Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 13,321 to 13,340 of 14,348

Lunapplebloom

@Aqueous @Twilight_Crow and @CorporalPegasus Thank you guys. It was a good day, which actually turned out to be better than I expected. And to top it off, I got MLP card packs from my brother.

@Gioku Well your artistic skill deserves praise. And nice video there. Though I had a hard time figuring out exactly what went down at times, it was an enjoyable romp. I also am a fan of stop motion animation, so you got me there. And I liked the ending with Rainbow Dash.

@Discostew Pure genius. And thanks for the RP move. I'll have to put my RP move in there, but as it was I who moved last before you, I'll give others a chance to move first.

Some may say that it is Luna who holds the special place in my heart. Others may say that it's Applebloom that sits at the cream of the crop (and they'd be close. She'll always be best Crusader and second best pony in my eyes.) Applejack will always be the apple of my eye though for her honesty and dignity. And no one can deny her awesome cowgirl hat. (still waiting on the toy/plushie that finally has it Hasbro... )

And I would like to share with you all the finally finished animation of Don't Mine at Night from Jan Animations while we wait for the next episode to air.

I really do like the childhood crush pairing of Button and Sweetie Belle.

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

Ralizah

Gioku wrote:

Let's see... if y'all don't mind, let's go around and say which pony is your favorite! ...I think I've got a pretty good idea of most of you guys' favorites, but I guess I'll see!

Untitled

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Ralizah

Probably my least favorite episode of the season so far. I do like obsessed fangirl Rainbow Dash, though.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

TsunamiSensei

I'm waiting for winter break to watch S4, so my only activity on this thread until after Christmas will be the WD.

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

sugarpixel

Ralizah wrote:

Probably my least favorite episode of the season so far. I do like obsessed fangirl Rainbow Dash, though.

Really? I loved this episode so much!
In contrast, this was my favorite episode so far...
...I'll go into more detail later.

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Discostew

Just finished watching Episode 4. To be honest, I didn't really care for it.

It could be because the entirety of Daring Do was actually real (in relation to Equestria) and the events in the books actually took place rather than just being stories from the imagination. I mean, sure, it can happen, but it just seemed so.....out there. Or, it could be the compulsive fangirl attitude of Rainbow Dash that was seen throughout most of the episode. Or, maybe even that the focus of where the moral of the episode was heading to shifted mid-viewing, abandoning the one it looked to start with and ended with a different one. It just seemed to jump around a lot of the time. All in all, it seemed the episode was focused on pushing a character/scene out into the spotlight rather than developing a balanced and structured episode. It didn't even seem to have much of a 'fun' element like Castle Mane-ia did. I just hope the Rarity episode doesn't fall prey to the same kind of misdirection, lest we see raging across the internet from those having waited years.

So, those are my thoughts on the episode, and right now, it ranks as last place for this season.

It was also missing Discord.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

sugarpixel

I guess I'll use the spoiler tag, even though the episode is officially out... I just get worried that no one will read what I put in it!
Anyway, I'm surprised at the negative response to this episode! It's actually my favorite so far this season~ my thoughts below:

I thought that episode was a lot of fun! It introduced some new characters, for one, which I always enjoy. And at the beginning Rainbow Dash and her counting down the days reminded me of me when I was counting down to Pokémon X & Y, lol. And I may be slightly biased about the episode, though, because I absolutely love James Bond/Indiana Jones/Six Million Dollar Man type stories like this one was (they had the Wilhelm Scream in there, too! I love it when they use that! )! They got all the tropes exactly... the bad guys who attack one at a time, the crazy trap, etc... and applied the MLP spin on it! I liked the villain, too. I can't remember his name, unfortunately, but he was pretty epic. And... I suppose it's a good thing they prevented "800 years of blistering heat"... 0_o All in all, I liked it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Twilight_Crow

Happy Weekend Everypony! Stuff to do tonight, so early post.

Bland new episode this week. I wouldn't call it bad but with Polsky you never know what to expect; this time he wasn't good at putting a focused plot together, but oh my he always knows slapstick and action alright. I loved the action scenes, the full fleshed adventure tropes and the music but the plot was poor and a bit too random. Agree with @Dicostew:

Daring Do being real was too much out there, it could have been treated better.

But I need to see it a couple more times before giving some deeper thoughts, so expect them during the week as usual.

@Gioku The name is Ahuizotl, one very well designed villain indeed, interesting in a very creepy way.

FoTW

So, you want adventure and lost temples this week, eh? ok. Tonight the ==Fic of The Week== presents:
The Celestia Code by iisaw
[On Fimfiction Adventure Incomplete Teen]
Princess Twilight Sparkle has discovered a centuries-old mystery hidden in the Royal Archives. Just like in a Daring Do novel It all begins with a hidden manuscript, and Twilight soon acquires a plucky sidekick and travel to a foreign and exotic land. But Daring Twilight begins to suspect that the adventurous path she's on through layer after layer of deception, is leading to a secret of world-shaking proportions; a secret she desperately doesn't want to discover.

Indeed a classic adventure filled with mystery, danger and an OP Twilight. Very entertaining. Twilight's new sidekick, Jigsaw the archeologist, is a very well fleshed out and helpful character, and their friendshipping and subtle romance is a great part of the adventure. Join Twilight and her new friend as they dig up the mystery of an ancient civilization that for some reason looked at Celestia as a tyrant (the nerve!) and was mysteriously conformed by only unicorns (seriously, what was with those racist guys?). She will solve puzzles, fight changelings and traps, and be her old neurotic self.
Very good writing.

