Forums

Topic: Are We Being Too Harsh on the 2015 Digital Event?

Posts 41 to 60 of 127

LaserdiscGal

To answer the OP, Yes.

What did they expect? We already have plenty of good games that came out this year, and a few on the way; calm down, grow up, and move on

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Barely_able

@kyuubikid213

Most of what you say is true. I'm not even arguing the points, but some of the games seem like cash grabs by using established franchise names. Of course, this isn't a problem unique to Nintendo.

As far as the AC game, it was dumb to present in this format because we had no explanation. I basically thought it was just tapping the amiibo to get story elements. What they should have done is released a full fledged Wii U version where amiibo can transfer homes you design for characters in the new 3DS design game. It would link the two games and create a major up-sell opportunity for the villager cards and amiibo. That would be a pretty cool usage.

It seems like the creativity was wasn't there for a lot of the games that were shown. Even Star Fox is just a mash up of SF2 and 64 versions (still excited for it). But they really went whole hog on creativity last year, so it was only a matter of time. What this really highlighted is how lack of third party support hurts you, but that is another story with too many variables to get into.

Edited on by Barely_able

Barely_able

Blast

Just give it a few weeks and people will eventually get passed this. I'll never forget the VGX awards and how everyone was hyped to see Nintendo deliver... but then showed that Cranky Kong was in Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze and soooo many people were upset and disappointed.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Barely_able

nacho_chicken wrote:

Barely_Able wrote:

nacho_chicken wrote:

It's pretty much impossible to be worse than Nintendo's 2008 E3 Presentation.

...unless you're Microsoft and the year is 2010.

2003 was bad. Pacman VS was the big game! It was brutal.

Two words: Wii Music.

At least that created some classic gif material!

Barely_able

MsJubilee

fed0ra7 wrote:

ZeroZX-Dev wrote:

Yes.
People really need to chill.
Look, I understand this year was blatant filler born out of an attempt to provide at least something this year other than the games we already knew about, but these reactions are incredibly disproportionate and super mellow dramatic.
I mean look at this: https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-petition-for-cancelation-of...
Pure entitlement and blind rage wrapped up into one horrid petition. Not to mention the social media and YouTube meltdowns... Good lord.

Oh boy. We've hopped off "harsh" and jumped straight to "down-right pathetic" at this point...
I get it. Metroid is a big franchise, and people love it. A lot. But we've seen, like, a minute of this game. People need to stop with this ridiculousness,

it's not terrible it's just disappointing we didn't expect this so what can you do? Nothing just wait until the anger dies off, and now we know Nintendo won't pull anything like this ever again cause they got hate from everyone including me.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Barely_able

Blast wrote:

Just give it a few weeks and people will eventually get passed this. I'll never forget the VGX awards and how everyone was hyped to see Nintendo deliver... but then showed that Cranky Kong was in Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze and soooo many people were upset and disappointed.

There will probably be a direct in August or October that will reveal some of the games people wanted (HD remakes, ports, lesser franchises), so the core Nintendo fan will forget this. What seems to be clear is that Nintendo is shifting to NX/mobile soon and they are probably holding out the big franchises for that. When Reggie kept talking transformation so early with no real connection to the direct (I know it sort of led in from star fox and connected with the Mario maker mushroom changes), it felt like they were prepping everyone for a dramatic shift (be that major mobile focus or one dedicated hardware platform for mobile/console).

Barely_able

Barely_able

TwilightAngel wrote:

Well, Iwata apologized almost immediately after the conference so I guess they got the memo immediately.

Barely_able

-Green-

I'm actually gonna keep track of the Metroid Prime Spin-Off Cancellation Petition, just for the fun of it. So far they have passed the 2500 mark.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Blast

Barely_Able wrote:

Blast wrote:

There will probably be a direct in August or October that will reveal some of the games people wanted (HD remakes, ports, lesser franchises), so the core Nintendo fan will forget this. What seems to be clear is that Nintendo is shifting to NX/mobile soon and they are probably holding out the big franchises for that. When Reggie kept talking transformation so early with no real connection to the direct (I know it sort of led in from star fox and connected with the Mario maker mushroom changes), it felt like they were prepping everyone for a dramatic shift (be that major mobile focus or one dedicated hardware platform for mobile/console).

Agreed. Its just the Digtal Event was the perfect place and perfect timing to announce those hidden cool projects. They just really blew it.

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

Morpheel wrote:

I have to admit I had never seen the fans being so irrational over a handful of new games.

You gotta admit... That Animal Crossing Amiibo Party was literally NOTHING that NOBODY asked for. Very disappointed by that.

Master of the Hype Train

Okapi

Blast wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

I have to admit I had never seen the fans being so irrational over a handful of new games.

You gotta admit... That Animal Crossing Amiibo Party was literally NOTHING that NOBODY asked for. Very disappointed by that.

...But hey, the fact that you don't all ride in the same car with each other pretty much guarantees that it'll be better than Mario Party 10.

Okapi

Eel

I'm not too fond on the amiibo carnival.... But we really know nothing about it besides the fact that it's an AC spinoff and it plays like a board game.

I actually feel it might end up being free to make people buy the AC amiibo.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Joeynator3000

fed0ra7 wrote:

Blast wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

...But hey, the fact that you don't all ride in the same car with each other pretty much guarantees that it'll be better than Mario Party 10.

.....lol. Maybe I'll look into that game then, never thought about that. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Jacob717

Blast wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

I remember people were asking Nintendo to make a game that revolves around amiibo. So, "Animal Crossing amiibo Festival" is the game that those people asked for.

Jacob717

iKhan

fed0ra7 wrote:

Nintendo said they'd be focusing on 2015 titles. We already knew that, we've known it for a month now. We already know most of the titles they've been working on this year, and yet we expected Metroids and F-Zeros and another glimmer of hope in the form of another look at that HD Zelda game (Whcih was explicitly stated not to be appearing at E3). Instead we got... Well, not that stuff. But is that Nintendo's fault, or is it our's?

Let me clarify here: I think we overhyped ourselves into thinking that this event would be as groundbreaking as last year's. But how, I ask, could Nintendo compete with last year's presentation, if all the titles being showcased were games we already knew about? Not every year can be filled with Smash hype and amiibos, folks. I think, if we weren't expecting so much from the Digital Event, we'd all be happier with the outcome. They did show some pretty neat and intuitive stuff, give them that, at least. The Wii U isn't in it's prime anymore, so of course there aren't as many hype games to be excited about.

So instead of blindly hating on this year's Nintendo presentation simply for not being last year's presentation, let's put those memories aside and appreciate what we got.

So I have noticed some people were getting overhyped, but I explicitly tried not to overset my expectations. I knew Next Level would be showing something interesting, and I knew Camelot would either show a sports game or Golden Sun.

The problem is that Nintendo dipped BELOW my low expectation. It seriously almost felt like a joke

Further more, Nintendo pushed a lot hype themselves. With some really cool content in the Nintendo Direct Mini, the Smash Direct, and the Nintendo World Championships, I think a lot of people expected something big in the official event. Otherwise they wouldn't have had to offload those big announcements outside hte event.

Look, I try to differentiate between "unimpressive" and "not for me". But a lot of Nintendo's event had a lot in the former category. If they had 2 sports games and Animal Crossing U, I could say "I'm happy for fans of this things, but those aren't my cup of tea". But Zelda, Metroid, and Animal Crossing: Amiibo Scam look flat up uninteresting

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Eel

Not too long ago, I also saw some people discussing how it would be nice to get a multiplayer Metroid. Or one that tells stories from the same universe, away from Samus.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

iKhan

Jason723 wrote:

Blast wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

I remember people were asking Nintendo to make a game that revolves around amiibo. So, "Animal Crossing amiibo Festival" is the game that those people asked for.

When I say that, I mean I want a game that justifies the existence of Amiibo. Not a game that creates giant paywalls.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Aozz101x

The Good

• Star Fox, was annouced looked awesome
  • Animal Crossing HHD is really looking much better
  • that Zelda game for 3ds is pretty cool too
  • Paper Mario x Mario & Luigi was pretty good
  • Fire Emblem If and SMT x FE
  • Xenoblade gets a release date
  • Skylanders with Amiibo is pretty cool!
  • Puppets from Digital Event was silly

The Bad

• Animal Crossing for Wii U is a Party Game now (i really want to try it, i keep looking at that trailer see if i could like that trailer, i still want to know more about it before i give my final thought on it)
  • Devil's Third not Mention (i'm really UPSET about it, i wish they gave us a date or trailer but no nothing happens, i'll be REALLY MAD if they never show anything and Better have a Good reason why,)
  • Lazyness in the Japan Direct (i mean just look at it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npWedSd8PH4, They couldnt take a min to change and translate the dates, and it really confused Japan People, isnt Xenoblade and Yo-Kai Watch already out in Japan? Animal Crossing HHD comes out in Japan July along with Yoshi,) i never watched the japan digital event in japan until today. and the directs where more better then this in japan, :/

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.