Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 681 to 700 of 6,570

Link79

Maybe some don't like fantasy but one movie is an exception.
The movie Willow.
Anybody who doesn't like that one must have terrible taste in movies.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

Magi

Link79 wrote:

...Now I'm trying to collect the whole set. Is that silly or what?...

If I didn't already have them all, I'd wait for the "limited edition blu ray extended collection" if/when one is released.

And yes yes, Willow was such an awesome flick.

Edited on by Magi

Magi

RudysaurusRex

Thor and the other Avenger movies (with the exception of Iron Man 2) were AMAZING. Thor being my favorite. I'm yet to see Cap A. yet, so I'll have to see that soon.

SPREAD THE JOY OF THE GREAT TURTLE
HE IS UPON US AND WILL TAKE US TO THE GREAT WAVE
JOIN THE COURT OF TURTLES AND BE REDEEMED
THE COURT OF TURTLES

3DS Friend Code: 0061-3403-4305 | Nintendo Network ID: AlexTheGrayt | Twitter:

RudysaurusRex

Pandalicious wrote:

Porco Rosso, a Studio Ghibli film about a World War I veteran seaplane-flying pig, is awesome.

I love studio Ghibli. Porco Rosso, Howl's Moving Castle (Howl is voiced by Christian Bale) Tales From Earthsea, and Castle in the Sky are all awesome movies done by Ghibli.

SPREAD THE JOY OF THE GREAT TURTLE
HE IS UPON US AND WILL TAKE US TO THE GREAT WAVE
JOIN THE COURT OF TURTLES AND BE REDEEMED
THE COURT OF TURTLES

3DS Friend Code: 0061-3403-4305 | Nintendo Network ID: AlexTheGrayt | Twitter:

Link79

I was never crazy about Lord of the Rings but they are alright I guess.
I just don't like how they drag on for so long.
Does a movie really need to be three hours long?
Take Titanic for example. All they had to do was hit the Iceberg, Sink and be done with it.
They could have cut 40 minutes out of the whole movie.
I didn't need all that build up with the romance and a bunch of old people talking.
Booorring.

Wii and 3DS ID Link

Tasuki

Link79 wrote:

I was never crazy about Lord of the Rings but they are alright I guess.
I just don't like how they drag on for so long.
Does a movie really need to be three hours long?
Take Titanic for example. All they had to do was hit the Iceberg, Sink and be done with it.
They could have cut 40 minutes out of the whole movie.
I didn't need all that build up with the romance and a bunch of old people talking.
Booorring.

You just saying that because you found it boring. Did Avatar need to be 3 hours long? The could have cut that movie to 40 mins land on the planet fight off that one dude and be done with it. I didnt need all that build up about how he cant use his legs and all that.

As far as Titanic went I think they wanted to show off the ship more and build up to the sinking they wanted to show you that there were real people on it that sort of thing. Almost everyone knows that it hits an iceberg and sinks but they dont know the intricate details up to the sinking such as why did Titanic try to turn and not hit the berg head on, and how could they not see the thing untill it was too late that sort of thing.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Link79

@ Tasuki
I guess I bore easily when it comes to movies. I did somewhat like Titanic. I just thought they were really milking it up until the sinking. That's the best part of the whole movie. If there's not much action in a film and alot of slow pauses in between with talking they start losing my attention. I can watch a talk show for that. Not that I ever would.
I like it better when things are happening. Slow paced movies put me to sleep.

Wii and 3DS ID Link

Tasuki

Link79 wrote:

@ Tasuki
I guess I bore easily when it comes to movies. I did somewhat like Titanic. I just thought they were really milking it up until the sinking. That's the best part of the whole movie. If there's not much action in a film and alot of slow pauses in between with talking they start losing my attention. I can watch a talk show for that. Not that I ever would.
I like it better when things are happening. Slow paced movies put me to sleep.

Ah Np I wasnt busting your chops. To each their own. I guess for me I can look at [the movie] Titanic a different way than most people but than again the Titanic always fascinated me. I remember when they first found the wreckage of the Titanic and reading the National Geographics with my dad. Really the love story in the movie didnt bother me that much but than again I didnt watch if for the love story and wanted to see how accurate James Cameron portrayed the disaster.

My Backlog

the_shpydar

Well, that's the thing about Titanic. The ship itself - beyond the epic ending sequence - was just really a MacGuffin for what was essentially just a tragic love-story drama. If you expected action in the movie, then it would make sense to be disappointed.

And the LotR movies (while it is fair to criticize their length and long stretches of not much going on) did need to be that long, considering Jackson wanted to at least try to be faithful to the books and stories. Heh, though if he did try to really adapt all three books completely, they each would have easily been twice as long, at least.

EDIT: Also, a Captain Planet movie? Aren't they about 20 years late with that one?

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Joetherocker

Titanic: I really didn't give a crap about the romance part. Just give me the boat sinking and be done with it.
"I'll never let you go, Jack! JK, it's cold now. Bye forever!"

Avatar: Skip everything up to them blowing up the tree and I'd be happy. I have Pocahontas for everything else.

Don't touch Lord of the Rings though. I love those movies.

I watched Hunchback of Notre Dame yesterday.

BEST. DISNEY MOVIE. EVER.

Wild signature appeared!

3DS FC: 4270-1110-7770

cheetahman91

It just seems like Hollywood is running out of ideas. We're already getting a Spiderman reboot when the first movie isn't even that old. Then there's all these cartoon reboots like Yogi Bear, the Smurfs (which based after the trailers looks absolutely nothing like the cartoon) and Captain Planet (I'm still trying to figure out why they wanted to revive this one).

Oh yeah, they're making a Battleship movie too. What's next? Minesweeper: The Movie?

Edited on by cheetahman91

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

Tasuki

cheetahman91 wrote:

It just seems like Hollywood is running out of ideas. We're already getting a Spiderman reboot when the first movie isn't even that old. Then there's all these cartoon reboots like Yogi Bear, the Smurfs (which based after the trailers looks absolutely nothing like the cartoon) and Captain Planet (I'm still trying to figure out why they wanted to revive this one).

Oh yeah, they're making a Battleship movie too.

Lol I heard that they were also making a Monopoly movie as well lol. Although I cant say movies based off of a board game isnt a bad idea. I did enjoy Tim Curry in the Clue movie that came out in the 80s.

My Backlog

cheetahman91

I could see Clue working out as a good movie but Battleship and Monopoly? No way.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

Tasuki

cheetahman91 wrote:

I could see Clue working out as a good movie but Battleship and Monopoly? No way.

Clue actually had a good cast Tim Curry, Christopher Lloyd, and Martin Mull just to name a few you can probably find it on Netflix or your local video store. Its actually grown into a cult status over the years.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088930/

My Backlog

Kingbuilder

Swiket wrote:

Oh god, I just saw that Battleship trailer. When the aliens started shooting the little Battleship pegs at the ships, I laughed way too hard.

I was thinking: is this a Metal Gear movie or something? Then it showed it was a movie version of the board game Battleship. I was thoroughly disappointed.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

Odnetnin

cheetahman91 wrote:

Oh yeah, they're making a Battleship movie too. What's next? Minesweeper: The Movie?

Space Invaders and Asteroids currently have feature films in the works, courtesy of the Transformers producer.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Splat

WaveBoy wrote:

And Speaking of CP, the Nes game was freaking terrible!

You take that back...

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic