Forums

Topic: The All-Encompassing E3 2014 Thread

Posts 81 to 100 of 2,161

Ryno

I think I would like something really close to that tech demo style. I wasn't the biggest fan of Skyward Sword's style.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

cookiex

Being close to the tech demo is my best (and only) guess, though historically there's been major aesthetic differences between the tech demos and the games themselves.

Untitled
Untitled

_
Untitled
Untitled

_
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

19Robb92

shingi_70 wrote:

So regarding Zelda U what are you guys hoping it looks like.

I'd like the WiiU Demo style with brighter colors, and of course a differently designed Link. As long as they make something that can stand the test of time, unlike Twilight Princess, I'll be happy.

Though I personally don't want any style that tries to go for realism. Would ruin the feel of the game.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

LzWinky

I'd rather it not look like Twilight Princess. Zelda games are known to be colorful and vibrant like Skyward Sword.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

cookiex

Skyward Sword's problem for me wasn't the choice of art-style itself (it was a rather nice change of pace), it's just that I don't think Wii's hardware was enough to fully realize it. Wind Waker on the other hand had just the right hardware to look as good and hold up as well as it did.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

Joeynator3000

Like I said I'm wanting to see a realistic Zelda again on the Wii U, but at the same time Skyward Sword's visuals fits the series perfectly.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Jazzer94

I really hope it looks like the tech demo as I felt they nailed the balance in design.
Untitled

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

shingi_70

Well Katsuya Terada did the art for the Ogrinal Legend of Zelda and its pretty gritty all things considered.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/sets/7215763468...

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

I wouldn't mind something very old school animish like the Zelda II manual art or Phantasy Star inspired.
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-EVuC5rmv_DA/TlsyCwCPdjI/AAAAAAAAHPw/gd32eYaOJcM/s1600/zelda+2+helmethead+jamafensa.jpg[/img
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

SparkOfSpirit

^You could have posted the manual art for the first NES game as a counterpoint.

Zelda Wii U will look better than the tech demo. All the Zelda games since the N64 have looked way better than the tech demos. This will be no different.

Edited on by SparkOfSpirit

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

DefHalan

shingi_70 wrote:

I want it to look like Skyward Sword, only a lot more clear. The tech demo looks great just kinda bland to me

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

cookiex

Kodeen wrote:

I don't really care about the art style as long as they don't use as much bloom as they did in Skyward Sword. That game was painful to look at for more than an hour at a time.

Nintendo's moved past the "bloom everything" phase.

Now they're all HD LIGHTS BRAH

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

OdnetninAges

Mizore wrote:

lol, I want Rhythm Heaven on the big screen. xD

You and me both, buddy.

It'd be cool if the original GBA Rhythm Tengoku got released on the Wii U VC, too.

If Sin & Punishment and Super Mario Bros. 2: The Lost Levels can get onto NA VC, why not Rhythm Tengoku?

I'd also say Mother 3, but my friend who absolutely loves Mother 3 says it's impossible due to the "downright copyright infringing music".

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Jazzer94

cookiex wrote:

Kodeen wrote:

I don't really care about the art style as long as they don't use as much bloom as they did in Skyward Sword. That game was painful to look at for more than an hour at a time.

Nintendo's moved past the "bloom everything" phase.

Now they're all HD LIGHTS BRAH

And Dem particle effects.
Untitled

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Joeynator3000

OdnetninAges wrote:

Mizore wrote:

lol, I want Rhythm Heaven on the big screen. xD

You and me both, buddy.

It'd be cool if the original GBA Rhythm Tengoku got released on the Wii U VC, too.

If Sin & Punishment and Super Mario Bros. 2: The Lost Levels can get onto NA VC, why not Rhythm Tengoku?

I'd also say Mother 3, but my friend who absolutely loves Mother 3 says it's impossible due to the "downright copyright infringing music".

Same reason why Mother 2 never got onto the Wii U's VC huh?...Oh wait...

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Bolt_Strike

Okay, well add Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire to the list of likely candidates to appear at E3 (in fact, I'd say they're almost certainly showing up this year). I don't think it'll be as big a news blowout as XY (seeing as it's not a new generation game and they're not as far along in the development pipeline), but I still think they're going to have some neat things to show. The announcement trailer seems to imply this is not your usual remake, there may be some huge changes to the game such as a revamped storyline, new Pokemon in the Hoenn Dex, new Mega Evolutions, new areas in the region, etc. We'll probably see a little of that at E3.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

blaisedinsd

I don't see why threads about the new hardware rumor are locked. That is well deserving of it's own thread unless there is a policy against rumor topics.

I tried to look through this thread for discussion on this topic but it's a mess, the forum would be more organized if all E3 discussion was not forced in to a single thread.....

Anyway the hardware rumor, I too heard it on the IGN NVC podcast. I defintiely do not think it's a new platform or third pillar or QOL product. It's related to Wii U or 3DS.

It could be:
1. Wii U 3DS player
2. 3DS revision, likely a 2DS XL type of thing
3. a gamecube esque controller
4. The gamepadless Wii U

I think they would be wise to do #4....a lower cost Wii U console, the Wii HD or something. It would sort of be a third pillar I guess actually. They don't have any issue slapping "also plays on 2DS" stickers on a bunch of 3DS games. The Mario Kart 8 bundle is a good value if you consider how much it would cost to buy all that stuff individually but a $330 SKU is not going to help boost sales to anyone except a few people who have been holding out to buy a console till kart comes out. They need to get to the lower price point. This would be the smartest thing to do even if technically you could also say this would not be new hardware.

A 3DS revision.....the 3D screen tech is something they lost a patent suit on and the probably want to move further away from 3D. The 2DS is aimed as an entry level more kid friendly device and it has had success. I think the best selling model is the 3DS XL and if they made a high end version of the console aimed at people who simply don't like or want 3D and can get all the benefits and simply save themselves and nintendo money by dropping the 3D. This would be a good move and I think it's a good possibility and it would be an even stronger signal that 3D is dead weight to Nintendo and something they are moving away from.

Wii U 3DS/DS player. Not likely. Not going to happen. It might be nice to have for some but it won't boost Wii U sales and probably would not be significant for 3DS software sales either and could canibalize plans for DS virtual console releases.

A smash bros/gamecube controller. This is basically a PR move but the move to have a smash invitational and the focus on Smash at E3 make me think more about this possibility but I still don't think it's very likely. Although they could introduce analog triggers with this allowing Gamecube virutal console to be an easier nut to crack.

Edited on by blaisedinsd

SW-7087-5868-6390

19Robb92

blaisedinsd wrote:

I don't see why threads about the new hardware rumor are locked. That is well deserving of it's own thread unless there is a policy against rumor topics.

That rumor got debunked by Nintendo.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

JoyBoy

19Robb92 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

I'd like the WiiU Demo style with brighter colors, and of course a differently designed Link. As long as they make something that can stand the test of time, unlike Twilight Princess, I'll be happy.

Though I personally don't want any style that tries to go for realism. Would ruin the feel of the game.

But that's the problem with the tech demo isn't it? It goes for realism like TP, it won't stand the test of time.
Give me something colorful and expressive like WW which isn't limited by realism. BTW, many people keep asking ; will it be like the tech demo? But didn't they already confirm it wouldn't? (I need source)

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

blaisedinsd

19Robb92 wrote:

blaisedinsd wrote:

That rumor got debunked by Nintendo.

That story only sayse they deny a new console will be revealed. New hardware is what the rumor actually was. That link does not deny new hardware in the forms that I speculated about.

SW-7087-5868-6390

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.