Forums

Topic: Disney/Pixar Discussion

Posts 141 to 160 of 384

Rocko52

As I was recently rewatching Frozen with my sister (she's watched it like, 6 times since she got it for her birthday less than a month ago) I realized that the opening song sung by the Icemen feels really out of place in the movie. The style feels like something more fit for Brave or something else. Not to mention that besides introducing Kristoff and Sven, even then you could have left the song out and easily introduced Kristoff as adopted by the trolls in the opening scene without loosing anything. The song really added nothing, and gave kind of this, mythic, ancient feel off at the start, which back when I saw this on the screen, gave a false impression on me. Not to say the movie is bad, I really like it, but there are flaws. (Everything has flaws, but still, some people act like Frozen's the most perfect Disney Movie ever)

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: The Golden Compass

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

Tobiaku

Disney should release Song of the south on dvd/ blu ray

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

camerica1618

Rocko52 wrote:

As I was recently rewatching Frozen with my sister (she's watched it like, 6 times since she got it for her birthday less than a month ago) I realized that the opening song sung by the Icemen feels really out of place in the movie. The style feels like something more fit for Brave or something else. Not to mention that besides introducing Kristoff and Sven, even then you could have left the song out and easily introduced Kristoff as adopted by the trolls in the opening scene without loosing anything. The song really added nothing, and gave kind of this, mythic, ancient feel off at the start, which back when I saw this on the screen, gave a false impression on me. Not to say the movie is bad, I really like it, but there are flaws. (Everything has flaws, but still, some people act like Frozen's the most perfect Disney Movie ever)

While I do agree that the movie definitely has flaws, I actually did enjoy that opening song. It had a cool feeling which I really liked.

camerica1618

ZurrrrBlattTron

AHHHHH IT LOOKS BEYOND INCREDIBLE!! Can we take in the fact that the makers from the Godly Frozen and Wreck it Ralph are working on it? <3 I'm definitely going to look into Marvels Big Hero 6 as I never got into it :3 but gosh this looks incredible love the setting and the look of the characters Tumblr is gonna blow up with fanart <3 and I'm gonna love it thanks @Destinyman for sharing!

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

shingi_70

Big Hero Six looks great. A bit surpised it isn't a MCU film but what ev's.

Frozen is probably the most popular main disney creation in recent memory. They already have the charcaters showing up in the new once upon a time season.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

mamp

I could go on forever and ever on how badly Frozen is flawed and terrible but I'll spare ya'll the details. I'll keep my eye on for Big Hero 6 lately I'm kinda weary of Disney/Pixar films because they tend to be hit or miss with me. Also I will never forgive them for adding a terrible sequel to my all time favorite Pixar movie.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

shingi_70

@mamp

Cars?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

mamp

shingi_70 wrote:

@mamp

Cars?

Nope I always hated cars, but keep guessing. Easy hint- it wasn't a sequel it was more of a prequel.

shingi_70

mamp wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

@mamp

Cars?

Nope I always hated cars, but keep guessing. Easy hint- it wasn't a sequel it was more of a prequel.

What is Monsters Inc?

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

mamp

shingi_70 wrote:

mamp wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

@mamp

Cars?

What is Monsters Inc?

YES!!! You win!

camerica1618

@mamp

So you hate Frozen AND Monsters University? That's the quite the unpopular opinion, but I'm sure you knew that. Do you mind explaining why you dislike them so much?

camerica1618

mamp

@camerica1618 unless you got time to read a whole page on all of my thoughts I'm gonna skip out on elaborating. Unless you really want to...

ZurrrrBlattTron

I hated Monsters University too, of all the movies Monsters Inc NEEDED a Sequel not a prequel who ever came up with that idea deserves to be fired

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Drobotic

torotoid64 wrote:

I hated Monsters University too, of all the movies Monsters Inc NEEDED a Sequel not a prequel who ever came up with that idea deserves to be fired

I think it's a good movie.A prequel was probably the best direction to go,seeing how Monster's Inc. came out in the 2000's and Disney has to market it to a bunch of kids who didn't grow up with it.Remember,Disney has to make the films marketable to the kids,too.We got to see how the characters met and became friends and even got new ones we've never seen.That's as good as a sequel.

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

Drobotic

The only Pixar film I ended up hating was Cars 2.It was just all a big marketing toy to get money out of parent's wallets.We go from a touching story about a race car living in the fast lane who learns a lesson about friendship and caring to a horrible spy movie with a ridiculous and predictable plot that focuses on Mater.The comic relief is the last person you want your film to be focused around.Lightning McQueen is practically a secondary character in this film.Another thing is that I found the film too violent for a kids film.There were literally cartoon cars using guns and killing off other characters and it still got a G rating.Anyway,Big Hero 6 looks good.

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

jump

torotoid64 wrote:

I disagree, a prequel is the best direction for Monsters but just not simply let's have them go to school type affair. The idea of a world with monsters that are forced to scare kids for power has loads of potential or even just show off their world while University wasn't bad it could of been done with any number of characters. The arc of Inc was complete if they did a sequel it would just be Sully meets Boo again with nothing else at play.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

camerica1618

So did anyone bother to watch Girl Meets World? I really dislike Disney Channel, but because of how much I loved Boy Meets World I decided to try the sequel show out. I actually find it very reminiscent of Season 1 of BMW. It's cute, sometimes funny, and charming. It's not great, but I've enjoyed my time with it thus far. As long as it matures as the show goes on like BMW did, I'll keep watching it. I'm also hoping for more appearances from old cast members. I really want to see Shawn and Eric appear in a couple episodes. Overall, I find the show far better than the rest of the garbage that Disney Channel puts out. If any of you watched it what did you think?

camerica1618

Tobiaku

@NintyMan I will give Big Hero 6 the benefit of doubt, like I have done with all Disney movies the last decade. The fact thats it made by the people behind Wreck it Ralph and Tangled its not a good thing in my book, but they got Frozen allright. (Tangled should be named Rapunzel)
Low expectations often turns out with better than what I expected, but not what I realy want.

If they made an animated movie based on Anne of Green gables without modernizing the language I would be superexcited.

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic