General Discussion Forum

Topic: NF Magazine

Showing 461 to 480 of 520

AuthorMessage

PuzzleMaster7

461. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

Update:

I e-mailed them the afternoon of the 14th as directed by Kody. As of a couple days ago (the 23rd), since I hadn't had any contact from the e-mail you had me get in touch with, Kody, i left them a message on the NF facebook page regarding my lack of receiving issue #3 after seeing someone else had commented on their then-most-recent post saying they also hadn't received their copy of #3. It was there, I know for a fact it posted successfully, and I just checked again today to see if there had been any response... nothing. My comment has mysteriously disappeared, and I also can't find the other comment that had been left by the other person saying they hadn't received their issue #3.

No e-mail contact, no reply via Facebook, no message in my FB inbox about my deleted comment, nothing. Someone else posting on their FB got a nice response, but I haven't even gotten a 'hey, we're looking into the problem for you, give us some time please' or 'i'm sorry, our records show that your copy was delivered successfully' which, though frustrating because i'll have to shell out for another copy, would still have been better than being ignored completely.

I'm very disappointed in how this is panning out. At this point, I have no idea whether or not I'll actually receive my copy of issue #4. i'd love to be pleasantly surprised, but i'm not holding my breath, and until they get their stuff together, in no way will i be recommending them to anyone — at least not via subscription. MagCloud delivered issue#1 promptly, and i'm sure they've got a more robust customer service department than NF's if something goes wrong. :/

That is very unfortunate, and I'd understand that anybody would be upset about this. In hope of resolving this problem, I tweeted to them saying the following:

"[@]NintendoForce As ambassador of this magazine, I just want to report to you that [@]theblackdragon still hasn't received issue #3."

If they do not contact you within the next day, by tweet or direct message, I'd try sending them another e-mail through lucasmthomas@nintendoforcemagazine.com (I just found out about this e-mail address so sorry for not posting it earlier.)
Once again, I'm sorry for your inconvience, and I hope you get it soon.

@RType88 Do you think you could help us out?

Edited on by PuzzleMaster7

There is no puzzle without a solution!

3DS Friend Code: 4055-4399-6605 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePuzzleMaster7 | Twitter: PuzzleMaster7

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

462. Posted:

@kody: no, they're not. the missing comments were wall posts, since i knew that having posted that comment on the 10th had gotten me nowhere; that was why i'd asked for an official method of contact (e-mail address). and thanks for trying, i'll keep you updated.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

RType88

463. Posted:

Done and done.

We're not at all in the habit of curating wall posts, theblackdragon, so I do apologise if yours has (for some reason) disappeared from our page. I've brought this to the attention of our editor, and hopefully we'll have a resolution for you shortly. Again, please keep an eye on your inbox, and your Spam folder just in case. My sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused.

RType88

3DS Friend Code: 1118-0334-6460 | Nintendo Network ID: RType88 | Twitter: RType88

AuthorMessage

eviLaTtenDant

464. Posted:

Seems like i can stop thinking „No F***ing Magazine“ when i hear „NF Magazine“ now. :)

Number 2? Says who? >=o]

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

465. Posted:

@RType88: I did indeed receive a reply to the e-mail I'd sent on the 14th this very morning. Thank you! :3

BEST THREAD EVER
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Birdman

466. Posted:

Just received my copy of Issue #4 in the mail. Can't wait to dig into it!

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

PuzzleMaster7

467. Posted:

My issue arrived in the mail yesterday, but I haven't read any of it yet. However, once I finally put down Animal Crossing, then it's reading time!

3DS Friend Code: 4055-4399-6605 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePuzzleMaster7 | Twitter: PuzzleMaster7

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

468. Posted:

I keep meaning to post here — I received my copy of Issue #3 a few days ago, and the very next day I had my copy of #4 in the mail. I still haven't quite had time to dig into either, but I plan to do so tonight. :3

BEST THREAD EVER

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

469. Posted:

@theblackdragon: Glad to hear that you got everything fixed. Just out of curiosity couldn't you just have contact @Corbs and get it straightened out a lot quicker?

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

470. Posted:

@Tasuki: Why would I have gone through Corbs? He's a writer, he's not responsible for subscriptions and shipping mistakes. That'd be like someone asking me to fix an inaccuracy in a news article — i have no control over that sort of thing, there's nothing I can do but recommend they get in touch with the appropriate person.

BEST THREAD EVER

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

471. Posted:

@theblackdragon: Oh my bad I thought he was more there than just a writer. Yeah in that case I can see where you are coming from. My apologies.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

HeroOfCybertron

472. Posted:

Just got issue 4 today.

Nintendo Network ID: MegaManPrime
Bah-Weep-Graaaaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong

AuthorMessage

PuzzleMaster7

473. Posted:

Issue # 5's cover was finally revealed today featuring exclusive Pokemon X and Y artwork.

Untitled

Plus, there will also be a giveaway.

NF wrote:

"As for the Nintendo 2DS Giveaway, you'll earn a chance to win with every purchase made in the month of September! That means new customers get a chance at scoring a free game system for joining the Force, and our existing subscribers can earn chances too by making purchases for friends, grabbing extra copies of the upcoming Issue #5 or adding on things like the "Get Caught Up" bundle or digital upgrade option for print subscribers. :) For every 100 orders that come in during September, we'll give away another 2DS! So your odds are never going to be worse than a 1-in-100 shot. :)"

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

474. Posted:

So... NF has decided to once again insult my magnificent Dunsparce?
THIS
MEANS

WAR

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

ueI

475. Posted:

I received issue #5 yesterday as well. I wonder if dunsparce is the new mutant squirrel? Nintendo Force really pulled out all the stops with their cover story. I wasn't planning to renew my subscription at 3x the price of Nintendo Power, but I think I will if I continue to see such large improvements from issue to issue. Matthew's review for Earthbound is so fantastic, I wonder if he's capable of selling me anything? Unfortunately his glowing review is counterbalanced by a far more critical one found within the same issue. I noticed an advertisement in the magazine.

Droggeljug

AuthorMessage

MasterChordles

476. Posted:

I cannot believe the score they gave Rayman Legends -_-

What the what?
"The pain goes away, but your work always remains." - Masahiro Sakurai
Miiverse page: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/GigaBlizzard
Nintendo network ID: GigaBlizzard

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

477. Posted:

I just got issue #5...which is weird because i still haven't gotten #4 but Lucas was nice enough to give me a free digital copy along with a promised #4 in the mail :)

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

478. Posted:

MasterChordles wrote:

I cannot believe the score they gave Rayman Legends -_-

I for one am happy there are at least some reviews that are bothered by the series's flaws.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

ueI

479. Posted:

I've since read more of issue #5. I think some parts are overenthusiastic, as the writers praise every single Pokemon game they mention and paint them as pictures of excellence. There are also some distracting typos, including articles that end without periods. The most conspicuous example is in the Super Mario Busters 2 story; the final sentence is not even complete.

Does Nintendo Force have an email address for news tips?

Edited on by ueI

Droggeljug

AuthorMessage

PuzzleMaster7

480. Posted:

I received my issue yesterday, but I haven't read any of it yet. Once again, Animal Crossing got in my way.

@uel I also noticed a few typos in issue #4. For example, somewhere in the issue there was the word "effected" that should have been "affected." Finally, inbox@nintendoforcemagazine.com is probably the best to use in your case.