Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 7,101 to 7,120 of 14,348

GuardianKing

@Wildvine53 I never said Twilight was submissive. There's just something about her that doesn't click with me. As for Fluttershy in putting your hoof down, I guess I just love it when a character changes suddenly, especially of its for sake of "revenge".

Again, I acknowledge my point of view is messed up.

Edited on by GuardianKing

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

Wildvine53

@ZeroX sorry I misread you're post. Your opinion is your opinion, just because it's a little different doesn't make it weird.

@Revolver It's weird how much I missed your throw up. lol

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

MasterGraveheart

Welcome back, Tare! Welcome back, Squiggie!

MY favorite ponies... well, it's no secret that I have a lot of love for Applejack. Fluttershy was my favorite for a while before I saw some more of Applejack's epicness, both in action and in character, so now I nestle Fluttershy into a cozy 2nd behind our favorite farmfilly. She's just adorable without being a stereotype and a genuine character.

Third place is much more competitive between Rarity and Pinkie Pie. While I do love the random comedy and happy-inducing nature of Pinkie Pie, again, go back to character. Rarity's got quite the intriguing character and truly is the element of generosity, in my eyes. While it's an unendingly close race, I definately slot Rarity in third place with Pinkie Pie close behind at #4.

Twilight Sparkle fits in at #5 with no competition from the sixth spot, but probably isn't going to challenge Pinkie Pie for #4 any time soon. It's not that I dislike Twilight on any level. I just find more 24/7 enjoyment out of the other four.

And that leaves Rainbow Dash occupying the basement in the #6 spot. I know she's SUPPOSED to be popular, but honestly, I could create a "Rainbow Jerk" montage of some of her worst moments, including...
>Using napping as an excuse not to help Applejack on the farm in "The Ticket Master."
>Didn't apologize to Fluttershy, or credit her, when she made the dragon take off in "Fluttershy."
>Mocked Twilight's skepticism in "Bridle Gossip."
>Used her wings against Applejack in an Earth Pony competition and deliberately cheated (she started it) in "Fall Weather Friends" just so she could win some stupid bragging right.
>Prefered to just take the Buffalo's word for it and joined in on wanting to drive out Applejack's relatives' townsfolk in "Over a Barrel."
>Treated Scootaloo like a garbage can in "Owl's Well That End's Well." Also, my least favorite episode.
>Encouraged smoking in "The Mysterious Mare Do-Well." Okay, I'm joking about this one... ^^;
>Insisted that she was the star in "Hearth's Warming Eve," one of Equestria's most important events.
>Incited a riot with Caramel against Applejack in "Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000." And yes, I know, she joined in on helping later, but it's still a rotten thing to do for the "Element of Loyalty."
>Pretty much was the driving force in Spike's angst in "Dragon Quest."

Now, Rainbow Dash HAS had major redemption in my book with episodes like Sonic Rainboom, The Last Roundup, and Hurricane Fluttershy, but, I'm sorry, as the Element of Loyalty, I'd expect her to be a lot less confrontational with the ponies she calls her friends. Also, I have to kind of agree with Gilda. She is a bit of a flip-flop. Most noticeably, was the contrast between Applebuck Season and Fall Weather Friends. First, she calls Applejack the best athlete, then insists she is for seemingly no warranted reason. Ego or not, I'd expect Rainbow Dash to be headstrong about her opinions and, as the Element of Loyalty, not be confrontational with her friends over something so trivial.

Now, to dispel misconceptions. I actually DO LIKE Rainbow Dash. A lot, really. In fact, I consider the Mane 6, as well as the rest of the cast as perhaps the most likable and enjoyable cast of ANY TV show. I can't begin to tell you how many shows I've watched over the years that as much as I've liked them, there's always been one or two characters whom I couldn't stand and would cringe when they had larger roles. I don't have that with My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. Yes, I do have more complaints about Rainbow Dash's character, but she's contrasted so well in the show that it actually works very well.

But I still call her #6 on my list of the Mane 6. ^^;

Edited on by MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter:

CorporalPegasus

Welcome to ze herd, @mrgameluvr! Ill add you on 3DS, ill throw my FC here later.
Obviously, Rainbow Dash is best pony.

@Mastergraveheart The whole settler thing was more Spike's and Pinkie's fault.
And yes, i don't get how a lot of bronies are extremely harsh on every moment RD's a jerk, while Rarity spend an entire episode forgetting and abonding her friends for canterlot shmoyalty and got rewarded for it.

Edited on by CorporalPegasus

IGOR!

Lunapplebloom

Brace yourself, Massive wall of text incoming.
Wow this place exploded while I was gone. I love it when we get this much action. To much to comment on so pick and choose I guess.

Howdy @MrGameluvr Welcome to the herd and such. Nice to meet you. I hope your stay is a happy one. I'll add you in a bit, My code is in my signature. Btw, how did you come upon our humble abode?

@Blue_Ace I think you missed @Shpyder, but that's alright, he hasn't said much lately. And also @Sylverstone, And maybe @RevolverFlare which btw...

@RevolverFlare whatever happened to eating Parasprites, but I like your new one anyways. Glad to see you again.

@Wildvine53 Nice avatar. I loved Ravens multi personality in that mirror thing. That episode was hilarious. Nice finds for all those Disney ones, My favorite being the tangled one. I'm such a fan of there animation, and to see those ponyfied is great. Thank you.

@Shadow100 Nice find for that Teen Titans one. Was just thinking about seeing different DC characters as ponies and you fulfilled it. Thank you.

@Tare Nice to see you around here again. Nice find on the cupcakes one, though I don't think I get it fully. Unless it is referencing to the Cupcakes story, which I never read.

