Forums

Topic: NintendoLife Game Club

Posts 201 to 220 of 372

SpentAllMyTokens

Raylax wrote:

HolyMackerel wrote:

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

Good point, Raylax. Whatever we do, we have to make sure it's released everywhere.

No, I refuse! I demand we all play 428 〜封鎖された渋谷で〜 on Japanese-region Wiis NAO! (To be honest, if that game was in English it would be the perfect choice for our club. It's a real shame.)

I vote we fandub it first.

I vote that none of the fandubbers should know Japanese. Just to make things interesting.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

TwilightV

Just joined. Probably won't be able to give much input until I get internet back home again...

TwilightV

Raylax

Token Girl wrote:

Raylax wrote:

HolyMackerel wrote:

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

Good point, Raylax. Whatever we do, we have to make sure it's released everywhere.

No, I refuse! I demand we all play 428 〜封鎖された渋谷で〜 on Japanese-region Wiis NAO! (To be honest, if that game was in English it would be the perfect choice for our club. It's a real shame.)

I vote that none of the fandubbers should know Japanese. Just to make things interesting.

Definitely. Guess what cutscenes we can, and the ones we really don't understand, fill with a video of the NintendoLife staff doing the macarena.

Somehow, I think it will be even better than the original.

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

morphballer

Guilty Gear AC Plus...
I can't find that game anywhere! And I've looked!

I've been playing Punch Out!! on Wii I'd love to have a discussion on that ASAP. I'd also like to suggest No More Heroes or NMH2.

Also, Gamefly has a plethora of quality Wii and DS games used for under $20 with free shipping right now! I've ordered five games from them in two months, one of which is Punch Out!!

Edited on by morphballer

VGM Champion
It's on like Donkey Kong!! -5 coins
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9097-9759 | Nintendo Network ID: MorphballerU

SpentAllMyTokens

Raylax wrote:

Token+Girl wrote:

Raylax wrote:

HolyMackerel wrote:

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

Definitely. Guess what cutscenes we can, and the ones we really don't understand, fill with a video of the NintendoLife staff doing the macarena.

Somehow, I think it will be even better than the original.

That sounds like a job for Pigtailed-Prosody.

Edited on by SpentAllMyTokens

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

mecoy

il join but when are we doing smrpg?

mecoy

Stuffgamer1

HolyMackerel wrote:

But I think Zelda and StarFox are just too well-known. Pretty much everyone would just be replaying them. I want to pick more obscure games.

I don't get why you keep insisting that, when the Club's very first game was Paper MARIO, unquestionably even less obscure than Zelda and Star Fox. A lot of us are just replaying that, after all. Not all of us, granted, but I think that would be the case with just about any game, no matter how popular.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Kingbuilder

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

HolyMackerel wrote:

But I think Zelda and StarFox are just too well-known. Pretty much everyone would just be replaying them. I want to pick more obscure games.

I don't get why you keep insisting that, when the Club's very first game was Paper MARIO, unquestionably even less obscure than Zelda and Star Fox. A lot of us are just replaying that, after all. Not all of us, granted, but I think that would be the case with just about any game, no matter how popular.

Paper Mario is a good game that can ease players into the club. It's also pretty underrated for a Nintendo game. I'm pretty sure that we'll be playing much more obscure games in the future.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

HolyMackerel

Kingbuilder wrote:

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

HolyMackerel wrote:

Paper Mario is a good game that can ease players into the club. It's also pretty underrated for a Nintendo game. I'm pretty sure that we'll be playing much more obscure games in the future.

Yep, that was pretty much my reasoning. It's not a huge game in the series, and Mario is a well-known character for Nintendo fans (of course!) so that would get people interested in the club. If you all insist then we can continue to do some games from other well-known Nintendo series but please not the huge flagship ones like Ocarina of Time. I'd like to explore some of the less-appreciated titles.

HolyMackerel

mecoy

i would like a final fantasy mystiq quest or some sort of final fantasy game

mecoy

Stuffgamer1

I would be VERY interested to read the impressions of a group play-through of Mystic Quest...I wouldn't replay the game myself, having just gone through it with the recent VC release. I'd love to see what people think of it from their own hands-on experience all the same.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

salty1264

joining great

have a wii,dsi, gba and gcn but getting a 3ds and ps3. my fave game of alltime for all systems is black ops on wii

salty1264

hey like epic said on first page OoT

have a wii,dsi, gba and gcn but getting a 3ds and ps3. my fave game of alltime for all systems is black ops on wii

pikku

We Should do next Metroid Prime or Super MArio World. or maybe even one of the original Donkey Kong Countries
all five of which are on my top games of all time list, btw

Edited on by pikku

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

salty1264

come on plz so many people want it

RedYoshi999

I think people want Majora's Mask more than OoT actually, including me.

RedYoshi999

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8576-2407 | Nintendo Network ID: RedYoshi999

edhe

I'm joining this topic thread and the google group.]

But I won't be part of the Paper Mario playthrough, as I have recently completed it.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

HolyMackerel

CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT: Voting for the next game

Voting for the next game will start on January 1 and will last until the current game session ends on January 16. Voting will be done through an online poll. You will only be able to vote one time, but you will be able to vote for multiple games so you don't have to pick just one! Make sure to vote for every game you would be up for playing.

I trimmed the list a little so not every suggestion given so far is here. If you have suggestions for any more games, please post them in this thread.

The current nominees:

• Cave Story (PC / WW / DSiWare)
  • Final Fantasy IV (SNES / GBA / DS / VC)
  • Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon (Wii)
  • Guilty Gear XX Λ Core Plus (Wii / PC / PS2 / PSP / Xbox)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64 / VC)
  • Little King's Story (Wii)
  • Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes (PSX / GCN)
  • Metroid Prime (GCN / Wii)
  • No More Heroes (Wii)
  • Okami (Wii / PS2)
  • Samurai Warriors 3 (Wii)
  • Sin & Punishment (N64 / VC)
  • Sin & Punishment 2 (Wii)
  • Trauma Center: Under the Knife (DS) or Trauma Center: Second Opinion (Wii)
  • Trauma Team (Wii)

End of session review

On January 1, I'll also put up a poll for all of us to vote on a score out of 10 for Paper Mario. I'll also encourage you all to write your post-play thoughts about the game in the session thread (please mark spoilers) and then I'll compile a group review of what we thought about the game from both what we've written so far and our post-play thoughts. This only applies to members who participated in this session. For those of you who have already finished your playthrough, you could start thinking about what score you'd give and what you'd like to say about the game.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.