Showing 81 to 100 of 2,631

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

81. Posted:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

KennyPowers wrote:

Last year, everyone (journalists, media, fans, etc) viewed no E3 conference by Nintendo as them bending over and admitting that they couldn't compete with Xbox or Sony, and they weren't even going to try. That feeling still exists in the industry.

So how is skipping doing one again (which appears to be the case) going to benefit them this year?

It's all about optics. It's like how the Oscars only broadcasts the 'important' awards on TV (Sony/Xbox) while a bunch of technical and secondary awards (Nintendo) are done the night before with a tiny audience. Those other awards might be important too, but because they aren't deemed good enough to be handed out on TV, people assume they are crap.

Right on the money here. The big deal about having a presentation is being able to market themselves effectively to a larger audience, and Nintendo desperately needs that right now. Sticking with a livestream that only hardcore Nintendo fans would really be interested in watching doesn't really do that, it pretty much secures their status as a niche developer that the rest of the industry doesn't take seriously.

Who is this magical audience that watches the conferences and doesn't go to gaming sites?

Are they the same ones that were gonna buy a next gen console at launch for reasons other than gaming?

I didn't say they don't go to gaming sites, they don't go to Nintendo sites.

but gaming sites already bring up Nintendo

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

82. Posted:

2Sang wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Nintendo already lost E3.

While likely unfortunately, it's not true yet. I still have some faith that Iwata has something big planned. If not, he's as good as gone.

Somehow I really doubt that Iwata is going to get fired, if E3 doesn't match your expectations. Especially if you're seriously not considering what we already know to be "something big."

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

MikeLove

83. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

KennyPowers wrote:

Last year, everyone (journalists, media, fans, etc) viewed no E3 conference by Nintendo as them bending over and admitting that they couldn't compete with Xbox or Sony, and they weren't even going to try. That feeling still exists in the industry.

So how is skipping doing one again (which appears to be the case) going to benefit them this year?

It's all about optics. It's like how the Oscars only broadcasts the 'important' awards on TV (Sony/Xbox) while a bunch of technical and secondary awards (Nintendo) are done the night before with a tiny audience. Those other awards might be important too, but because they aren't deemed good enough to be handed out on TV, people assume they are crap.

Right on the money here. The big deal about having a presentation is being able to market themselves effectively to a larger audience, and Nintendo desperately needs that right now. Sticking with a livestream that only hardcore Nintendo fans would really be interested in watching doesn't really do that, it pretty much secures their status as a niche developer that the rest of the industry doesn't take seriously.

Who is this magical audience that watches the conferences and doesn't go to gaming sites?

Are they the same ones that were gonna buy a next gen console at launch for reasons other than gaming?

It's the perception. By Nintendo not sharing the stage with the other guys, it makes them look weaker and not confident in their product. If you don't believe me, why don't you go back and read some of the articles or watch video commentaries from last year where game journalists said it was a huge mistake? And guess what? They were right. And Nintendo's E3 direct reveals were VERY underwhelming last year, which lead credence to the argument that they knew they couldn't compete with the other guys, so they avoided a conference. Now it looks like they feel the same way again.

On the other hand, if Nintendo did do a presentation and blew the other guys away with amazing software and brought the audience to their feet, the articles and videos following the conference would echo those feeling and create more positive vibes.

*And no, Apple is in no way comparable to Nintendo, so please don't bring up the argument 'but Apple has their own conferences and they get coverage!' because Nintendo isn't even in the same stratosphere as them.

Edited on by MikeLove

MikeLove

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

84. Posted:

Maybe? But the big problem last year wasn't that it wasn't a conference. It was that it was ungodly boring and had terrible presentation. People don't like the conferences just because they are a conference, they like them for the excitement factor.

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

85. Posted:

This has been doing the rounds online source code from the Nintendo E3 page, could be more announced then we first thought though this should remain rumor for now.
Untitled

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

86. Posted:

@Jazzer: I saw that earlier. The Italian IGN site claimed it's to help Google index key words, so it's still a rumor. However, Nintendo has recently removed those words shortly after they were discovered.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

afro_insomniac

87. Posted:

I love the direct presentations and feel they get right to the point with showing games/the meat of the presentation.

Gaming journalists feel shafted because they don't get first dibs on the news, so what?

Nintendo is getting news directly to those that want it the most (Nintendo fans) and eventually to the masses (via said shafted journalists).

afro_insomniac

AuthorMessage

MikeLove

88. Posted:

That 'new Nintendo system', if true, may just end up being an announcement of a new colour or Smash Bros edition Wii-U or 3DS, so I'm keeping my expectations in check.

MikeLove

AuthorMessage

Bolt_Strike

89. Posted:

@kkslider5552000 They need a better marketing then.

@Jazzer94 I also see "Wii at E3", and unless that's some kind of shorthand for Wii U, I wouldn't exactly trust that.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage

Bolt_Strike

90. Posted:

@Jazzer94 I also see "Wii at E3", and unless that's some kind of shorthand for Wii U, I wouldn't exactly trust that.

Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

91. Posted:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

this has been apparent for a while

AuthorMessage

Guitardude7

92. Posted:

That "new system" is absolutely and most definitely their QOL platform. People have seem to forget about that.

Guitardude7

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

93. Posted:

@DestinyMan @Bolt_Strike I did say rumor though this could be QOL for all we know (But that is just speculation on my part).

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

Ryno

94. Posted:

The "new nintendo system" actually means they are going to start marketing the Wii U and just start over like it's brand new since no one actually knows about it.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Bolt_Strike

95. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

The "new nintendo system" actually means they are going to start marketing the Wii U and just start over like it's brand new since no one actually knows about it.

You win. LOL

Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

96. Posted:

@Bolt_Strike
Watch the video from 3:15 - 3:30. It says the Nintendo Treehouse will be doing the live stream of new stuff on the show floor.

EDIT: Also, watch 4:20 - 4:30. The Digital Event is showing new stuff, too.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

97. Posted:

Blast wrote:

LOL let's judge E3 AFTER E3 happens, okay?

This.

I'm giving Nintendo the benefit of the doubt. They want to try something different from the "traditional" press conference, and I think it could be big

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

98. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Nintendo already lost E3.

Um...

shingi_70 wrote:

I was skeptical but Nintendo's back baby. insert Smash bros theme

Untitled

Contradiction?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Swiket

99. Posted:

I'm extremely excited but it's going to be terrible

I had fun once and it was awful.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4964-0323

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

100. Posted:

Let's not forget that Nintendo will be revealing new Wii U games that will heavily use NFC.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan