Forums

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Posts 1,361 to 1,380 of 1,460

RR529

@Tasuki, yeah, it's been really good. I'm already done with Legends, and I should be able to finish up Supergirl, Flash, & Arrow tomorrow morning.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

the_shpydar

@Tasuki @RR529
I enjoyed this season of Flash, though there were a few aspects that could have been better. Overall, an improvement over the previous season (even though i still enjoyed that as well).

Legends had an amazing season. It almost felt like a totally different show than the first season (which admittedly i dropped off watching because i found it horrible). Mick Rory (Dominic Purcell) is hands down my favorite character in the Arrowverse right now.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

@the_shpydar I agree I love Mick he's the biggest reason I enjoy Legends right now. And yes I agree with ya this season is alot better then lasts even though so far I only watched about half of it.

Flash I have been enjoying the most overall since it's debut but man this season. Now I am just wondering which Flash they will be going with next season!!.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

RR529

Finished up the new seasons Supergirl, the Flash, & Arrow today.

the Flash & Legends continue to be my favorites (and I agree with the above about Mic "Heat Wave" Rory being an awesome personality), and I even enjoyed Supergirl & Arrow in parts, though they weren't as good (put full thoughts in the Netflix thread).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tasuki

Finished up Legends tonight, and after it all I enjoyed this season alot more then last season. It was neat seeing the Legion of Doom arc too. I can't imagine how they will top this season but from the cliffhanger next season looks like it will be good too.

Next up Supergirl.

My Backlog

jump

Just started watching Batwoman, I'm really not that keen on it despite loving the Rucka run. Ruby Rose's monotone delivery of everything damages it, she's find out her ex girlfriend is married to a guy, she asks for breakfast or fights her evil twin are all the same. The inner monologues are unbearable. It's cool to see some of my favourites like Hush, Nocturna and Alice in the show though.

edited I got a few more episodes in and I need ask the question WHY THE FUDGE IS BATWOMANS WEAKNESS KRYPTONITE?!?!!?!!!!!?!!

DCs fandome (the make up event for the missing Comic Con) is this weekend. I like the look of The Suicide Squad game and movie reveals, the Snyder cut of Justice League, The Sandman panel, DC theme parks and they are showing a documentary about Dwayne McDuffie.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jump

Did anyone see the reveals of the new Gotham Knights and Suicide Squad games?

I'm not keen of Suicide Squad being a co-op game, I'm hoping it's single player friendly at least with decent AI on your team mates. Otherwise I really like the tone of the trailer.

Gotham Knights could really work without Batman, personally I would have liked to have seen Huntress and Catwoman in there too as Robin and Nightwing seem abit too similar play wise. The Court of Owls is a cool choice, I love the Snyder storyline from a few years ago and Joker is overplayed at this point but in my head I'm now expecting a zombie/clone Batman to be the end boss although that seems too similar to Suicide Squad.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

BruceCM

Think they've said it'd be playable solo, @jump .... Will see more on that but the basic ideas sound great!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

jump

@BruceCM yeah they said you can play it solo with AI controlling the other with the option to switch between characters like in the Lego games but I’ve got memories of the Resident Evil games with horrible AI partners ruining the game though.

Otherwise yeah, it could be really cool. I love the idea of having to take out the Justice League and they skipped the problem I have with the Avengers game which is gameplay with superpowers should be fun.

Nicolai wrote:

BruceCM

Yeah, I want to see a bit more about just how that'll actually work, too, @jump .... Generally, AI has improved a lot in games over the years, so it should work well but that's the part I'll want to see in action!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Tasuki

Saw the trailer for The Batman and I am impressed. I wasn't to sure about having Twilight Boy playing Bruce Wayne/Batman but it looks like he pulled it off. It's great seeing that they are introducing the Riddler in this series. To my knowledge the last time he was on the big screen was Jim Carrey in Batman Forever.

My Backlog

MsJubilee

Tasuki wrote:

Saw the trailer for The Batman, and I am impressed. I wasn't sure about having Twilight Boy playing Bruce Wayne/Batman but it looks like he pulled it off.

I don't know why would anyone think this. Robert Pattinson is a wonderful actor and no matter what. He's going to kill this role.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

TheFrenchiestFry

@Tasuki You seriously need to watch his post-Twilight stuff

He has grown as an actor considerably since finishing those films

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Zeldafan79

Well that new batman trailer was somewhat exciting but why was i getting hardcore the crow flashbacks? I'm one of the old guys who remembers seeing the 89 Batman movie in theaters as a 10 year old kid and those Tim burton ones will always be my batman. I also liked the Nolan trilogy quite a bit. I just wasn't real thrilled with the voice christian bale used. "SWEAR TO MEEEEEE!, DO I LOOK LIKE A COP?" and so forth.
I might check out this new batman. Can't be worse than Clooney batman. As soon as he said "Hi freeze I'm batman!" I was like, I'm out!

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

jump

I will see this "Twilight" Batman simply because it's Batman but the trailer looks cool. It has a Year One vibe to it and they seem to be focusing on him as a detective which is a no brainer since the other movies didn't do that enough. I was hoping for a never before seen baddie though, Batman has the greatest rogues gallery available and it be cool to try out the others.

At least The Suicide Squad movie is going out of it's way to try out new baddies. Speaking of which John Cena as Peacemaker, a douche Captain America type is brilliant casting.

@Zeldafan79 you might be interested to know Michael Keaton is coming back to play Batman. The Flash movie is going to be a Back To The Future/alternative timeline thing and he meets up with the Tim Burton Batman.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Zeldafan79

@jump
Yeah i heard about keaton coming back. I just hope it's not a tiny Cameo and nothing more. Not sure he could still do a full on solo Batman movie at his age anymore but It'd be neat anyway. How bout a Batman Beyond movie with him in it? I'd be all over that!

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

jump

@Zeldafan79 As a guess it's going to be an adaptation of the Flashpoint storyline so an older Batman works fine, that Batman is also a violent drunk with a plot twist.

Nicolai wrote:

Tasuki

@jump I read that the writer did take inspiration from Year One so that's probably why you got that vibe. I believe this takes place during Batman's second year.

My Backlog

Octane

Looks good. I've never been a huge superhero fan, but I've preferred DC stuff over Marvel. So a new Batman is something I'm looking forward to.

Octane

jump

@Tasuki Yeah, it's year two. There's gonna be a TV prequel series to the movie focusing on the cops to explain year one. I'm not keen on that idea, I'd rather the movie be it's own thing but I'm hoping it's the Gotham Central adaption I wanted Gotham to be, that show was weird in how it managed to be both too campy and too serious at the same time.

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic