Forums

Topic: Are We Being Too Harsh on the 2015 Digital Event?

Posts 61 to 80 of 127

iKhan

^huh, if the Japanese Direct was lazy, that might explain why the presentation was poor. It must have been rushed.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

veeflames

Guys, go and play Splatoon. I'm having a blast!
P.S. People get excited for a remake, but people loathe a reimagination. Sheesh.... the gaming community nowadays. SMH.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Blast

Aozz wrote:

The Good

• Star Fox, was annouced looked awesome
  • Animal Crossing HHD is really looking much better
  • that Zelda game for 3ds is pretty cool too
  • Paper Mario x Mario & Luigi was pretty good
  • Fire Emblem If and SMT x FE
  • Xenoblade gets a release date
    Skylanders with Amiibo is pretty cool!

The Bad

• Animal Crossing for Wii U is a Party Game now (i really want to try it, i keep looking at that trailer see if i could like that trailer, i still want to know more about it before i give my final thought on it)
  • Devil's Third not Mention (i'm really UPSET about it, i wish they gave us a date or trailer but no nothing happens, i'll be REALLY MAD if they never show anything and Better have a Good reason why,)
  • Lazyness in the Japan Direct (i mean just look at it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npWedSd8PH4, They couldnt take a min to change and translate the dates, and it really confused Japan People, isnt Xenoblade and Yo-Kai Watch already out in Japan? Animal Crossing HHD comes out in Japan July along with Yoshi,) i never watched the japan digital event in japan until today. and the directs where more better then this in japan, :/

AGREED.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Aozz101x

Morpheel wrote:

Isn't the e3 meant to be directed at American audiences, anyway?

Or is it a global thing?

the japan version of last year's digital event (2014) was better it look like it was all translated in japanese, no english VA at all
in fact: they could not just release one for japan, if all that was, it should just been an american / PAL only. and Nintendo (even tho they did) could just upload the trailer in japan version once digital event ended, if they where not going brother translated it the hole thing like they did last year

(yeah thats... really lazy, i don't know why they did good job at it last year, and did bad at it this year)

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

iKhan

So I think people are failing to separate the presentation itself from Nintendo's E3 presence as a whole.

Their E3 presence as a whole was great. Mother getting localized, Roy and Ryu in Smash, a wonderful Nintendo World Championship, and Treehouse live.

The Digital Event WAS indeed bad. That's not to say the content was bad, but the way it was presented was very poor. They should have mentioned Platinum Games was involved in Star Fox: Zero. Yokai Watch should have had a full developer story. They should have shown the Zelda trailer before the title. Blast Ball should have been the opener in the Metroid: FF trailer. Animal Crossing didn't deserve full trailers over Fatal Frame and Devil's Third. They spent WAY too long talking about Yoshi's Woolly World when there is footage of that game everywhere. They barely touched on Fire Emblem: Fates and XCX. Finally, Mario Maker was a poor closer given the amount they showed of the game at the NWCs

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Eel

Yeah, the presentation felt pretty unfocused overall. Like they thought it was a simple direct.

The games themselves have been quite good all around.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Bolt_Strike

Maybe a little, but it does deserve some level of negativity. There just weren't any exciting announcements here whatsoever.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

iKhan

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Maybe a little, but it does deserve some level of negativity. There just weren't any exciting announcements here whatsoever.

It's a mix. Nintendo had some cool stuff they should have shown at the Digital Event like the Smash DLC, Earthbound Beginnings, Devil's Third, and Fatal Frame. And they could have used the presentation to make their more disappointing announcements feel more exciting.

But it's also true that the presentation was lacking a big kicker. Something that a big part of the dedicated fanbase is going to be talking about. It could have been a new Pokemon on 3DS, Zelda U, a grand looking new IP, Zelda U, a main series Metroid, Zelda U, a new Mario platformer, Zelda U. What I'm trying to say is, the presentation needed Zelda U, whether it was coming in 2015 or not.

Araquanid

E3 as a whole wasn't awful, we did get a lot of cool things.. and the NWC were pretty entertaining.. the direct itself just wasn't very well planned out and slightly disappointing.

The games were fine IMO, starfox looks like it'll be pretty fun, and I will try it out. Zelda looks pretty good.. I don't understand why people were more thrilled about Ocarina of time and Majora's mask being remade over a new game, when this is a fixed up link between worlds with four swords style gameplay. I'm not sure how well it'll work out in single player.. but it's just something to tide us over while Zelda U waits until late 2016 to be released. Must've been a massive change for such a long delay.. better they not show us the incompleted project.

MPFF I'm hyped for, but it's just stupidity with how much hate a game gets with only 2 minutes of footage from it's trailer.. I'll admit, blast ball and the trailer kinda turned me off from the game, but the treehouse event showed more of the gameplay, and it was actually really fun looking.. heck, even the guys playing the game at the treehouse were having a good time laughing! They seemed bored with everything else. I'll definitely pick up this game, and hopefully people will calm down and stop wasting their time trying to get a game just revealed less than 12 hours ago cancelled. Even Metroid Prime Pinball recieved less hate. It's just overdramatic and juvenile to be petitioning for something to be cancelled...

AC I have no thoughts, I don't play AC

Mario Maker, honestly this was their weak point in the presentation.. they've shown off mario waaay too much.. I get it's the 30th anniversary, but tbh, mario is becoming repetitive and stale with the same style games coming out, it took up too much of the direct when other less expected things could've took stage. Mario maker is cool, but instead of having mario maker as the ending of the E3, they could've revealed mother 3 or even an update on projects they're working on currently. (like, where's retro studios? Plans on the NX?)

They just didn't organize this direct correctly.. things were already leaked or expected (amiibo, ryu and roy, hyrule warriors 3d), and they didn't give any major news.. I guess Mother 1 coming to the west is pretty huge since we never had a west release.. but mother 1 wasn't exactly some amazing title, it was earthbound 2 that really sparked the mother franchise and mother 3 followed up equally as good. Some of the puns and stuff were a little tasteless and just cute like the puppets, but nothing like miyamoto coming on stage with a master sword making an epic preformance.. I thought the direct would be the best, just by how well the championships went with reggie's appearence.. it was amazing, and then it's like that's the only thing they prepared for and worked on... everything else for the direct was thrown together an hour prior.

It wasn't so horrifically bad that people should hate on nintendo.. we should just be happy we have games coming our way, if we don't like em, don't buy em.. (and cancelling them is certainly not the way to go, waited 6 years for a metroid game? Let's make it 12 wynaut!) simple as that. We're just being too harsh like it's the end of the world for them.

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

iKhan

@MegaBeedrill

Aside from them talking and laughing, what did you find interesting about Federation Force? I saw some treehouse footage, and it looked really really boring.

Maybe it's just my lack of interest in cooperative multiplayer, and Blast Ball looked amazing to me.

Araquanid

@iKhan, I find the co-op multiplayer to be an interesting addition to the game. The gameplay itself looks really good, and it reminds me of all the good times I had in halo playing the campaign with others, except this time it's with metroid controls, and in the metroid universe. I haven't seen the rest of the game itself yet, no body has.. however I still have high hopes for what the game itself can be in the final release. It could flop, it could be hard to control and play (Like smash on the n3ds xl vs smash on the wii u) it might not be a very good campaign or storymode, but that's stuff I cannot just assume right off the bat without trying the demo, or the full game for that matter to pass judgement as a bad game. I'm being very open minded with this game for my favorite franchise, although I do understand where they may be some parts of the game that lack a metroidy feel.. (particularly the soundtrack, and the graphics, but graphics never mattered in a game.)

If the gameplay itself bores you, then it's not necessarly the metroid title to it, just the game wouldn't appeal to you no matter what, but the game looks pretty fun IMO, and i'd love to pick it up. As far as a metroid prime title, it can't be worse then pinball, and prime hunters wasn't exactly great either.. and there is still a possibly of samus in a single player mode. (or making the samus amiibo actually useful). Only time will tell, but I'm certainly not going to put hate on the game until I see the reason to, myself as a metroid fan.

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

I was actually more interested in FF when it was just a soccer game, they actually mixed shooting and sports together pretty well in Blast Ball. Seeing generic co-op FPS gameplay dampened my excitement for this game, it misses everything that makes Metroid great. They could end up improving the experience later to make it more interesting, but for right now it just looks like a really bland game.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

iKhan

MegaBeedrill wrote:

@iKhan, I find the co-op multiplayer to be an interesting addition to the game. The gameplay itself looks really good, and it reminds me of all the good times I had in halo playing the campaign with others, except this time it's with metroid controls, and in the metroid universe. I haven't seen the rest of the game itself yet, no body has.. however I still have high hopes for what the game itself can be in the final release. It could flop, it could be hard to control and play (Like smash on the n3ds xl vs smash on the wii u) it might not be a very good campaign or storymode, but that's stuff I cannot just assume right off the bat without trying the demo, or the full game for that matter to pass judgement as a bad game. I'm being very open minded with this game for my favorite franchise, although I do understand where they may be some parts of the game that lack a metroidy feel.. (particularly the soundtrack, and the graphics, but graphics never mattered in a game.)

If the gameplay itself bores you, then it's not necessarly the metroid title to it, just the game wouldn't appeal to you no matter what, but the game looks pretty fun IMO, and i'd love to pick it up. As far as a metroid prime title, it can't be worse then pinball, and prime hunters wasn't exactly great either.. and there is still a possibly of samus in a single player mode. (or making the samus amiibo actually useful). Only time will tell, but I'm certainly not going to put hate on the game until I see the reason to, myself as a metroid fan.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm not hating on the games as a Metroid fan. The furthest I've gotten into a Metroid game is probably something like 5%. I'm working slowly but surely through Metroid NES and Metroid Prime. But the former is hard as balls, and the latter is first person, so it makes my head hurt.

The gameplay genuinely looks terrible to me.

Bolt_Strike

iKhan wrote:

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm not hating on the games as a Metroid fan. The furthest I've gotten into a Metroid game is probably something like 5%. I'm working slowly but surely through Metroid NES and Metroid Prime. But the former is hard as balls, and the latter is first person, so it makes my head hurt.

The gameplay genuinely looks terrible to me.

If you're having that much trouble with the original Metroid you're doing something wrong. The boss lairs and bosses themselves are pretty hard, but other than that the game is pretty easy.

Bolt_Strike

RR529

I'd say yeah. I mean, I can understand if you're someone who'se invested in your Wii U, then I can totally understand the disappointment in the direct.

However, as someone who still uses the 3DS as my main gaming platform? I thought it was pretty good.

• Zelda: Tri Force Heroes - Admittedly, I'm not quite sold on this one yet. I love Zelda, but I was never big on the Four Swords games. I'll have to wait and see how this seperates itself.
  • Hyrule Warriors Legends - Again, I love Zelda, and Samurai Warriors: Chronicles was my favorite 3DS launch title, so I'm really, really stoked for this. Can't wait!
  • Metroid Prime: Galactic Force - To be honest, I was at first surprised that this was 3DS' Metroid title, but the more I watched the trailer, I realized how fun this could be, and am now looking forward to learning more.
  • Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam - The announcement of this was pretty flippin' awesome, IMO. This is possibly the coolest idea they've done for a Mario RPG yet! This is the kind of cool surprise that makes these events exciting, and I think this is the kind of game you should look forward to, regardless of what platform it's on.
  • Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer - Admittedly not that interested in it, but I haven't even gotten into the core series, so take that for what it's worth.
  • Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash - Okay, okay, it wasn't in the direct, but it still looks like it could be fun, IMO.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

DefHalan

I enjoyed the Nintendo E3 Direct. It had more wow moments for me personally than any of the other presentations. (haven't watched PC) I can understand why some people might not like it but I don't understand the hate for the Direct itself. I find hate for nintendo's games generally goes in a circle: Mario 3D World is released, People cry they want new IP. Splatoon is announced, People cry they want Old IP but with new gameplay. Metroid Federation Force is announced, People cry they want classic IPs with their Classic Gameplay. Rinse Repeat.

I am tired of this hate that Nintendo gets when trying to please fans but when other companies do the same stuff we see praise. Microsoft announced a bunch of games that are sequels for their franchises, with basically the same gameplay. Microsoft did fantastic. Sony shows off some games that look interesting and new. Sony gets praised. Nintendo does both at once. Nintendo Sucks. People say it is because they expect more from Nintendo, and that just rubs me the wrong way. If Nintendo really has been disappointing people for all this time, then shouldn't more of their announcements be filled with comments like "Don't care" or "that was surprising" instead of hate? I am really tired, hopefully this rant made sense, to those that actually read it and didn't just see the first sentence and start writing their reply.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

PrincessSugoi

iKhan wrote:

So I think people are failing to separate the presentation itself from Nintendo's E3 presence as a whole.

Their E3 presence as a whole was great. Mother getting localized, Roy and Ryu in Smash, a wonderful Nintendo World Championship, and Treehouse live.

The Digital Event WAS indeed bad. That's not to say the content was bad, but the way it was presented was very poor. They should have mentioned Platinum Games was involved in Star Fox: Zero. Yokai Watch should have had a full developer story. They should have shown the Zelda trailer before the title. Blast Ball should have been the opener in the Metroid: FF trailer. Animal Crossing didn't deserve full trailers over Fatal Frame and Devil's Third. They spent WAY too long talking about Yoshi's Woolly World when there is footage of that game everywhere. They barely touched on Fire Emblem: Fates and XCX. Finally, Mario Maker was a poor closer given the amount they showed of the game at the NWCs

Agreed. The presentation was inexcusably flawed in the content that was chosen for it and the information they felt deserved priority. I adore everything about Yoshi's Wooly World and Super Mario Maker so far but those games have had their spotlight and had no business being given developer spotlights. Mother 1 and Ryu announcements should have been saved for the event instead of Skylanders/Donkey Kong and the choice to give the two AC spinoff trailers priority over Fatal Frame and Devil's Third is baffling. Whoever made these decisions need to have their head examined immediately and Nintendo deserve every bit of harsh criticism they've receiving right now for allowing this to happen.

I'll also add that even as from a mostly 3DS gamer standpoint, I wasn't impressed with the line up. I know people were concerned with the 3DS getting paid dust so at least the line up is looking fuller however I couldn't care less about yet MORE Zelda 3DS titles and an awkward looking Mario & Luigi game featuring Paper Mario. AC:HHD getting undeserved attention soured me on it. I'm waiting until we get more footage and info to decide how I feel about the Metroid title. I was already interested in FE:If (don't like the English title btw) and Yokai Watch so I basically wasn't sold anything.

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

nacho_chicken

DefHalan wrote:

I enjoyed the Nintendo E3 Direct. It had more wow moments for me personally than any of the other presentations. (haven't watched PC) I can understand why some people might not like it but I don't understand the hate for the Direct itself. I find hate for nintendo's games generally goes in a circle: Mario 3D World is released, People cry they want new IP. Splatoon is announced, People cry they want Old IP but with new gameplay. Metroid Federation Force is announced, People cry they want classic IPs with their Classic Gameplay. Rinse Repeat.

I am tired of this hate that Nintendo gets when trying to please fans but when other companies do the same stuff we see praise. Microsoft announced a bunch of games that are sequels for their franchises, with basically the same gameplay. Microsoft did fantastic. Sony shows off some games that look interesting and new. Sony gets praised. Nintendo does both at once. Nintendo Sucks. People say it is because they expect more from Nintendo, and that just rubs me the wrong way. If Nintendo really has been disappointing people for all this time, then shouldn't more of their announcements be filled with comments like "Don't care" or "that was surprising" instead of hate? I am really tired, hopefully this rant made sense, to those that actually read it and didn't just see the first sentence and start writing their reply.

You seem like you don't understand how hype the Sony conference was. They announced Shenmue 3, a remake of Final Fantasy VII, and updates on The Last Guardian.

To put that in perspective, that'd be like if we got Mother 3, Dragon Quest VIII 3D, and a new trailer for Zelda U. People were expecting major stuff to be announced after the craziness that happened at the NWC. They were all let down, and rightfully so. If Nintendo did all the Amiibo/Mario Maker/Animal Crossing stuff during the NWC and saved the Smash DLC and EarthBound Beginnings announcements for the Digital Event, I can guarantee people wouldn't have seen it as a flop.

Edited on by nacho_chicken

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.