And, Trixie scepter!

Untitled

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

Aqueous

Oh right new episode day.... hurray for spoilers being blocked.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

CorporalPegasus

So i really liked the last episode, but not sure where to rank it yet. Its not one of the best but it certainly isn't a bad episode either. Just a bit too much "wat" twists and misguided in a few ways. Also for some weird reason spoiler tags dont work anymore for me. Weird.

Also: Ponies: The Anthology III! rejoice!

Edited on by CorporalPegasus

IGOR!

TsunamiSensei

With the fanbase freaking out over the start of S4, Derpy art has come to a halt. The WD should return next week.

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

sugarpixel

@The-Wind-Pikpik: As far as I can tell, it's been replaced with Twilight's Scepter, lol.

Anyway, I need to try my hand at drawing some ponies sometime... I can draw the Equestria Girls version of them just fine, because I'm great at drawing people (cartoon or otherwise), but I'm not so good at drawing animals... horses in particular are hard for me... so I'd like to see if I can draw ponies. I have the day off from school tomorrow, maybe I'll break out Colors! 3D and see if I can draw Fluttershy.
...and I'll post it here and you all may pass judgement on my pony art.

Aqueous

Mwhahahaha, I beat it twice (Different ways), have fun.
Untitled
(Warning: Is a Crashmo not a Pushmo like the past times pony puzzles have been posted)

Edited on by Aqueous

Lunapplebloom

Well this episode was something else. I wasn't quite expecting what I had witnessed... There shouldn't be any problems now, but I'll put spoilers just to be safe. For the most part, I agree with @Twilight_Crow and @Discostew.

The weeks leading up to this, I saw a few images of clips from the episodes yet to air in a hub commercial. I saw Daring Doo in one, Because of the commercial, I saw something which made me assume this would be an episode where Rainbow Dash would somehow be magically transported into the newest Daring Doo book. I thought to myself "That could be interesting," and never thought about it again till I was going to see this episode.

First off is that I really do like the episode for what it does. Daring Doo has always been an interesting fictional character in the pony universe to me since her debut in 'Read it and Weep'. It probably has to do with the fact that I like Indiana Jones alot, and that is of course the character I always think of when I see her. But the problem I have with the episode lies in what I had said in the previous sentence. She was fictional... Not a real pony taking down Ahuizotl's plans and other shady characters.while making sure the archaeological find stays out of the wrong hands. To me, it just doesn't mix well to have her suddenly become real.

Then there is whole thing that nobody even knew that Daring Doo was real. Surely after some of her adventures word would get around from someponies seeing her. That, and I thought Celestia was the one who controlled the sun, and not some ancient Temple with rings? Though maybe the temple somehow would have made an unbreakable Magic Barrier so Celestia couldn't move it. And speaking of Celestia, wouldn't she know about Ahuizotl trying to take her sun out her magical grasp, and even before that? Though I guess a... whatever he is , could lie low and stay under Celestia's and Luna's kingdom monitoring radar, but that still seems to be a bit of a stretch to me.

Besides those niggles I thoroughly loved everything else about the episode.. The humor was great, the music hit the sweet spot for me, and the action/adventure feeling like from Indiana Jones, and other such similar films, was spot on. I just wish they would have done the overall story differently to avoid it feeling to far fetched for actually happening in Equestria.

@The-Wind-Pikpik Aww... I was looking forward to it. You do what you've gotta do though, and I look forward to more in the future.

@Gioku I hope you do draw some ponies.

@Aqueous I'll need to break out Crashmo to play that then. It looks rather fun, and nice pixel art btw.

@CorporalPegasus Most of that was pretty cool, with my favorite being the Toy Story 2 edit.

@Twilight_Crow lol Trixie must always try to best Twilight someway, even if it's just a silly faced scepter. Cool looking story though. If it's more mysterious adventure, I'm game for that.

Edited on by Lunapplebloom

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

Aqueous

@Lunapplebloom - Thank you. Good luck it takes a long time but makes me sad as the puzzle makes Twilight fall to pieces.

Discostew

@Lunapplebloom

Your bit about conflicting details regarding Celestia and Ahuizolt was part of what I wanted to convey about my dislike for how the episode turned out, but I couldn't put all my thoughts together. It just really didn't make sense to me. I know we aren't exactly the target audience, but the plot really needed to be more organized. It would have been one thing had it been known that such characters like Daring Do and Ahuizolt were real in Equestria, but nothing from the start of the show to this episode, even with Read It and Weep, marked any indication of that, but that they were fictional. It's like they took the idea and said "Let's just make them real" for the sake of putting out a RainbowDo episode.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

sugarpixel

OK, so there's a Pokémon I'm going to finish training, and then it's on to trying my hand at drawing Fluttershy for the first time! Hopefully she turns out good - drawing animals is not my strong point... hopefully MLP is stylized enough that I can handle it, lol. Anyway, I'll post it here when I'm done and you guys may pass judgement on me.

JustAnotherUser

Time for a quick spoiler free Episode four impression:
I enjoyed it, however I felt something I didn't like about the episode but I'm not sure what it was.
The End.

Anyhow, have some shameless self promotion preview spam:
Untitled

Edited on by JustAnotherUser

JustAnotherUser

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.