Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 701 to 720 of 6,555

turtlelink

cheetahman91 wrote:

It just seems like Hollywood is running out of ideas. We're already getting a Spiderman reboot when the first movie isn't even that old. Then there's all these cartoon reboots like Yogi Bear, the Smurfs (which based after the trailers looks absolutely nothing like the cartoon) and Captain Planet (I'm still trying to figure out why they wanted to revive this one).

Oh yeah, they're making a Battleship movie too. What's next? Minesweeper: The Movie?

Apparently Angry Birds.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Joetherocker

I think I can predict the Captain Planet movie's plot:

Planeteers are doing something.
Planeteers spot bad guy doing something bad to the environment.
Planeteers try to beat him.
Planeteers fail.
Planeteers call Captain Planet.
Captain Planet nearly gets killed by the power of litter.
Kid picks litter off of Captain Planet.
Captain Planet wins.
Hokey environmental message.
END.
????
Profit!

Wild signature appeared!

3DS FC: 4270-1110-7770

Splat

Just watched Soul Surfer really enjoyed it.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

RoyalBlur

What's the rating on Conan The Barbarian?

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Mowzle2

I saw the newest Studio Ghibli movie yesterday, which has just been released in the UK.
It's called Arriety and it's an adaptation of a British children's book, The Borrowers by Mary Norton, about tiny people who live under our floorboards and "borrow" our stuff. Two versions have been released in the UK, the original Japanese language one with English subtitles, and a beautifully dubbed version with British actors. It's a fairly free adaptation I think, but it follows the main story line of the book, the music is lovely and it looks gorgeous. It's not epic like Spirited Away and some of the other Studio Ghibli films, but the story is very involving. If you're a bit tired of blockbusters like Captain America and the Green Lantern you could find this a refreshing change. I enjoyed it so much, I just had to let people know!
I've just checked it out on Wikipedia which says it's due for release in the US in February 2012!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrietty
The US dubbing actors are different from the UK ones, though whether that's the reason for the delay, I have no idea.
If you're interested you can find some clips on YouTube of both the movie and the music, which was composed and performed by a French singer, Cecile Corbel.

Edited on by Mowzle2

Still can't think of a better place to kill some time.
Playing Solatorobo and Pokemon White.
Waiting for Animal Crossing 3DS - it's taking forever.

Tasuki

Well just saw another travesty of a movie based off of a video game. This time it was Tekkens turn to get slaughtered on the big screen. First of let me say that as a martial movie its not that bad but the fact that they used the Tekken names ruined it. If they didnt used the Tekken references it would have been good. Its one of those movies that you wonder if the writers and directors ever played the games.

If this movie ever goes to streaming on Netflix I suggest checking it out than but dont waste a rental.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

RoyalBlur

I hope you guys can spot the Navy's newest weapon: Rihanna!
[youtube:qDMXkPfxjOc]

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Tasuki

Terra wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Well just saw another travesty of a movie based off of a video game. This time it was Tekkens turn to get slaughtered on the big screen. First of let me say that as a martial movie its not that bad but the fact that they used the Tekken names ruined it. If they didnt used the Tekken references it would have been good. Its one of those movies that you wonder if the writers and directors ever played the games.

If this movie ever goes to streaming on Netflix I suggest checking it out than but dont waste a rental.

The problem with films based on video games like Tekken is that they are popular because of the gameplay, not the story. I can't think of many good fighters with a decent story to go alongside it, nevermind most action games which get the hollywood treatment.

I dont know the thing that always drew me to Tekken was the story line, but I understand what you are saying. Still it boggles me how these directors and writers can leave such big elementals out of the storyline when they write the screenplay.

My Backlog

GameLord08

Two movies that seem awesome 'nuff to watch: Rise of the Planet of the Apes and The Bad Teacher. Could someone give me the thumbs up or down sign for both?

GameLord08

RudysaurusRex

TokyoRed wrote:

I hope you guys can spot the Navy's newest weapon: Rihanna!
[youtube:qDMXkPfxjOc]

Battleship? Really Hasbro. I got excited thinking 'CONDUIT MOVIE!' Then I saw the title... The coming out of the water looked like that thing from Conduit 2.

SPREAD THE JOY OF THE GREAT TURTLE
HE IS UPON US AND WILL TAKE US TO THE GREAT WAVE
JOIN THE COURT OF TURTLES AND BE REDEEMED
THE COURT OF TURTLES

3DS Friend Code: 0061-3403-4305 | Nintendo Network ID: AlexTheGrayt | Twitter:

Tasuki

Terra wrote:

I get the feeling that half the time, it's simply studios doing a rush job to try and capitalize on the success as quick as possible and throwing in some director who doesn't know what's what about the source material and for the other half of the time, it's Uwe Boll. Well that's the cynical view on the subject anyway.

Yep I know what you are saying again, and thats probably the reason. Since it takes a while to write a script and cast the parts and all that other Hollywood work the directors and other people are probably under the gun from the studios to hurry and make the movie while the game is still popular.

My Backlog

Tasuki

@Terra: Right I can see that. If you take Street Fighter II V for example it was a much more better story than say Street Fighter or even Street FIghter the Legend of Chun Li. It also doesnt help when these movie studios want to cram 5 games worth of storylines into an hour and half movie.

My Backlog

StarBoy91

@GameLord08 -
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Untitled

Haven't seen The Bad Teacher, so I can't comment

To each their own

RoyalBlur

Does anyone know if there is going to be a Rango sequel movie or a television series on Nickelodeon?

We NEED to continue to breath life into WESTERNS! Disney is being begged by Johnny Depp to go forward with The Lone Ranger. We've got The Rolling Western coming to the 3DS and we've got a Rango-esque The Gunstringer coming to XBOX Kinect, plus there is the Cowboy Bounty Hunter in Star Wars The Clone Wars. Let's keep the love flowing!

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Joetherocker

No sequels, no show.

Rango is not going to end up like Shrek.

Wild signature appeared!

3DS FC: 4270-1110-7770

andyutd97

So then guys ... Christmas is coming up any suggestions for my next christmas DVD ?
Currently have ELF, Deck the Halls, Polar Express, Fred Claus, Merry Madagascar - Shrek The Halls (Shorts but still count), The Santa Claus and Disney A Chritmas Carol

andyutd97

andyutd97

So then guys ... Christmas is coming up any suggestions for my next christmas DVD ?
Currently have ELF, Deck the Halls, Polar Express, Fred Claus, Merry Madagascar - Shrek The Halls (Shorts but still count), The Santa Claus and Disney A Chritmas Carol

andyutd97

the_shpydar

andyutd97 wrote:

JINGLE ALL THE WAY!
I absolutely love Jingle All the Way, probably my #1 guilty pleasure movie of all time.

And it probably goes without saying, but A Christmas Story is easily one of the best Christmas movies of all time (every year, i have at least one TV constantly on playing the 24-hour marathon).

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

KarrotMan

andyutd97 wrote:

Watch Gremlins. Not exactly the best example of a Christmas movie for some, but hey, mix up your movie list with something different. This one is worth a look, especially if your into monster flicks. You should also take a look at Tim Burton's Nightmare before Christmas, one of the best Christmas flicks IMO. Other than that, I highly recommend you to watch the Muppets version of the Christmas Carol, which I find better than the Jim Carrey version.

Oh, and since you're also watching shorts, Please watch the animated short Snowman. It really brings that warm feel inside that gets you into the Holiday spirit, and I can't say anything more to spoil you.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic