats just plain epic.

Cringing is really fun.

StarBoy91

Thanks, zez. Corbie's the one standing between Crono and the panda.
@DannyBoy - sorry. I wanted to include as many users as I possibly could, but it proved to be harder than I thought.
Good job, Werble.

I tried something different last night, and I'm amazed at the way it turned out.

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

Turnip

StarBoy91 wrote:

Thanks, zez. Corbie's the one standing between Crono and the panda.
@DannyBoy - sorry. I wanted to include as many users as I possibly could, but it proved to be harder than I thought.
Good job, Werble.

I tried something different last night, and I'm amazed at the way it turned out.

Thanx.

nice pic starboy.

Cringing is really fun.

StarBoy91

Thanks, Werble.
@Od - it represents you.

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

retired_account

HolyMackerel wrote:

Untitled

Wow, very smooth. So is she only going to move 1 pixel at a time? Better have a high framerate, haha.

And I actually thought my sprites looked more like Chrono Trigger than FF. But yeah, I've used Square Enix's RPG sprites as bases for practice many times before, so I'm very familiar with the techniques they use.

I really need to hone my tileset drawing skills. Whenever I set out to make an RPG, the tilesets get me every time. :/

retired_account

StarBoy91

@Od - you're welcome.
I like that, HolyMackerel.

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

HolyMackerel

pixelman wrote:

Wow, very smooth. So is she only going to move 1 pixel at a time? Better have a high framerate, haha.

And I actually thought my sprites looked more like Chrono Trigger than FF. But yeah, I've used Square Enix's RPG sprites as bases for practice many times before, so I'm very familiar with the techniques they use.

I really need to hone my tileset drawing skills. Whenever I set out to make an RPG, the tilesets get me every time. :/

I know, tiles are nuisance to create. :/ It's hard to make them non-grid-like and non-repeating. The tile artists of the 16-bit era were geniuses.

And she's not going to move 1 pixel at a time. She doesn't move all that fast, but fortunately she doesn't look like she's floating or sliding at the speed I've given her. Either way, a high framerate is certain.

@StarBoy Thanks, I spent a long time on it.

HolyMackerel

retired_account

HolyMackerel wrote:

pixelman wrote:

I know, tiles are nuisance to create. :/ It's hard to make them non-grid-like and non-repeating. The tile artists of the 16-bit era were geniuses.

And she's not going to move 1 pixel at a time. She doesn't move all that fast, but fortunately she doesn't look like she's floating or sliding at the speed I've given her. Either way, a high framerate is certain.

@StarBoy Thanks, I spent a long time on it.

Haha agreed. Secret of Mana is the prime example of gorgeous tilesets. Speaking of which, maybe I should practice using that as my base.

retired_account

retired_account

Oh very nice, Dragoon. Looks just like him. :3

retired_account

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.