Forums

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Posts 1,341 to 1,360 of 1,386

jump

^Not that I agree with it but the funny thing is in Batman no.1 he kills a mental patient by hanging them from the Batwing and even the great Bat-writers like Frank Miller, Grant Morrison, Jim Starlin etc has had Bats kill.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jump

I've just watchef the Supergirl-Flash crosover, I thought it was excellent and charming without going into camp cheese. I just wished there would be more of these crossovers rather than the Arrow.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

jump

Just watched Justice League vs Teen Titans (on a side note why are all these good guys vs good guys coming out at the same time...Daredevil, Bats vs Supes, Civil War movie, Civil War comic etc?) and DC's animated films are slowly improving but still below the Timm's standard when he was on charge, I just really wish they'll drop this same canon stuff as the costume designs are bloody awful.

Nicolai wrote:

RR529

Well, I've finished up a number of DC animated films over the past month. This is how I'd rank them.

4. Justice League: War
3. Justice League: the Flashpoint Paradox
2. Batman: the Dark Knight Returns
1. Son of Batman

Full impressions on each in the movie thread.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

ElementSponge

I personally think the new DCAU that started with Justice League War is pretty mediocre. These movies just don't feel complete, and sometimes the design and animations are way off. I think they should just scrap that animated universe and continue making stand alone animated movies.

Can't wait for The Killing Joke, especially with the cast behind.

ElementSponge

jump

Just heard Rucka is returning to Wonder Woman

Nicolai wrote:

ElementSponge

The new Suicide Squad trailer is just a treat to watch, can't wait to see how the Joker interacts with the Squad. Still don't like his design though.

ElementSponge

jump

I just watched the new episode of Legends of Tomorrow and they have taken HG Wells a famous British late Victorian writer who books are almost all set in the UK and they had him be an American during the Wild West...I'm fine with it not being historicaly accurate but why throw him in if you can't get the basics rights?

Nicolai wrote:

shaneoh

arronishere wrote:

I just watched the new episode of Legends of Tomorrow and they have taken HG Wells a famous British late Victorian writer who books are almost all set in the UK and they had him be an American during the Wild West...I'm fine with it not being historicaly accurate but why throw him in if you can't get the basics rights?

Because the audience gets confused if they start being told that there is more than one country in the world . I had a similar gripe about the localisation of Phoenix Wright changing Japan to the US, but this is worse

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

jump

^Canadian and British audiences have no problem understanding there's more than one country

I can just see in five-ish years time all the tweens who watch the show start learning about HG Wells or watch films like Time After Time or HG Wells: War with the World and are shocked to find out he's English.

Nicolai wrote:

jump

I've just watched the trailer for Preacher, it looks fantastic but after Lucifer and Constantine I don't want to expect too much.

Nicolai wrote:

CharlieGirl

Lucifer and Constantine were devolved into weekly procedural shows, and felt so by-the-numbers.

I don't think Preacher will repeat the same mistakes, but I also don't expect it to be that great.

I'll be your 1up girl

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933 | My Nintendo: CharlieSmile | Nintendo Network ID: CharlieSmile

CharlieGirl

arronishere wrote:

Just heard Rucka is returning to Wonder Woman

yes! very exciting. I'm dropping a whole bunch of DC titles that are going twice-a-monthly. ...except for Wonder Woman.
between Rucka writing, and Eddie Berganza no longer editing (thank glob), I think I can finally read in-continuity Wondy without feeling sick to my stomach, for the first time in nearly 5 years.

I'll be your 1up girl

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933 | My Nintendo: CharlieSmile | Nintendo Network ID: CharlieSmile

CharlieGirl

top tier DC writer/artist Darwyn Cooke has died.
most noted for his work on DC's New Frontier, The Spirit, and Before Watchmen, his body of work is near impeachable.

I've had the honor of meeting him and speaking with him, and a kinder, wiser soul there never has been in comics.
I'll never forget how nervous I was to meet him, wearing a really dopey looking Fionna the Human cosplay, and without a moment's hesitation he looks me right in the eye and says "hi, beautiful." We talked about women in comics, issues we both shared with some stories and writers out there, and convention life. He was sharp as a tack yet very humble.

I'm lucky to have met him. And the world of comics is poorer for having lost him.

I'll be your 1up girl

jump

^I'll add Catwoman to his standout work too. Great shame as he was a top talent.

Nicolai wrote:

Tasuki

So Supergirl is changing networks next season from CBS to CW, and they are moving production from L.A. to Vancouver where the other Arrowverse shows are filmed. Hopefully this means more crossovers.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic