General Discussion Forum

Topic: The All-Encompassing E3 2014 Thread

Showing 101 to 120 of 2,631

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

101. Posted:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Blast wrote:

LOL let's judge E3 AFTER E3 happens, okay?

This.

I'm giving Nintendo the benefit of the doubt. They want to try something different from the "traditional" press conference, and I think it could be big

Nintendo tried something different last year and it was pretty terrible.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

parkerjames

102. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

To those worrying about Smash Bros. dominating this year's E3 for Nintendo, remember that Nintendo is keeping other big-name games hidden until it's time.

Exactly my thought

parkerjames

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

103. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Blast wrote:

This.

I'm giving Nintendo the benefit of the doubt. They want to try something different from the "traditional" press conference, and I think it could be big

I still don't get what was so terrible about last year aside from the lack of surprises. I thought last year was a pretty awesome break from the norm.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

104. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Blast wrote:

This.

How was it any different to us?

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

2Sang

105. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

2Sang wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Nintendo already lost E3.

While likely unfortunately, it's not true yet. I still have some faith that Iwata has something big planned. If not, he's as good as gone.

Somehow I really doubt that Iwata is going to get fired, if E3 doesn't match your expectations. Especially if you're seriously not considering what we already know to be "something big."

I'm thinking Iwata's on some thin ice right now, and within a year if he doesn't come up with a way to print money, global warming will get to him.

EDIT: And what would that something big be? Smash? Smash has been revealed for almost 4 years now, it shouldn't count because it's far from the first time we've seen it. For Reggie sake, we just had a 40 minute direct for it with hundreds of screenshots.

Edited on by 2Sang

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter: DJ2Sang

AuthorMessage

2Sang

106. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Blast wrote:

This.

I still don't get what was so terrible about last year aside from the lack of surprises. I thought last year was a pretty awesome break from the norm.

Provided there's no lag or freezes, it'll be fine, but knowing what happened last year, eh hopefully they learned their lesson.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter: DJ2Sang

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

107. Posted:

I don't remember them using Youtube last year, and Youtube Directs have been mostly lag free

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

108. Posted:

Unca_Lz wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Blast wrote:

This.

How was it any different to us?

It wasn't. They put out the same info as they would with an E3 conference. BTW, rhetorical question, I know, but still. I don't get the complaints about having a "proper" E3. Most people who watch E3, are keeping up with game reveals and news, anyway.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

109. Posted:

With that in mind, do we really need the press after watching the conferences? The only reason we would need them is when they are covering the demos?

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

AuthorMessage

SparkOfSpirit

110. Posted:

I enjoyed the Direct just as much as I had watching a normal conference. What I especially liked were the individual game Directs released after the main one. It beats having to waiting for the press to cover them.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

AuthorMessage

Blast

111. Posted:

I can't be the only guy who thinks this is a great situation and Nintendo is being so carefree and jolly about this is because they know they have some awesome stuff to show????

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

112. Posted:

Blast wrote:

I can't be the only guy who thinks this is a great situation and Nintendo is being so carefree and jolly about this is because they know they have some awesome stuff to show????

A quick scan of this page shows that you are not. Unca__Lz, myself, and SCAR seem to be really behind this decision, too.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

113. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

Blast wrote:

A quick scan of this page shows that you are not. Unca__Lz, myself, and SCAR seem to be really behind this decision, too.

Add me to that list lol

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

Blast

114. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Blast wrote:

Add me to that list lol

Hahaha awesome :D

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

115. Posted:

Unca_Lz wrote:

With that in mind, do we really need the press after watching the conferences? The only reason we would need them is when they are covering the demos?

I tend to like the color commentary that the IGN pre and post shows tend to provide. I really like Ganetrailers demos and interview between confrences.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

116. Posted:

Blast wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Blast wrote:

Add me to that list lol

Hahaha awesome :D

I like it as well I just find it more fun to be the counterpoint to the hype.

Last years was terrible bexusse the stream was crap,and we knew everything that was coming.

This time we know a lot but don't know anything about them and its a lot of interesting stuff. I mean who doesn't want to see more of X and see if pokken fighters is a thing.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

117. Posted:

@Shingi_70 Ah. Fair enough. I'd be lying, if I said being devil's advocate so often was just a coincidence, for me, so I get where you're coming from.

AuthorMessage

skywake

118. Posted:

Just going through the posts here, a couple of things stand out. Firstly this.......

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Nowhere in this description or anywhere else in their E3 plans for that matter is there any mention of new games.

ignores the whole plot of the entire video that they used to announce their conference. Dude please, RTFA. I wonder why all of the people who posted first were all positive and all of the people who came to the thread later were all "it's E3 2013 all over again!". Oh that's right, the people who posted first actually WATCHED the video.

Jazzer94 wrote:

This has been doing the rounds online source code from the Nintendo E3 page, could be more announced then we first thought though this should remain rumor for now.
Untitled

As others have said this is just there to get the site to show up in people's searches. It also has Wii at e3, you think they'll show new Wii content? Probably not. You think that Nintendo will want people searching for wii to land on that site? Definitely.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

119. Posted:

I loved that silly video. Here's hoping for a great Digital Event.

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage

Bolt_Strike

120. Posted:

skywake wrote:

Just going through the posts here, a couple of things stand out. Firstly this.......

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Nowhere in this description or anywhere else in their E3 plans for that matter is there any mention of new games.

ignores the whole plot of the entire video that they used to announce their conference. Dude please, RTFA. I wonder why all of the people who posted first were all positive and all of the people who came to the thread later were all "it's E3 2013 all over again!". Oh that's right, the people who posted first actually WATCHED the video.

Yes, we've established this at this point. Way to beat that horse to a bloody pulp. Regardless, the point remains that there's a lot of previously announced games and hinted games already in development, so I think it still probably will end up like 2013 to a lesser extent. Maybe we'll get one or two surprises if we're lucky, but there are FAR too many games that we already know about that we're still waiting on, I don't think they have much room for a lot of new announcements.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike