Forums

Topic: NF Magazine

Posts 421 to 440 of 518

PuzzleMaster7

Knuckles wrote:

@KodyWB-98 We can give you a little slack, since you are "on vacation". Too bad it isn't all expense paid since you are the official "Ambassador"

Who's saying it's not all expensives paid?

There is no puzzle without a solution!

3DS Friend Code: 4055-4399-6605 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePuzzleMaster7

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Hey friends!

I've been thinking about getting this since my beloved Nintendo Power was shut down. Do you think that it is worth the somewhat high price for only 4 issues? Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Ghost Vacuum Inventor

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

PuzzleMaster7

@Prof_Elvin_Gadd This magaizne is definitely well woth the price. Everything down the comics to the reviews resemble those of Nintendo Power. I know that the price is a little steep due to print on demand, but if you really want to keep updated and receive exclusives, then I'd reccomend subscribing.

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

@KodyWB-98 Thanks for the response friend. I've been keeping on eye on the magazine since it was created and really hope it booms into a monthly issue format. I suppose the only way to help make that a reality is to throw my money at you. I'll be joining the Nintendo Force!

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Lunapplebloom

I still have no issue in the mail. Can't wait to get my hands on it though.

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

Birdman

Got mine last night. Can't wait to dig into it more, but I'm about to get Denpa Men 2, so ... maybe not.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

ueI

Issue #3 has a fake movie poster for a Super Mario Bros. 2 movie. Can anybody with the issue identify the guy in the center background?

Droggeljug

the_shpydar

ueI wrote:

Issue #3 has a fake movie poster for a Super Mario Bros. 2 movie. Can anybody with the issue identify the guy in the center background?

I believe it's supposed to be a version of Wart, if he were played by actor Timothy Spall.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

ueI

That looks about as much like Wart as Mario does.

Droggeljug

suburban_sensei

I just recently heard about this on GoNintendo. $25 seems like a lot, but for the quality you are getting from those bright minds, I think it'll be worth it. Looks like next paycheck I may become a subscriber. If I had an iPad or Kindle Fire (only have the original Kindle) i'd maybe go digital, but it looks like i'll just get physical instead.

Nintendo ID / PSN ID: Suburban_Sensei
3DS Friend Code:3239-5626-6674

Currently playing:
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse / Hyrule Warriors / Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)
Super Smash Bros. / LoZ: Majoras Mask 3D / Kirby...

the_shpydar

ueI wrote:

That looks about as much like Wart as Mario does.

Agreed. But I think that's the point — Dennis Hopper didn't look anything like Bowser in the original movie, either.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

PuzzleMaster7

At long last, the Apple Newsstand app for NF has arrived. For more details, click the link here.

Also, there is a possibility that Crossing Guardian from Nintendo Power may return, now that New Leaf is out.
Finally, here's an AC:NL qr code of the NF logo made by no other than @RType88 himself.

Untitled

Edited on by PuzzleMaster7

ueI

Ooh. Despite not playing Animal Crossing, I liked the Crossing Guardian.

Droggeljug

ueI

I doubt it. They haven't revealed any information on issue #4.

Droggeljug

PuzzleMaster7

Knuckles wrote:

Has anyone got their Print Copy of Issue 4?

Since the cover art for issue #4 hasn't even been revealed yet, I wouldn't expect it to be out until another 1-2 weeks time.
Generally, each issue will be released sometime in the middle of every other month.

Edited on by PuzzleMaster7

needler420

I was interested till I saw the prices. NP used to be a $5.99 magazine on newsstands. This new fan magazine I see cost almost $20 per issue.

I can get a two year subscription to gameinformer through gamestop for $25. No content they publish is worth the price they are asking. I believe it's going to be a very short lived fan magazine.

needler420

Twitter:

Birdman

needler420 wrote:

I was interested till I saw the prices. NP used to be a $5.99 magazine on newsstands. This new fan magazine I see cost almost $20 per issue.

I can get a two year subscription to gameinformer through gamestop for $25. No content they publish is worth the price they are asking. I believe it's going to be a very short lived fan magazine.

The $20 an issue is only if you backorder via MagCloud; check here for various subscription packages, including a $25 4-issue print sub.

As for the price disparity between NF and GI I know you'll bring up if you claim the price is still too high on the various subs, it's quantity vs. quality. GI may come out more frequently and at a lower price per issue, but they're able to do so because of their use of ad revenue (NF is 100% ad-free, so they can't use that to push lower costs onto the consumer) and their partnership with GameStop, which is about the only reason why I can believe they're the 3rd most circulated magazine in the US. Additionally, GI's content envelops all major gaming platforms, which dilutes the quality of writing in each area (take what they write about Nintendo and what they could write about Nintendo for one example); NF's specialization and recruitment of Nintendo-focused writers makes for higher quality writings you may read through more than once. Ultimately, you get what you pay for; if you think quantity trumps quality, that's your deal. I'd rather read/play fewer, but of better quality things than gorging on everything I can pay for.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

theblackdragon

the cover art for issue 4 is up. it's really cute.

perhaps more importantly, it reminded me that i never did get my copy of issue 3. i just left them a message, hopefully i'll have word on my missing issue soon.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.