@ZeroX still haven't read your original. I will try to as soon as I can. Btw, I know some of those characters, but only because of Kingdom Hearts. Nice Zero Pony.

@MasterGraveheart Nice favorite pony observation. Most of what you say is what I agree on, though I think your a little harsh on Rainbow Dash, but anyways.

My favorite is what is in my username, followed closely by Rarity And everybody else. I like Applejack and Rarity being exact opposites, and episodes focusing on that are some of the ones I like the most.

Edited on by Lunapplebloom

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

Lunapplebloom

@Blue_Ace Hey there is no need to be sorry. Just doing my duty as a Brony of the forum is all. I probably forgot someone too maybe... Oh yeah, There was also @Pew. Don't know whatever happened to him. I wonder what he is up to?

Previously Applejacklove

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

Lunapplebloom

@Blue_Ace More than likely. I think that makes up everybody, though I stand to be corrected most likely.

Previously Applejacklove

Macattack

Now I could say-
Howdy, @MrGameluvr, and welcome to the herd! It's always nice to meet a new member. My name's Ben, but I got my username from MLP's best character, Big Macintosh. I hope we can add each other's FC's sometime.
-but I won't, because I'm not a brony.

I believe I once cluttered the forum with this info before, but my top 3 favorite ponies from the "featured" six are-
#1 Pinkie Pie - She is awesome because of her random, sometimes quite insane, Looney Tunes behavior. It's been too long since a cartoon character made me laugh as much as Daffy Duck has. xD But even when you strip away all those comedic moments, at it's core, Pinkie's personality still reflects that of a caring and supportive person; Someone who will always do what he/she can to help out.
#2 Applejack - Mostly because she's a lot like her big brother. I do like her "country girl" moments and the fact that she represents honesty.
#3 (a tie between all the others) - I kinda enjoy Rainbow Dash's jerk behavior though... and Fluttershy's totally weak/lame/pathetic moments. xD

Aqueous wrote:

@Big_Mac - Please remind me, when, things are growing crazy, I mean I already missed a day or two here

Of course I will. ^^; Thanks, Aqueous

@RevolverFace: Awesome thow-up! xD I love how 'you' act in the comics.

I'm 19.

Edited on by Macattack

"Bye squiggleTail. You were like an online pony father to me or something." - Retro-on-theGo

MasterGraveheart

Yeah, I'm probably way too harsh on Rainbow Dash. Maybe it's because she rubs my favorite pony the wrong way or I'm holding too much of her Rainbow Jerk moments against her. But like I emphasized in the end. I actually DO like Rainbow Dash. ^^;

Untitled

Anyway, that's it for me. New MLP tomorrow!

Untitled

Sorry... no good sleepy pic tonight... ^^;

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter:

Lunapplebloom

Goodnight @Blue_Ace and @MasterGraveheart! Sleep well.

@Big_Mac So you still won't give in will you? Don't make me put that video up again. Oh wait, I already have.
[youtube:bsOc8Il9Sic]

I just had to do that for him. And hooray for new episode. I can't wait to see what those crusaders get up to.

Edited on by Lunapplebloom

Previously Applejacklove

Macattack

@Blue_Ace: Epic avatar. I don't think I've ever seen that picture of Pinkie's face... It might be 20% less cooler, but hey, it's Pinkie Pie. 'Nuff said.

ZeroX wrote:

Oh crap no...
Untitled

i'm sorry, but why post this pic at all then? ^^; I find it a little sick/revolting... (a little like how I felt while reading "Cupcakes") How come with every fandom, there has to be a group of people who support this is kind of thing? xD

@Applejacklove: You mean you still won't give in. lol I'll never be turned to the Dark Side. I may hang out with Siths, eat at the same table as Siths, even study the way of the Sith, but that doesn't make me a Sith.

"Bye squiggleTail. You were like an online pony father to me or something." - Retro-on-theGo

hailsanta

these new looking my little ponies are very strange

when the going gets tough, and the stomach acids flow.....

JustAnotherUser

@MrGameluvr Welcome to the heard! I've added you. My friend code is 3909-7500-2590.
@hailsanta These mighty fine ponies are wanting to meet you, will you meet them?

JustAnotherUser

Wildvine53

@MasterGraveHeart I completely agree with you on Rainbow Dashes attitude, she can be awful at times.

@AppleJackLove I was rewatching Teen Titans and that episode came on, I thought the emoticlones would be perfect avatars. Disney's done some awesome animation, and I felt that Maximus deserved some recognition. I think he's the only horse to have an important role in a Disney film,but I could be wrong about that.

@CorporalPegasus I added you back

@Hailsanta They may look different from other ponies, but they are the best ponies around!

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

TeeJay

Big_Mac wrote:

Now I could say-
Howdy, @MrGameluvr, and welcome to the herd! It's always nice to meet a new member. My name's Ben, but I got my username from MLP's best character, Big Macintosh. I hope we can add each other's FC's sometime.
-but I won't, because I'm not a brony.

I can't tell if you're still truly in denial or if you're just poking fun at the fact that you were.

Anyway...

• The Revolver Project was cancelled?
  • MLP trading cards?

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

MrGameluvr

Greetings and bienvenue, I am your host, MrGameluvr.

Hello everyone! I am new to the herd (just joined the thread yesterday) and it it a pleasure to meet all of you! I've added everyone from the last page and I just need Big_Mac and TeeJay to register me.

(Cookies for anyone who gets the reference in the first line)

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7646-0932.
Nintendo Network ID: MrGameluvr92

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.