Forums

Topic: Overrated Movies

Posts 101 to 120 of 146

Kaeobais

grenworthshero wrote:

The Dark Knight. HOLY CRAP, just stop talking about it like it the greatest cinematic achievement of the decade!
Superbad was horrible.

Agreed. The Dark Knight was an excellent movie, but it's definitely not the most amazing cinematic achievement evAr. I think, and flame me if you want, that a lot of the acclaim has to do with Heath Ledgers death. And Superbad wasn't HORRIBLE, but it definitely wasn't good. Most of the jokes are just so childish it's ridiculous.

@Roguetrip: Yeah, Will's movies tend to be ... mediocre. However, I loved Step Brothers to death and Land of the Lost was pretty good too. Since The Other Guys is made by the same people as Step Brothers I'm hoping it'll be just as good.

@my_point_is: Oh my god, I know! NOTHING about that movie is funny. It's the most boring thing ever. Honestly, the entire movie I was just trying to decide if the main character was a good actor or not. I ended up deciding that he was just handicapped and moved on.

And I actually liked Transformers 1, for the most part. T2 was ... eh. The one battle scene with Optimus versus a bunch of Decepticons was awesome, but I found so much wrong with the movie. My biggest problem was my same problem with Spiderman 2: It tried too hard to be funny that it just made itself into joke.

Besides, those movies are hated pretty much everywhere, so I don't get why people keep naming them on this thread.

The best strategy in the game: go up stairs and pause balls.

Dizzy_Boy

@shadX, the guy that played the charecter napoleon dynamite was also in Drag Me to Hell. his acting was pretty mediocre in that aswell. which is a shame, because I thought that the rest of Drag Me to Hell was actually pretty good.
also, i have to agree with everyone so far about Transformers, I watched about 20 minutes of it on DVD and promptly switched it off and sold it.
somebody also mentioned Brϋno, i`ve not seen that yet, but if Borat was anything to go by, then i`ll give Brϋno a miss. thwn again, i`ve never been a fan of sacha baro cohen`s style of comedy.

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

AlexSays

Doesn't matter if there are a lot of haters (which is a side effect of great popularity), people are looking at sales figures when saying Transformers is overrated.

The movie raked in tons of cash so that's why people still say it's overrated, not because they think the entire population believes it's a good movie.

Kinda like how Call of Duty is hated everywhere on the internet, yet it's still acceptable to claim the series is overrated. Actually I like that analogy of Transformers to Call of Duty, they're both very similar.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Kaeobais

AlexSays wrote:

Doesn't matter if there are a lot of haters (which is a side effect of great popularity), people are looking at sales figures when saying Transformers is overrated.

The movie raked in tons of cash so that's why people still say it's overrated, not because they think the entire population believes it's a good movie.

Kinda like how Call of Duty is hated everywhere on the internet, yet it's still acceptable to claim the series is overrated. Actually I like that analogy of Transformers to Call of Duty, they're both very similar.

Good point.

The best strategy in the game: go up stairs and pause balls.

mastersworddude

Surprised to see Twilight here, I thought most people thought it was terrible.
Anyway, I say Batman Begins/The Dark Knight and the Harry Potter movies.

Playstation Network: Chaos2K10
3DS Friend Code: 4210-4911-1401

Aviator

New Moon. I only saw it cause there were apparently 18 mistakes continuity wise and stuff. Good times.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Aviator

WaveBoy wrote:

The Hangover: was just AWFUL...I felt like I was a watching a bunch of lame wannabe's trying to be 'mr funny man' During the movie i was thinking....When is this going to get funny? These guys are all noobs, and the gags were all lame and 'been there done that'. This comedy would of been funnier if I had seen it in the 90's. As it stands I maybe chuckled twice. Yet mainstream tweenagers ate this crap up at the theatres. Yes folks, this is the most overrated comedy of all time if you ask me. this garbage pales in comparison to the great comedies i just listed.

Yes. This a thousand times over.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

AlexSays

I wasn't a fan of The Hangover either.

And I was with someone who thought it was hysterical, and aptly laughed two seconds before every joke, which made the movie infinitely worse.

