Forums

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Posts 1,341 to 1,360 of 1,460

Tasuki

@the_shpydar Yeah its official. Several places have been reporting it the past few days. I am really excited about it.

As for your prediction on The Flash, I had a similar one, though I am going with the guy in the mask is Wally West on that Earth and he's the Flash.

Let's see who's right.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

HawkeyeWii

@the_shpydar @tasuki Wow I haven't seen you guys in this forum in a while! The Flash seems to just keep getting better and better. Unfortunately the same can not be said about Arrow. I was curious, what are your guys' takes on not using Grant Gustin for the DCEU movies?

Edited on by HawkeyeWii

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

Tasuki

@the_shpydar Well so you were right, no fair not telling use you're a writer. ;P

I finally finished all the Arrowverse shows and I will say my favorite this season was Legends, followed by The Flash, Supergirl and last Arrow. My main problem with Arrow was how anticlimactic the battle with Darhk was but then again I thought Darhk was a meh character he just didn't grab me like Melcolm, Slade or even Ra did. Of course getting that actor to play him probably didn't help.

@HawkeyeWii Yeah its been awhile mainly I wasnt around in this thread because I was so far behind the Arrowverse shows and didn't want to accidentally see some spoilers and I could honestly care less about the DC Movieverse right now. So that should answer your question. But to go into detail I can understand why they don't want to use Grant in the movie due to wanting to keep the movies and TV shows seperate which I think is dumb IMO. I think they should do something like what Marvel is doing with Agents and just have it all in one Cinematic universe whether it's TV or Movies. It really boggles my mind on how DC did Superman and the 89 Batman or even for that matter the Dark Knight Trilogy so well but just can't do these movies any justice (no pun intended).

Also one last thing on the DC TV Universe appearently they will introduce Superman in season 2 of Supergirl

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/superman-cast-for-season-two...

My Backlog

HawkeyeWii

@Tasuki I agree. I think it is a terrible idea to not use both Amell and Gustin as their respective characters in the movies. And as for your comment on the original Superman and Batman movies. That is all they seem to be able to do well, is Batman and Superman movies, but obviously not together lol. Although I'm a hypocrite, because I'm going to buy the "Deluxe" edition of BvS the day it comes out.
I also heard that rumor about Supergirl. Can it please be the actor from Smallville. Please!!!!

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

Tasuki

@HawkeyeWii They said that the guy who's cast as Superman was in the tv show Teen Wolf.

And yes the whole movie/tv universe with DC is an odd arramgement. On one hand I can see the point as DC has alot of heroes and barring certain ones for tv and shows means we don't get alot of the same stuff regurgitated, I mean how many times do we need to see a Batman or Superman origin story, and it let's them focus on other less known heroes and villains. But then again with some many charcters that crossover with each other it just messes everything up when they have to change things to accommodate the deal. Such as Suicide Squad being dropped from the Arrowverse.

My Backlog

the_shpydar

@Tasuki SHHHH! Don't let Berlanti know i spilled the beans or he'll squash my chances of hooking up with Killer Frost!

@HawkeyeWii I too haven't cared about the DC movie universe. I've watched bits of Man of Steel and found it near unwatchable, and while i plan to eventually get through Bats vs Supes, my first attempt had me rolling my eyes non-stop for a half-hour before i fell asleep (which i didn't really care about since i was watching it via less than legitimate methods ). But from what i've seen so far, Affleck at least is good in the flick.

I agree that they'd be smarter to build a universe tying together the films and TV shows, but in a way i'm glad they're not, since DC TV is leaps and bounds better than Snyder's horrible grimdark movie-universe (though Suicide Squad looks like it might be pretty good).

It is a shame that Gustin isn't playing Flash in the films, since the kid really nails the role. Meanwhile, i'm curious to see what they do next season with Supergirl now on CW; i wonder if they'll use the Flashpoint-esque ending of Flash's season finale to fold Supergirl into the Earth-1 Berlanti-verse, or if they'll keep SG off in Earth-S (or however they're designating it) for now.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

So, some interesting news concerning Justice League. First off according to Snyder it won't be as dark as Batman V Superman and this won't be a first part it will just be a stand alone. Also the main villain is Steppenwolf? Who is that.

Sounds to me like they are just making this movie now to fulfill the deal with Snyder and then once he's done then do a proper JL movie. What a joke this has become.

My Backlog

shaneoh

Tasuki wrote:

Also the main villain is Steppenwolf? Who is that.

Darkseid's uncle from what I can gather (had to look that up). I thought Ra's al Ghul was a risky villain to use in Batman Begins, not as well known to non comic readers as the usual rogues, but this choice is worse.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

ElementSponge

I don't know, I think it's a good idea to use Steppenwolf. It'd be a good way to introduce and set up Darkseid, the New Gods and Apokalips, without actually using them in the movie.

Edited on by ElementSponge

ElementSponge

ElementSponge

So the reviews just came in for Suicide Squad and it's not looking good right now. Man it just seems like the DCEU can't catch any slack right now.

ElementSponge

Peek-a-boo

I shall be seeing Suicide Squad as part of this new 4DX experience at my nearest towns cinema on Friday however, the reviews are just as underwhelming as Batman v Superman were.

Why do DC Comics have such a difficult time creating a decent film? Marvel make it look so, so easy in comparison!

Granted, Wonder Woman looks curiously enjoyable upon watching the Comic Con trailer. It has a Captain America feel about it, especially with the film being set during the World War.

Peek-a-boo

ElementSponge

If the behind the scene story is true, then I can confidently say that WB is the problem with the current batch of DC movies. They're rushing to catch up with the MCU and are way too involved in the decision making process.

ElementSponge

Vinny

Watched the Killing Joke a while ago and it was meh. The extra 30 minute prologue was so weak.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

RR529

So, Netflix is getting Arrow Season 4 & Flash Season 2 the first week of October, and Legends of Tomorrow Season 1 the second week of October.

Should I wait until LoT is released to watch all 3 in tandem, or would it be okay to hold off on LoT until I finish Arrow & Flash (I know they like their crossovers, and was wondering if they'd be too spoilery if I didn't watch in tandem?).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Vinny

So, no date for the Suicide Squad home release yet?

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Tasuki

So I am really enjoying this season of Flash the only problem is when it comes to villains the Flash didnt have much imagination did they? Yet another evil speedster.

My Backlog

the_shpydar

@Tasuki
Agreed on the evil speedster thing, but at least this time he's not the "big bad" (that'd be Dr. Alchemy, and speculation that Mirror Master may show up this season as well). That being said, they are being somewhat true to the comics (at least to my limited knowledge of the DC universe), since there are quite a plethora of speedsters (evil and otherwise) in the comics.

Meanwhile, next week Jessie Quick/Jessie Wells is coming back with powers, and given the set-up for the season is that Dr. Alchemy is returning powers to those who had them in the Flashpoint universe, it's just a matter of time before Wally becomes Kid Flash (again).

Speedsters everywhere!

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

@the_shpydar Yeah that is a relief that he's not the big baddie.

So I watched Supergirl and Legends last night and enjoyed them both. I loved Superman in Supergirl and thought they handled it well.

I especially loved the little nods to Superman the Movie like Lex Luthor causing an Earthquake in California and the name of Cat Grant's new assistant.

My Backlog

Tasuki

Finished up this seasons Flash and as usual it didn't disappoint. The only question I have now is who's coming back next season.

I really liked the storyline for this season and the main villain was really good probably the best IMO so far in the series.

Now I just need to finish Legends and Supergirl.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic