Forums

Topic: NintendoLife Game Club

Posts 181 to 200 of 371

HolyMackerel

Hey, Cave Story is a great idea! Although I (nearly) finished it not too long ago... that would be the same for most people with the WiiWare version. The DSiWare version is coming out too. I'm not sure I'd like to play it again so soon, even with the recent update. Let's save it for a later session, I think.

We should definitely check out the WiiWare catalogue for old or overlooked games. Maybe Dive: The Medes Islands Secret? I don't have it but I'm interested. Or maybe And Yet It Moves?

HolyMackerel

lockelocke

I'm down with And Yet It Moves. Been meaning to pick it up.

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

Stuffgamer1

@Mickeymac: I know that! But with two-month turnaround on the Club, I'd really prefer not to have to sit out an entire session. I honestly don't see as a fighting game could possibly have enough of a single-player mode to justify Club play anyway. And I don't see any harm in (loudly) voicing my opinion before an official vote is cast.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

CanisWolfred

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

@Mickeymac: I know that! But with two-month turnaround on the Club, I'd really prefer not to have to sit out an entire session. I honestly don't see as a fighting game could possibly have enough of a single-player mode to justify Club play anyway. And I don't see any harm in (loudly) voicing my opinion before an official vote is cast.

Well, you're gonna have to sit out eventually. And the story mode in Guilty Gear XX can be pretty extensive. In Accent Core Plus, for instance, there are over 350 scenarios you can encounter, and no you cannot get all of that in one sitting. If that isn't club-worthy content, I don't know what is.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

lockelocke

As long as I can pick up Guilty Gear for around $20, I'm down. I actually need an excuse to give fighters another shot. Never really dug any fighters since Soul Caliber 2.

i_am_error
backlockelockery

HolyMackerel

I'm not against varying the lengths of sessions for shorter games. We could run through a game for a month. For most WiiWare games we should do that, for example.

I also think we could have just a short break between sessions. Not a full month, maybe say a week or so for voting and rest.

HolyMackerel

Stuffgamer1

@Mickeymac: And when we already have so many games I want to play on the ballot, I'd understandably much rather that sitting-out period be later rather than sooner, especially considering it's already my opinion that two months is a good bit longer than needed for the game we're doing NOW! I'd just like to keep the pace up...again, my opinion, to which I am every bit as entitled as you are yours.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

lockelocke

I'll agree with that. 2 months is on the generous side. But were just starting out! If everyone is finished and itching to go in a month maybe we can move on to the next game.

i_am_error
backlockelockery

Stuffgamer1

You have a good point there...it's theoretically possible that in ANY game period, the group might collectively finish ahead of time, leaving no real reason to wait for the predetermined end date.

Raylax

Don't do Cave Story, it's still not out here D:

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

Stuffgamer1

Good point, Raylax. Whatever we do, we have to make sure it's released everywhere.

andyutd97

I feel the next game should be available on VC as people might get cold feet if its a retail game. A Legend Of Zelda Game or Star Fox 64 aka Lylat Wars would be my choice.

andyutd97

HolyMackerel

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

Good point, Raylax. Whatever we do, we have to make sure it's released everywhere.

No, I refuse! I demand we all play 428 〜封鎖された渋谷で〜 on Japanese-region Wiis NAO! (To be honest, if that game was in English it would be the perfect choice for our club. It's a real shame.)

@andyutd97 Well the current pick is a VC game. You're right about the cold feet thing, and I don't mind doing another VC game. But I think Zelda and StarFox are just too well-known. Pretty much everyone would just be replaying them. I want to pick more obscure games. There's no point choosing all the favourites for the club. (And boy do Nintendo fans have their favourites! )

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

andyutd97

@HolyMackerel Yep I agree. What Are Your Current Thoughts

Ps: I picked them because they are my faves lol. Ocarina of time FTW

andyutd97

andyutd97

@HolyMackerel May Be A Mega Man or Kirby Fun Pak

I dont know weather they are common, Ive never played them :

andyutd97

Raylax

HolyMackerel wrote:

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

No, I refuse! I demand we all play 428 〜封鎖された渋谷で〜 on Japanese-region Wiis NAO! (To be honest, if that game was in English it would be the perfect choice for our club. It's a real shame.)

I vote we fandub it first.

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

SpentAllMyTokens

I would vote Majora's Mask, since that's the one Zelda game I never really got through (and I already have it on my VC).

Looks like I'm going to be sitting this session out, unfortunately, unless one of the million places I've interviewed in the last couple weeks stops being jerks and offers me a job.

Would DS games be an option too? Not that I have any suggestions for DS games to play (ok, I do. Henry Hatsworth), but they are cheaper than retail Wii games, so those could be an option.

Edited on by SpentAllMyTokens

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

HolyMackerel

@Token Girl DS games are definitely an option and I'd love to do some. There are loads of great single player DS games.

@Raylax Uh, wow. That would be something.

HolyMackerel

SpentAllMyTokens

Raylax wrote:

HolyMackerel wrote:

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

I vote we fandub it first.

I vote that none of the fandubbers should know Japanese. Just to make things interesting.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.