General Discussion Forum

Topic: The All-Encompassing E3 2014 Thread

Showing 101 to 120 of 2,610

AuthorMessage
UGXwolf

UGXwolf

101. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Blast wrote:

LOL let's judge E3 AFTER E3 happens, okay?

This.

I'm giving Nintendo the benefit of the doubt. They want to try something different from the "traditional" press conference, and I think it could be big

Nintendo tried something different last year and it was pretty terrible.

I still don't get what was so terrible about last year aside from the lack of surprises. I thought last year was a pretty awesome break from the norm.

A nifty calendar (Updated 7/23/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

AuthorMessage
LztheQuackAdmin

LztheQuack

102. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Blast wrote:

LOL let's judge E3 AFTER E3 happens, okay?

This.

I'm giving Nintendo the benefit of the doubt. They want to try something different from the "traditional" press conference, and I think it could be big

Nintendo tried something different last year and it was pretty terrible.

How was it any different to us?

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Fire Emblem! Enough said! TINGLE_loggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
2Sang

2Sang

103. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

2Sang wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Nintendo already lost E3.

While likely unfortunately, it's not true yet. I still have some faith that Iwata has something big planned. If not, he's as good as gone.

Somehow I really doubt that Iwata is going to get fired, if E3 doesn't match your expectations. Especially if you're seriously not considering what we already know to be "something big."

I'm thinking Iwata's on some thin ice right now, and within a year if he doesn't come up with a way to print money, global warming will get to him.

EDIT: And what would that something big be? Smash? Smash has been revealed for almost 4 years now, it shouldn't count because it's far from the first time we've seen it. For Reggie sake, we just had a 40 minute direct for it with hundreds of screenshots.

Edited on by 2Sang

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
2Sang

2Sang

104. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Blast wrote:

LOL let's judge E3 AFTER E3 happens, okay?

This.

I'm giving Nintendo the benefit of the doubt. They want to try something different from the "traditional" press conference, and I think it could be big

Nintendo tried something different last year and it was pretty terrible.

I still don't get what was so terrible about last year aside from the lack of surprises. I thought last year was a pretty awesome break from the norm.

Provided there's no lag or freezes, it'll be fine, but knowing what happened last year, eh hopefully they learned their lesson.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
LztheQuackAdmin

LztheQuack

105. Posted:

I don't remember them using Youtube last year, and Youtube Directs have been mostly lag free

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Fire Emblem! Enough said! TINGLE_loggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
SCAR392

SCAR392

106. Posted:

Unca_Lz wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Blast wrote:

LOL let's judge E3 AFTER E3 happens, okay?

This.

I'm giving Nintendo the benefit of the doubt. They want to try something different from the "traditional" press conference, and I think it could be big

Nintendo tried something different last year and it was pretty terrible.

How was it any different to us?

It wasn't. They put out the same info as they would with an E3 conference. BTW, rhetorical question, I know, but still. I don't get the complaints about having a "proper" E3. Most people who watch E3, are keeping up with game reveals and news, anyway.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
LztheQuackAdmin

LztheQuack

107. Posted:

With that in mind, do we really need the press after watching the conferences? The only reason we would need them is when they are covering the demos?

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Fire Emblem! Enough said! TINGLE_loggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
SparkOfSpirit

SparkOfSpirit

108. Posted:

I enjoyed the Direct just as much as I had watching a normal conference. What I especially liked were the individual game Directs released after the main one. It beats having to waiting for the press to cover them.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

AuthorMessage
Blast

Blast

109. Posted:

I can't be the only guy who thinks this is a great situation and Nintendo is being so carefree and jolly about this is because they know they have some awesome stuff to show????

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 eventually.

Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
UGXwolf

UGXwolf

110. Posted:

Blast wrote:

I can't be the only guy who thinks this is a great situation and Nintendo is being so carefree and jolly about this is because they know they have some awesome stuff to show????

A quick scan of this page shows that you are not. Unca__Lz, myself, and SCAR seem to be really behind this decision, too.

A nifty calendar (Updated 7/23/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

AuthorMessage
DefHalan

DefHalan

111. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

Blast wrote:

I can't be the only guy who thinks this is a great situation and Nintendo is being so carefree and jolly about this is because they know they have some awesome stuff to show????

A quick scan of this page shows that you are not. Unca__Lz, myself, and SCAR seem to be really behind this decision, too.

Add me to that list lol

Krystal (Star Fox) for Smash!!!!!
Owned Amiibo: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Toad, Bowser, Pac-Man, Mega Man, Sonic, Ike, Samus, Rosalina, Fox, Kirby, Jigglypuff, Greninja, Lucario, Charizard, Link, Zelda, Shiek, Toon Link, Inkling Girl, Inkling Boy, Inkling Squid

Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
Blast

Blast

112. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Blast wrote:

I can't be the only guy who thinks this is a great situation and Nintendo is being so carefree and jolly about this is because they know they have some awesome stuff to show????

A quick scan of this page shows that you are not. Unca__Lz, myself, and SCAR seem to be really behind this decision, too.

Add me to that list lol

Hahaha awesome :D

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 eventually.

Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
shingi_70

shingi_70

113. Posted:

Unca_Lz wrote:

With that in mind, do we really need the press after watching the conferences? The only reason we would need them is when they are covering the demos?

I tend to like the color commentary that the IGN pre and post shows tend to provide. I really like Ganetrailers demos and interview between confrences.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
shingi_70

shingi_70

114. Posted:

Blast wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Blast wrote:

I can't be the only guy who thinks this is a great situation and Nintendo is being so carefree and jolly about this is because they know they have some awesome stuff to show????

A quick scan of this page shows that you are not. Unca__Lz, myself, and SCAR seem to be really behind this decision, too.

Add me to that list lol

Hahaha awesome :D

I like it as well I just find it more fun to be the counterpoint to the hype.

Last years was terrible bexusse the stream was crap,and we knew everything that was coming.

This time we know a lot but don't know anything about them and its a lot of interesting stuff. I mean who doesn't want to see more of X and see if pokken fighters is a thing.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
UGXwolf

UGXwolf

115. Posted:

@Shingi_70 Ah. Fair enough. I'd be lying, if I said being devil's advocate so often was just a coincidence, for me, so I get where you're coming from.

A nifty calendar (Updated 7/23/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

AuthorMessage
skywake

skywake

116. Posted:

Just going through the posts here, a couple of things stand out. Firstly this.......

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Nowhere in this description or anywhere else in their E3 plans for that matter is there any mention of new games.

ignores the whole plot of the entire video that they used to announce their conference. Dude please, RTFA. I wonder why all of the people who posted first were all positive and all of the people who came to the thread later were all "it's E3 2013 all over again!". Oh that's right, the people who posted first actually WATCHED the video.
[youtube:ghEhI4CJjAM]

Jazzer94 wrote:

This has been doing the rounds online source code from the Nintendo E3 page, could be more announced then we first thought though this should remain rumor for now.
Untitled

As others have said this is just there to get the site to show up in people's searches. It also has Wii at e3, you think they'll show new Wii content? Probably not. You think that Nintendo will want people searching for wii to land on that site? Definitely.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213

117. Posted:

I loved that silly video. Here's hoping for a great Digital Event.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage
Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

118. Posted:

skywake wrote:

Just going through the posts here, a couple of things stand out. Firstly this.......

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Nowhere in this description or anywhere else in their E3 plans for that matter is there any mention of new games.

ignores the whole plot of the entire video that they used to announce their conference. Dude please, RTFA. I wonder why all of the people who posted first were all positive and all of the people who came to the thread later were all "it's E3 2013 all over again!". Oh that's right, the people who posted first actually WATCHED the video.
[youtube:ghEhI4CJjAM]

Yes, we've established this at this point. Way to beat that horse to a bloody pulp. Regardless, the point remains that there's a lot of previously announced games and hinted games already in development, so I think it still probably will end up like 2013 to a lesser extent. Maybe we'll get one or two surprises if we're lucky, but there are FAR too many games that we already know about that we're still waiting on, I don't think they have much room for a lot of new announcements.

Bolt_Strike

Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage
skywake

skywake

119. Posted:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Yes, we've established this at this point. Way to beat that horse to a bloody pulp. Regardless, the point remains that there's a lot of previously announced games and hinted games already in development, so I think it still probably will end up like 2013 to a lesser extent. Maybe we'll get one or two surprises if we're lucky, but there are FAR too many games that we already know about that we're still waiting on, I don't think they have much room for a lot of new announcements.

Actually no, go read the thread again. The point hadn't been driven home enough and besides, nobody had actually humiliated you with the announcement video which explicitly disproved your point.

As for the "FAR too many games that we already know about" bit. What games? There's X, Bayonetta 2, Smash and what, Yarn Yoshi, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem? Maybe one or two 3DS tites if we happen to include Mario Golf? Maybe Zelda if we include that as a "not-new" game? Lets just ignore the fact that at an average E3 Nintendo will talk about ~20 Nintendo published games. If they only have one or two more games then this would be the lightest E3 for Nintendo since 2008. Somehow I doubt it.

edit: Another thing. It's worth noting that NOA now has two ex-IGN employees behind the scenes. I wouldn't be shocked if some of the new approach here has something to do with that. Just maybe....
http://twitter.com/GCNStorm/status/461128818149687296

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
UGXwolf

UGXwolf

120. Posted:

@Bolt_Strike Considering that the majority of the games we know about are being developed primarily by third parties, that leaves a lot of room open for Nintendo's own devs and second party branches to work. Mario Kart's team won't have anything to show, yet, except possibly DLC confirmation. The Zelda team is already known to be showing up, so what else could Nintendo be up to? Might Retro have made a teaser or maybe are planning on announcing something? Maybe not. Maybe so. We don't know. That's kinda the point. There's no telling what else Nintendo may have up its sleeve.

A nifty calendar (Updated 7/23/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.