Forums

Topic: NintendoLife Game Club

Posts 161 to 180 of 372

HolyMackerel

The first session has started! Please discuss Paper Mario in the new game thread.

We'll be continuing to use this thread to talk about the club itself, as well as any suggestions you have for the next game pick.

Apologies to WaltzElf and any other Aussies who are taking part for the late start time. Maybe I should have created the new thread and sent out the email earlier but then to the Americans it would look like we were starting on the 11th. o.O

@JohnWalrus Sure, as long as it hasn't been so long that you forgot the story then you can continue from your save file. This will be my first playthrough so I have no idea how far into the game the Desert is.

@Vaynard Less than three won by a mile.

Ooh, Majora's Mask. I've heard good things about that game and yeah, it seems overlooked compared to Ocarina of Time. It is on VC isn't it?

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

RedYoshi999

I would love to join at least for Paper Mario but I already have started the game and don't want to restart. I need some motivation to keep going and this will surely help. Is it ok to keep going on my save file? I think I'm over half way through. And regarding Majora's Mask, it is on VC and I absolutely love it. My favourite Zelda game and in my top games ever list.

RedYoshi999

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8576-2407 | Nintendo Network ID: RedYoshi999

RedYoshi999

@DannyBoyTheDude
Haha, yep. I think it is way better than OoT and deserves a lot more respect than it gets. It is so overlooked by everyone. I would love to see a remake on 3DS like with OoT. It would be so awesome carrying Majora's Mask around with you with new graphics, sound, controls and extra sidequests, etc.

Edited on by RedYoshi999

RedYoshi999

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8576-2407 | Nintendo Network ID: RedYoshi999

Machu

If Majora's Mask is on the 'what to play next' list, I shall be voting for that. Untitled

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

JeanLuc_Vaycard

Gah I personally can't stand Majora's Mask but if that's what people want...

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

JayArr

Majora's Mask is too main stream! Let's do something a little more unique!

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

HolyMackerel

@Jay I agree, pretty much every LoZ game is way too mainstream for Nintendo fans!

Suggestions so far:

• Final Fantasy IV + The After Years (SNES / GBA / VC / WW)
  • Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon (Wii)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64 / VC)
  • Little King's Story (Wii)
  • Metroid Prime (GCN / Wii)
  • Okami (Wii / PS2)
  • Samurai Warriors 3 (Wii)
  • Sin & Punishment (N64 / VC)
  • Sin & Punishment 2 (Wii)
  • One of the Trauma Centers (DS / Wii)
  • Trauma Team (Wii)

HolyMackerel

Raylax

Oooh, my vote's on Little King's Story. I keep starting playing that and stopping after not getting very far. Not sure why either, 'cos I love the game xD

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

HolyMackerel

@Raylax We'll be doing a vote through a poll at the end of our first session. Right now, just looking for suggestions for our next game. I can understand stopping and starting with LKS, I do that too. It's the sort of game that you obsess over for a week, drop for a while, and then return to later.

HolyMackerel

Raylax

Yeah, but I drop it for like 3 months and then have to start a new game xD
I am a badass at beating that frog thing now

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

CanisWolfred

HolyMackerel wrote:

@Jay I agree, pretty much every LoZ game is way too mainstream for Nintendo fans!

Suggestions so far:

• Final Fantasy IV + The After Years (SNES / GBA / VC / WW)
  • Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon (Wii)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64 / VC)
  • Little King's Story (Wii)
  • Metroid Prime (GCN / Wii)
  • Okami (Wii / PS2)
  • Samurai Warriors 3 (Wii)
  • Sin & Punishment (N64 / VC)
  • Sin & Punishment 2 (Wii)
  • One of the Trauma Centers (DS / Wii)
  • Trauma Team (Wii)

My Vote goes to Trauma Team, though my Suggestion would of course be Okami.

EDIT: Didn't see it was already there. Looks like I'm done here.
EDIT2: Wait, Hows about Guilty Gear XX (any version)? The Wii version of Accent Core isn't that Rare, and some versions have a Story Mode.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

LordJumpMad

So what game is everyone playing?

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

JeanLuc_Vaycard

That's actually a pretty good list. Some good variety in there and almost half I haven't played. Hope the poll goes up soon. Could take a while go get all the members to vote.

HolyMackerel

@JumpMad I see you still don't know what this thread is about. See the first post please.

@Mickeymac Well I played the heck out of GGXX back in the day. I wonder if story mode is substantial enough for most people - fighting games are mostly about skill and competition. The difficulty is pretty high too, Boss I-no is a major nuisance... for lack of a stronger term!

@Vaynard I'm going to put the poll up a fair bit later. Maybe a month from now. We still need to play the current game first lol.

HolyMackerel

JeanLuc_Vaycard

Oh another game suggestion. Ys Books 1 & 2. Great game and available on VC.

HanuKwanzMasBif

Awesome! I'll probably only stick around for the VC games because
1. I can't afford others
2. I just really started gaming within the past couple years, so I never got to play these games. Since lotsa people will be talking about them, as you said, it'll be sorta like when the games first came out.
So thanks for starting this!

Kingbuilder

Some of my game suggestions:

Metal Gear Solid:/ Twin Snakes (PS1/GCN)
Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master (GEN/VC)
Klonoa (Wii/PS1)
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (SNES/VC) (We could save this one for a few club playthroughs after this one, since we wouldn't want 2 Mario RPG's back-to-back. We should still get to this one eventually, though.)
And subsitute Metroid Prime for it's under-appreciated brother Echoes.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.