AlexSays

andsta

transformers, cloverfield, run fat boy run, Shrek 3, spiderman 3

check out my own website at : http://www.wix.com/D_P_MAD/Andy-INC

armoredghor

For every hater, there are 10 fanboys who don't give a s***.
@vonseux yes I do.

armoredghor

Rusty_Nail

Harry Potter 6
Fast and Furious 4
Kill Bill
Sin City (ridiculous movie)

Edited on by Rusty_Nail

Rusty_Nail

Platypus

Rusty_Nail wrote:

I agree Avatar was OK and had cool special effects but wasn't as mind blowing as everyone thought.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

Ico

Most popular things are overrated. The truly artistic achievements often do bad or so-so, or they get critical acclaim but not financial. I don't understand why Avatar, Harry Potter, Transformers, Pirates of the Caribbean, Shrek, Pixar, Judd Apatow, Kill Bill, or the Twilight movies are so popular. I think they're all overrated. Then again, I might not think that if I was younger, it might just be a generational thing. Then again, I didn't like most of what was popular in the 90's when I was a kid either. Titanic, The Phantom Menace, Toy Story, The Blair Witch Project, Scream, The Big Lebowski, Pulp Fiction, Dazed & Confused, Half Baked, or 90's Batman movies, so maybe it isn't generational. Who knows, everyone has different tastes. I rarely like what's mainstream. I like movies like Primer, The Comedy of Terrors, Harvey, M, Planes Trains and Automobiles, Grand Duel, and Duck You Sucker! most of which the average person probably wouldn't know of.

Ico

Winslow

Ponyo.

I love Miyazaki movies, but this one was too....cutesy

3DS Friend Code:
5198-2526-6139

Rusty_Nail

I didn't quite understand why Harry Potter 6 got so much hype after the failure of the 5th movie for me the 6th was a really poor film, the music was really poor, and i also read the book that was poor, for me it was really a heating to the 7th movie.

It is a really disappointment for me that Yates is going to instruct the two last films, why couldn't they continue with him that directed the 4th film that is the greatest Harry Potter movie of them all, there was blood, there was action and there was drama.

All of these things did the new fu***** director cut out in the 5th and 6th movie

The 5th Harry Potter book was so good and the movie could be better than the 4th but the director messed it so much up.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Rusty_Nail

Kid_A

The Matrix. Worthless campy tripe, that movie is. I genuinely don't understand it. Laughably ridiculous stunts wrapped in a plot that strains for relevance.
I just don't get it.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Kid_A

WaveBoy wrote:

Ico wrote:

Most popular things are overrated. The truly artistic achievements often do bad or so-so, or they get critical acclaim but not financial. I don't understand why Avatar, Harry Potter, Transformers, Pirates of the Caribbean, Shrek, Pixar, Judd Apatow, Kill Bill, or the Twilight movies are so popular. I think they're all overrated. Then again, I might not think that if I was younger, it might just be a generational thing. Then again, I didn't like most of what was popular in the 90's when I was a kid either. Titanic, The Phantom Menace, Toy Story, The Blair Witch Project, Scream, The Big Lebowski, Pulp Fiction, Dazed & Confused, Half Baked, or 90's Batman movies, so maybe it isn't generational. Who knows, everyone has different tastes. I rarely like what's mainstream. I like movies like Primer, The Comedy of Terrors, Harvey, M, Planes Trains and Automobiles, Grand Duel, and Duck You Sucker! most of which the average person probably wouldn't know of.

Pixar overrated? You're officially insane And Judd Apatow is a comedy god.

Pixar is definitely not overrated, but I can see the Judd Apatow argument. Now, the guy has made more classics than most comedians could ever dream of--Anchorman, Superbad, Taladega Nights, and for my money, Walk Hard: The Dewy Cox Story. But I'm not sold on the two "big ones" that people seem to gush about: 40 Year Old Virgin and Knocked Up. Both were pretty unfunny, and relied on pretty thin gags for most of their raunchy, gross-out gags.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Adenn_Solus

I hate to be off topic, but an absolutely great film that not many people have seen is Red Cliff. Its a recent japanese movie that wasn't in theaters and didn't have any hype, but it had great action sequences. It is a really long movie though, at a total of 5 hours. Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3qIXQCHf94 . on subject, I don't think any of us twilight haters will understand why people like these sub-par novels and movies. I think that the movie 2012: supernova is a massive stinker. in fact, you should check it out to laugh at all the stupid, questionable decisions and ridiculous numbers of plot holes.

Gamertag:Sven Lopez
What if everything you ever wanted CAME IN A ROCKET CAN?!!?!? POWERTHIRST! You've tried the worst, now thry the thirst!...quencher! Powerthirst now comes in WOMEN!! now with perposterous amounts of testosterone! PREPOSTERONE!
buy now at https://www.powerthirst.ca/...

irken004

Ico wrote:

Most popular things are overrated. The truly artistic achievements often do bad or so-so, or they get critical acclaim but not financial. I don't understand why Avatar, Harry Potter, Transformers, Pirates of the Caribbean, Shrek, Pixar, Judd Apatow, Kill Bill, or the Twilight movies are so popular. I think they're all overrated. Then again, I might not think that if I was younger, it might just be a generational thing.

Most of those films you listed are simply popular, not necessarily overrated. There's a large difference between popularity and being overrated.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.