Forums

Topic: Pixel Art

Posts 1,701 to 1,720 of 2,408

Rensch

That's a nice animation Karakoto.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

Noire

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

@Feenie: I won't judge this Lightning thing as such, but I do wonder what Jenna would say... perchance they should fight over you?

M'lady Jenna knows that in the end, I always come back to her.

...She'll just have to understand how hard it'll be for me to break this Lightning habit. She's fantastic.

But I wouldn't say no to a good ol' catfight.

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

bro2dragons

@pix: alright, I talked to my boss, and (go figure) this was not his favorite design, either. I did get a bit more on the lines of specifics from him, though:
"I prefer the thin lines for the font, and a calm and clear background that has a small little pattern that is subtle and doesn't distract from the letters."
He's also asked that I offer you a spot on our site as the resident pixel artist, which, really, would involve little more than drawing up a custom image every now and again (he mentioned an 8 or 16-bit Mario Galaxy 2 piece around the time the game launches as an example). Any work you did would be credited to you, of course, and even if you're not interested, we'd still like to credit you for this banner when he settles on one. So he's said that if you're interested, he'd like to be able to post a page about you featuring your name, age, a link to your game, how you got into pixel art, and some of your best/favorite pieces you've done.
How's that sound?

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons

retired_account

@bro: Y'know, that doesn't help me very much at all. He didn't mention anything about the colors, which was my main concern (maybe I should have stressed that more...) I think I'll just try and come up with something on my own. I'll keep the thin outline that he wants and just come up with my own color scheme/pattern.

As for your offer, I'm fine with drawing you guys stuff every now and then, but I don't want to turn it into a commitment. For now I'd rather just stay, shall we say, freelance. :3

@Karakato: That's awesome dude, good job. :3 Hopefully sometime after the game's done I'll build a nice little site for it, and then put some more games up there. I'd like to have my own little hub site and generate some ad revenue at some point.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

bro2dragons

@pix: I think the color is pretty much where he wants it, though I will ask again to be sure. And I totally understand about not wanting the commitment. Still, if you'd like, we'd love to give you credit for the banner, so if you want, we coul put up that page for you with the info, anyway, and link to your game, and one day to your website. And again, thanks for all this "freelance" work.

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons

StarBoy91

You can now climb the ropes up or down? That's a cool touch, pixelsbuddy. Although, I can't get to the third screen (it won't let me).

To each their own

retired_account

@bro: Yeah sure, credit me for the banner. I don't think the page is necessary right now, though, but thanks. :3

@StarBoy: Yeppers. There's no third screen right now, haha.

retired_account

retired_account

No it's not.

You mean fifty random layouts for the dark purple blocks?

retired_account

retired_account

Here's the new tileset. :3

Untitled

I'm not going to add it into the game until I get checkpoints, baddies, and abilities working.

Edit: Added some new scenery.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

Rensch

Nice, it's more 8-bit like.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

Percentful

When are you going to make the person a ninja again?
not that it isn't cool playing as a green square with random letters and numbers. :3

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

retired_account

After I get enemies, powerups, and checkpoints implemented. The main art will be implemented soon after.

retired_account

Percentful

Ahh, sounds good. I still have fun just sliding around and bouncing on spikes.

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

retired_account

Haha great. I've already made a great deal of progress on the baddie code. I've got "snakes" slithering around the ground right now.

retired_account

StarBoy91

It's cool to control a green box with random letters!

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

KanrakusPizza

God d*** it, pix. Your frog is freakin annoying!

but cute

wont be on here anymore

Adam

The frog? Unless the level has been recently redesigned, that was the easiest one to bop. The bird got me once just because I wasn't expecting it. I rescued Princess DJ and beat the game.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.