Forums

Topic: Disney/Pixar Discussion

Posts 161 to 180 of 384

Drawdler

I loved Wreck-It Ralph, but after Frozen I'm kind of weary about BH6. At least it won't have filler songs about summer and fixing things that come out of nowhere and add nothing important. Also, I like the way this movie looks and the concept of it better. Much more interested in seeing it than I was to see Frozen (which I didn't watch until it was available to rent). I'll make sure to watch it in the cinema with my family.

I'm glad I'm not the only one here who doesn't like Frozen

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Socar

According to my bro, Disney bought the original stories of Snow White Aladdin and other fairy tales so that no one can ever use them and I don't mean the Disney ones, I meant the original ones. Is that really true.

I'm actually surprised that Disney is doing well in gaming I mean granted, I wasn't into licensed games but still.....the whole thing of them being evil and after buying Lucasfilm just worries me.....if they actually have the potential to buy Nintendo or Capcom?????? PLEASE NOT CAPCOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Tobiaku

Disney should release more Mickey Mouse club episodes on dvd

Edited on by Tobiaku

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

camerica1618

Tobias95 wrote:

I'd rather have them release their older stuff. I'm talking about Alice Comedies, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Silly Symphonies, and the first Mickey cartoons. Now THAT would get me excited. It'd be a lot more fun to watch those officially rather than watching bad quality YouTube videos of them.

Edited on by camerica1618

camerica1618

Kaze_Memaryu

I @Artwark Considering the amount of versions that are constantly running in theatres and on TV, I highly doubt that. Many of these classic fairy tales continue to get (really sloppy) adaptions across all media, especially around europe, and most aren't made by even a Disney subcompany.

<insert title of hyped game here>

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6640-0089 | Nintendo Network ID: KazeMemaryu

Socar

So what happens when Disney turns out to buy Nintendo or Sega?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Wouwter

Artwark wrote:

So what happens when Disney turns out to buy Nintendo or Sega?

Yeah right.

Forum Signature

Kaze_Memaryu

@Artwark At that day, logic itself will wither away, and after ten days of agonized screams echoing through the streets, the last Nintendo fan will collapse, only for Disney to close Nintendo right afterwards. The rest is the series of Disney-related plagues we've experienced since 2002, but with Nintendo characters (terrible movies, terrible cartoons and sitcoms that are all the same, unrealistic idol-type career dream manipulation, Mario in Infinity 3.6.54, stuff like that), and at last, the annihilation of mankind.
But if they were to buy SEGA, nothing would change, except for ATLUS running to Nippon Ichi Software at the last moment. Recent Sonic marketing ploys are somewhat similar to Disney practices already.

Edited on by Kaze_Memaryu

<insert title of hyped game here>

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6640-0089 | Nintendo Network ID: KazeMemaryu

Tobiaku

camerica1618 wrote:

Tobias95 wrote:

I'd rather have them release their older stuff. I'm talking about Alice Comedies, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Silly Symphonies, and the first Mickey cartoons. Now THAT would get me excited. It'd be a lot more fun to watch those officially rather than watching bad quality YouTube videos of them.

Silly Symphonies, Oswald, all the classic Mickey cartoons and at least a few Alice Comedies is aviable on dvd via Walt Disney treasures
While only around ten (?) episodes of the Mickey Mouse club is aviable. I would also like to see more of the Disney land show ^^

Tobiaku

iphys

So out of curiosity: how many people think Disney Movie Rewards is vastly superior to Club Nintendo? I'm sure I've spent less than $300 on Disney products thanks to their movie club, and for that I was able to donate a plush toy, get 3 DVDs, and get a Frozen hoodie, and entering the PINs and not having to do pages and pages of surveys is such a breeze. I spend way more on Nintendo products, yet Club Nintendo is such a pain with all the surveys, there are barely any rewards, and never anything as great as a hoodie. Club Nintendo is pretty lame except when they do the special promotions for a free retail game download, but those aren't anything unique, and I usually have already bought any game I actually wanted anyway.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

Gamecubed

iphys wrote:

So out of curiosity: how many people think Disney Movie Rewards is vastly superior to Club Nintendo? I'm sure I've spent less than $300 on Disney products thanks to their movie club, and for that I was able to donate a plush toy, get 3 DVDs, and get a Frozen hoodie, and entering the PINs and not having to do pages and pages of surveys is such a breeze. I spend way more on Nintendo products, yet Club Nintendo is such a pain with all the surveys, there are barely any rewards, and never anything as great as a hoodie. Club Nintendo is pretty lame except when they do the special promotions for a free retail game download, but those aren't anything unique, and I usually have already bought any game I actually wanted anyway.

Oh absolutely. I've gotten more free crap off of DMR than I have off of CN. I also spent less money in the process. I like that DMR usually has a huge variety to choose from and sometimes they have ways for you to earn extra points, just because. Both decent services, but DMR gives you more bang for your buck. But hey, who am I to judge a free, complimentary service?

Gamecubed

camerica1618

Tobias95 wrote:

camerica1618 wrote:

Tobias95 wrote:

Silly Symphonies, Oswald, all the classic Mickey cartoons and at least a few Alice Comedies is aviable on dvd via Walt Disney treasures
While only around ten (?) episodes of the Mickey Mouse club is aviable. I would also like to see more of the Disney land show ^^

Wow cool. I really didn't know that. Thanks! I'm going to Disney World in November. Hoping I can find some stuff there.

camerica1618

Tobiaku

@camerica1618 That could probaly be a bit tought, as they are kinda sold out, but if you find them, you should buy them. And Dr. Syn alias the scarecrow of Romney marsh. If you find that cheap, you HAVE to buy it. Its super expensive on the internet. (Wich I dont like because I want it too)

Tobiaku

camerica1618

Tobias95 wrote:

@camerica1618 That could probaly be a bit tought, as they are kinda sold out, but if you find them, you should buy them. And Dr. Syn alias the scarecrow of Romney marsh. If you find that cheap, you HAVE to buy it. Its super expensive on the internet. (Wich I dont like because I want it too)

Cool. Thanks for the advice, dude. I'll look out for it when I go.

camerica1618

Tobiaku

Have you seen Pollyanna?

Tobiaku

camerica1618

Nope. I've had the chance too. I've just never bothered.

camerica1618

Tobiaku

Its my favorite Disney movie ^^ I know Mary Poppins is very well known and manys favorite, but I prefer both Follow me boys! and Pollyanna

Tobiaku

iKhan

Artwark wrote:

According to my bro, Disney bought the original stories of Snow White Aladdin and other fairy tales so that no one can ever use them and I don't mean the Disney ones, I meant the original ones. Is that really true.

I'm actually surprised that Disney is doing well in gaming I mean granted, I wasn't into licensed games but still.....the whole thing of them being evil and after buying Lucasfilm just worries me.....if they actually have the potential to buy Nintendo or Capcom?????? PLEASE NOT CAPCOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't believe that's true. My family has a non-Disney version of Snow White, and they made an Indian Bollywood Aladdin movie.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

mushroomer

I think they key word you mentioned is Capcom.. and Japan. Those japanese go all out. I have worked for gaming companies in the states and so many of these 3rd party Ubisoft/activision branches cut corners and feel like their attitude is that this is not a real game.. but just a filler game. attitude. with a bunch of interns thrown into those titles. They are not taken seriously.. but in Japan, boy... especially in the 90's everything was aimed to be a tripple A title.

mushroomer

Tobiaku

Disney should add Eilonwy to the princess franchise.

Tobiaku

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic