General Discussion Forum

Topic: NF Magazine

Showing 441 to 460 of 511

AuthorMessage

ueI

441. Posted:

I doubt it. They haven't revealed any information on issue #4.

Droggeljug

AuthorMessage

PuzzleMaster7

442. Posted:

Knuckles wrote:

Has anyone got their Print Copy of Issue 4?

Since the cover art for issue #4 hasn't even been revealed yet, I wouldn't expect it to be out until another 1-2 weeks time.
Generally, each issue will be released sometime in the middle of every other month.

Edited on by PuzzleMaster7

There is no puzzle without a solution!

3DS Friend Code: 4055-4399-6605 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePuzzleMaster7 | Twitter: PuzzleMaster7

AuthorMessage

Knuckles

443. Posted:

@uel @Kody Thanks, I forgot that they didn't release the Bi-Monthly at the beginning of the month. :P I guess I started thinking of the NP printing schedule. :P

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery
8 Bit Forward
eShop Gurus
The 7 Emeralds are the servers. Chaos is power, enriched by the heart. The controller serves to unify the chaos. -Tikal

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux27

AuthorMessage

needler420

444. Posted:

I was interested till I saw the prices. NP used to be a $5.99 magazine on newsstands. This new fan magazine I see cost almost $20 per issue.

I can get a two year subscription to gameinformer through gamestop for $25. No content they publish is worth the price they are asking. I believe it's going to be a very short lived fan magazine.

needler420

Twitter: needler420

AuthorMessage

Birdman

445. Posted:

needler420 wrote:

I was interested till I saw the prices. NP used to be a $5.99 magazine on newsstands. This new fan magazine I see cost almost $20 per issue.

I can get a two year subscription to gameinformer through gamestop for $25. No content they publish is worth the price they are asking. I believe it's going to be a very short lived fan magazine.

The $20 an issue is only if you backorder via MagCloud; check here for various subscription packages, including a $25 4-issue print sub.

As for the price disparity between NF and GI I know you'll bring up if you claim the price is still too high on the various subs, it's quantity vs. quality. GI may come out more frequently and at a lower price per issue, but they're able to do so because of their use of ad revenue (NF is 100% ad-free, so they can't use that to push lower costs onto the consumer) and their partnership with GameStop, which is about the only reason why I can believe they're the 3rd most circulated magazine in the US. Additionally, GI's content envelops all major gaming platforms, which dilutes the quality of writing in each area (take what they write about Nintendo and what they could write about Nintendo for one example); NF's specialization and recruitment of Nintendo-focused writers makes for higher quality writings you may read through more than once. Ultimately, you get what you pay for; if you think quantity trumps quality, that's your deal. I'd rather read/play fewer, but of better quality things than gorging on everything I can pay for.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

446. Posted:

the cover art for issue 4 is up. it's really cute.

perhaps more importantly, it reminded me that i never did get my copy of issue 3. i just left them a message, hopefully i'll have word on my missing issue soon. :(

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Emaan

447. Posted:

Here it is:
It looks so good :*

Untitled

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

448. Posted:

@Emaan....:O My favorite video game on the cover...:*

Edited on by Dark-Luigi

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

PuzzleMaster7

449. Posted:

Besides the content that is in each issue, the cover art alone is quite magnificent to say the least. Also, Mario and Luigi : Dream Team will be the fourth 3DS game to be featured on a cover, so I'd be surprised if the next issue didn't have a Wii U game on the front.

3DS Friend Code: 4055-4399-6605 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePuzzleMaster7 | Twitter: PuzzleMaster7

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

450. Posted:

Going to pick up the first three digitally and get a subscription to start with #7.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

PuzzleMaster7

451. Posted:

Issue #4 is finally coming to it's final touches, so it will not be too much longer until it's released. Also, NF is still looking for "letters," so send them through inbox@nintendoforcemagazine.com.

As far as the future holds, game guides will appear not too far down the road. Finally, as far as NF becoming monthly, NF responded to a comment saying, "We're sticking with bi-monthly at least through the end of this year, but we'll see where things stand when the calendar flips to 2014."

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

452. Posted:

@Kody: hey, who do i talk to about my missing issue? my comment got a couple likes, but that was about it. i've checked their site and facebook, but i'm not sure how best to get hold of them about this. :/

BEST THREAD EVER
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

453. Posted:

Why did they change the name to just NF?

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

PuzzleMaster7

454. Posted:

@theblackdragon The easiest way to contact NF would be by sending them an e-mail through subscriptions@nintendoforcemagazine.com or by contacting Lucas M. Thomas.

@Tasuki Nintendo had asked the team to change it because the name looked too similar to Nintendo Power.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

455. Posted:

AH. Must have missed that.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

PuzzleMaster7

456. Posted:

@Tasuki If you want to go back and read the full story, it was at the very back of issue #2.

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

457. Posted:

@Kody: Thank you :3

BEST THREAD EVER

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

458. Posted:

Update:

I e-mailed them the afternoon of the 14th as directed by Kody. As of a couple days ago (the 23rd), since I hadn't had any contact from the e-mail you had me get in touch with, Kody, i left them a message on the NF facebook page regarding my lack of receiving issue #3 after seeing someone else had commented on their then-most-recent post saying they also hadn't received their copy of #3. It was there, I know for a fact it posted successfully, and I just checked again today to see if there had been any response... nothing. My comment has mysteriously disappeared, and I also can't find the other comment that had been left by the other person saying they hadn't received their issue #3.

No e-mail contact, no reply via Facebook, no message in my FB inbox about my deleted comment, nothing. Someone else posting on their FB got a nice response, but I haven't even gotten a 'hey, we're looking into the problem for you, give us some time please' or 'i'm sorry, our records show that your copy was delivered successfully' which, though frustrating because i'll have to shell out for another copy, would still have been better than being ignored completely.

I'm very disappointed in how this is panning out. At this point, I have no idea whether or not I'll actually receive my copy of issue #4. i'd love to be pleasantly surprised, but i'm not holding my breath, and until they get their stuff together, in no way will i be recommending them to anyone — at least not via subscription. MagCloud delivered issue#1 promptly, and i'm sure they've got a more robust customer service department than NF's if something goes wrong. :/

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER

AuthorMessage

ogo79

459. Posted:

no bueno

ceo of the rare downloads program-"spend yer money on us"
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Knuckles

460. Posted:

@tbd Thats very weird.

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery
8 Bit Forward
eShop Gurus
The 7 Emeralds are the servers. Chaos is power, enriched by the heart. The controller serves to unify the chaos. -Tikal

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux27