Forums

Topic: The All-Encompassing E3 2014 Thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 2,161

Joeynator3000

blaisedinsd wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

blaisedinsd wrote:

I don't see why threads about the new hardware rumor are locked. That is well deserving of it's own thread unless there is a policy against rumor topics.

That rumor got debunked by Nintendo.

That story only sayse they deny a new console will be revealed. New hardware is what the rumor actually was. That link does not deny new hardware in the forms that I speculated about.

Right from NL's article's quote.
"I can confirm Nintendo is not revealing any hardware at this year's E3."

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/05/nintendo_quashes_rum...

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

LzWinky

blaisedinsd wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

blaisedinsd wrote:

I don't see why threads about the new hardware rumor are locked. That is well deserving of it's own thread unless there is a policy against rumor topics.

That rumor got debunked by Nintendo.

That story only sayse they deny a new console will be revealed. New hardware is what the rumor actually was. That link does not deny new hardware in the forms that I speculated about.

We also have two active e3 threads that rumors can be posted on

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Blast

I want Zelda U to look very similar to the tech demo. That looked freaking amazing.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

jariw

blaisedinsd wrote:

4. The gamepadless Wii U

How would that work? How would games like Pikmin 3, Lego City Undercover, Zombie U, Nintendo Land, Game & Wario, Deus Ex, SM3DW (the Toad levels), Affordable Space Adventures be played? Or for games where the player would only get half the gaming experience, like in Rayman Legends or Scram Kitty?

Edited on by jariw

jariw

GerudoKing

jariw wrote:

blaisedinsd wrote:

4. The gamepadless Wii U

How would that work? How would games like Pikmin 3, Lego City Undercover, Zombie U, Nintendo Land, Game & Wario, Deus Ex, SM3DW (the Toad levels), Affordable Space Adventures be played? Or for games where the player would only get half the gaming experience, like in Rayman Legends or Scram Kitty?

Yeah, there's no way they're going to sell a Wii U without the gamepad.

GerudoKing

Henmii

"I'd also say Mother 3, but my friend who absolutely loves Mother 3 says it's impossible due to the "downright copyright infringing music""

That's what they said about Earthbound, but when it recently came to the VC someone from Nintendo said this was never a problem.

Sometimes you hear very strange things. I always heard that the GBA couldn't do the Fuzzy levels from Yoshi's island. But it seems the gba version of Yoshi's island DOES have those levels! How do these stories come into the world?

Henmii

OmegaMetroid93

I really hope the Zelda has the artstyle from the tech demo. I thought it looked phenonenal. Then again, I'm sure whatever they do will be great. The only thing I don't want to see is Toon Link. We've already seen him so many times.

OmegaMetroid93

LzWinky

For those who were worried, Nintendo still has "Yarn Yoshi" and "SMT x FE" on their upcoming games list from the investors' meeting

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

19Robb92

Spanjard wrote:

But that's the problem with the tech demo isn't it? It goes for realism like TP, it won't stand the test of time.
Give me something colorful and expressive like WW which isn't limited by realism. BTW, many people keep asking ; will it be like the tech demo? But didn't they already confirm it wouldn't? (I need source)

I wouldn't call TP realistic looking by any means. It pretty much just looks like a medieval anime. Realism is more of a background theme in the Zelda games.

The problem with TP's visuals is that they look washed out and don't "hide" pixelation. Which makes it age terribly.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

SparkOfSpirit

Unca_Lz wrote:

For those who were worried, Nintendo still has "Yarn Yoshi" and "SMT x FE" on their upcoming games list from the investors' meeting

Yep, no cancellation. Good. So want that one.

Edited on by SparkOfSpirit

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

skywake

blaisedinsd wrote:

4. The gamepadless Wii U
I think they would be wise to do #4....

A dog with a bone, a glutton for punishment, a one trick pony. Wasn't your 30-something page thread with you against the world enough? Give it up already. It ain't happening.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

MuchoMochi

Unca_Lz wrote:

Where can I find the list, is there anyway for the public to view it??

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

Dreamz

skywake wrote:

blaisedinsd wrote:

4. The gamepadless Wii U
I think they would be wise to do #4....

A dog with a bone, a glutton for punishment, a one trick pony. Wasn't your 30-something page thread with you against the world enough? Give it up already. It ain't happening.

I don't know, selling a crippled version of the console that isn't compatible with a large number of its games seems like a brilliant move. I'm sure Sony and MS wouldn't see it coming, though they may offer to let Nintendo reload after they finish emptying their clips into their feet...

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

kkslider5552000

"Nintendo has said they are actively trying to incorporate more Gamepad elements into future titles, so that means they should sell the console without a gamepad."

At least when Nintendo released 2DS, it was a product that took away an already optional feature.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

LzWinky

MuchoMochi wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Where can I find the list, is there anyway for the public to view it??

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=227831

blaisedinsd

jariw wrote:

blaisedinsd wrote:

4. The gamepadless Wii U

Pikmin3 and SM3DW can be played with out the gamepad.

Lego City and Zombi U could be patched or remaing playable only if you have a gamepad.

NintendoLand and Game and Wario and Wii Party U would only be playabel with a game pad.

Rayman Legends can be played with out a gamepad (it is on 360 and PS3).

Any game that supports off TV play pretty much can be played with out the gamepad (it's a single screen game and mic, gyro, touchscreen are never game defining features so far)

90% plus of the Wii U library can be played with out a gamepad either now or with a simple software patch.

You think you are protecting the Wii U gamepad, you bought it, you raised it, but it is not helping the Wii U now. It is holding it back.
If Nintendo doesn't free the Wii U to succeed with and with out the gamepad and keeps it's success chained to the gamepad they are simply being stubborn and foolish. The gamepad is an anchor that is dragging the console down. The console has been out how long and this E3 is the one where they are finally going to make the gamepad in to something useful that justifies them having to selll the console for and extra $120 than they would other wise? If you truly believe that you must have some sprixie dust your not telling us about.

Half the gaming experience? LOL. The gamepad is not half the gaming experience in any Wii U title. Well in Nintendoland it basically is the experience and that game only succeeds with it's multiplayer experiences. Lego City and Zombi U were the best efforts to utilize the gamepad and they do a better job than Nintendo in many regards but the little the gamepad actually adds to the game I would trade in a heart beat to be able to play them off TV. What about no Wii U experience for those who think it costs too much or who have no interest in or actively hate the gamepad?

List of games that support OFF TV play

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Off-TV_Play#List_of_Off-TV_Play_...

List of games that support the pro controller

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_U_games_that_use_the...

Why exactly does every console sold have to have this super expensive and under utilized controller?

Edited on by blaisedinsd

SW-7087-5868-6390

cookiex

blaisedinsd wrote:

Pikmin3 and SM3DW can be played with out the gamepad.

Some levels in SM3DW do require the GamePad.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

OmegaMetroid93

Even if not entire games require the gamepad, the fact that a console without the gamepad would make sections of a game unplayable makes it a REALLY dumb move to release a gamepad-less version of the WiiU.

OmegaMetroid93

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.