Forums

Topic: The All-Encompassing E3 2014 Thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 2,525

TheLZdragon

With that in mind, do we really need the press after watching the conferences? The only reason we would need them is when they are covering the demos?

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon 2 Rank: Splat S+, Rain S, Tower S

My Eeveeloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SparkOfSpirit

I enjoyed the Direct just as much as I had watching a normal conference. What I especially liked were the individual game Directs released after the main one. It beats having to waiting for the press to cover them.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Blast

I can't be the only guy who thinks this is a great situation and Nintendo is being so carefree and jolly about this is because they know they have some awesome stuff to show????

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

UGXwolf

Blast wrote:

I can't be the only guy who thinks this is a great situation and Nintendo is being so carefree and jolly about this is because they know they have some awesome stuff to show????

A quick scan of this page shows that you are not. Unca__Lz, myself, and SCAR seem to be really behind this decision, too.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

DefHalan

UGXwolf wrote:

Blast wrote:

I can't be the only guy who thinks this is a great situation and Nintendo is being so carefree and jolly about this is because they know they have some awesome stuff to show????

A quick scan of this page shows that you are not. Unca__Lz, myself, and SCAR seem to be really behind this decision, too.

Add me to that list lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Blast

DefHalan wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Blast wrote:

I can't be the only guy who thinks this is a great situation and Nintendo is being so carefree and jolly about this is because they know they have some awesome stuff to show????

A quick scan of this page shows that you are not. Unca__Lz, myself, and SCAR seem to be really behind this decision, too.

Add me to that list lol

Hahaha awesome

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

shingi_70

Unca_Lz wrote:

With that in mind, do we really need the press after watching the conferences? The only reason we would need them is when they are covering the demos?

I tend to like the color commentary that the IGN pre and post shows tend to provide. I really like Ganetrailers demos and interview between confrences.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

Blast wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Blast wrote:

I can't be the only guy who thinks this is a great situation and Nintendo is being so carefree and jolly about this is because they know they have some awesome stuff to show????

A quick scan of this page shows that you are not. Unca__Lz, myself, and SCAR seem to be really behind this decision, too.

Add me to that list lol

Hahaha awesome

I like it as well I just find it more fun to be the counterpoint to the hype.

Last years was terrible bexusse the stream was crap,and we knew everything that was coming.

This time we know a lot but don't know anything about them and its a lot of interesting stuff. I mean who doesn't want to see more of X and see if pokken fighters is a thing.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

UGXwolf

@Shingi_70 Ah. Fair enough. I'd be lying, if I said being devil's advocate so often was just a coincidence, for me, so I get where you're coming from.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

skywake

Just going through the posts here, a couple of things stand out. Firstly this.......

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Nowhere in this description or anywhere else in their E3 plans for that matter is there any mention of new games.

ignores the whole plot of the entire video that they used to announce their conference. Dude please, RTFA. I wonder why all of the people who posted first were all positive and all of the people who came to the thread later were all "it's E3 2013 all over again!". Oh that's right, the people who posted first actually WATCHED the video.

Jazzer94 wrote:

This has been doing the rounds online source code from the Nintendo E3 page, could be more announced then we first thought though this should remain rumor for now.
Untitled

As others have said this is just there to get the site to show up in people's searches. It also has Wii at e3, you think they'll show new Wii content? Probably not. You think that Nintendo will want people searching for wii to land on that site? Definitely.

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, The Avalanches
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

kyuubikid213

I loved that silly video. Here's hoping for a great Digital Event.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

Bolt_Strike

skywake wrote:

Just going through the posts here, a couple of things stand out. Firstly this.......

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Nowhere in this description or anywhere else in their E3 plans for that matter is there any mention of new games.

ignores the whole plot of the entire video that they used to announce their conference. Dude please, RTFA. I wonder why all of the people who posted first were all positive and all of the people who came to the thread later were all "it's E3 2013 all over again!". Oh that's right, the people who posted first actually WATCHED the video.

Yes, we've established this at this point. Way to beat that horse to a bloody pulp. Regardless, the point remains that there's a lot of previously announced games and hinted games already in development, so I think it still probably will end up like 2013 to a lesser extent. Maybe we'll get one or two surprises if we're lucky, but there are FAR too many games that we already know about that we're still waiting on, I don't think they have much room for a lot of new announcements.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

skywake

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Yes, we've established this at this point. Way to beat that horse to a bloody pulp. Regardless, the point remains that there's a lot of previously announced games and hinted games already in development, so I think it still probably will end up like 2013 to a lesser extent. Maybe we'll get one or two surprises if we're lucky, but there are FAR too many games that we already know about that we're still waiting on, I don't think they have much room for a lot of new announcements.

Actually no, go read the thread again. The point hadn't been driven home enough and besides, nobody had actually humiliated you with the announcement video which explicitly disproved your point.

As for the "FAR too many games that we already know about" bit. What games? There's X, Bayonetta 2, Smash and what, Yarn Yoshi, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem? Maybe one or two 3DS tites if we happen to include Mario Golf? Maybe Zelda if we include that as a "not-new" game? Lets just ignore the fact that at an average E3 Nintendo will talk about ~20 Nintendo published games. If they only have one or two more games then this would be the lightest E3 for Nintendo since 2008. Somehow I doubt it.

edit: Another thing. It's worth noting that NOA now has two ex-IGN employees behind the scenes. I wouldn't be shocked if some of the new approach here has something to do with that. Just maybe....

Edited on by skywake

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, The Avalanches
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

UGXwolf

@Bolt_Strike Considering that the majority of the games we know about are being developed primarily by third parties, that leaves a lot of room open for Nintendo's own devs and second party branches to work. Mario Kart's team won't have anything to show, yet, except possibly DLC confirmation. The Zelda team is already known to be showing up, so what else could Nintendo be up to? Might Retro have made a teaser or maybe are planning on announcing something? Maybe not. Maybe so. We don't know. That's kinda the point. There's no telling what else Nintendo may have up its sleeve.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Bolt_Strike

skywake wrote:

As for the "FAR too many games that we already know about" bit. What games? There's X, Bayonetta 2, Smash and what, Yarn Yoshi, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem? Maybe one or two 3DS tites if we happen to include Mario Golf? Maybe Zelda if we include that as a "not-new" game? Lets just ignore the fact that at an average E3 Nintendo will talk about ~20 Nintendo published games. If they only have one or two more games then this would be the lightest E3 for Nintendo since 2008. Somehow I doubt it.

If you expect 20 games in an era where Nintendo has been struggling to release new games in a reasonable time frame, you're completely delusional. Nintendo is not going to show off that many, they probably have their hands full with the games we already know about. Now what are those others you asked? The games that have not been formally announced, but hinted at. Zelda U is confirmed to be shown off, there's a Pikachu detective game being released in 2015, a new Mario game in development (Mario Galaxy 3, I guess?), possibly Miyamoto's IP and/or S.T.E.A.M., Pokken Fighters and Metroid if we're lucky. That's about 10 or so games, I don't think we'll get much more than that.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Jazzer94

skywake wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

This has been doing the rounds online source code from the Nintendo E3 page, could be more announced then we first thought though this should remain rumor for now.
Untitled

As others have said this is just there to get the site to show up in people's searches. It also has Wii at e3, you think they'll show new Wii content? Probably not. You think that Nintendo will want people searching for wii to land on that site? Definitely.

Yes I know it could very easily be that which is why I used the word rumor and speculated it could have something to do with QOL in a later post, the new Wii content could easily be the new Skylanders game just saying.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

UGXwolf

@Jazzer94 Why would Skylanders need a new game? They can just expand endlessly on the existing one. And I kinda doubt they'd show off new figurines at E3 when they have plenty of other things to talk about.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

skywake

Bolt_Strike wrote:

If you expect 20 games in an era where Nintendo has been struggling to release new games in a reasonable time frame, you're completely delusional. Nintendo is not going to show off that many, they probably have their hands full with the games we already know about.

From wiki, notable (whatever that means) Nintendo games shown:
E3 2010: 24 shown, biggest games were probably Skyward Sword, DKCR
E3 2011: 14 shown, biggest game was probably 3D Land but they also announced Smash Bros
E3 2012: 10 shown but apparently 23 Wii U titles in total shown. (BTW, ZombiU? Rayman? Not Nintendo games )
E3 2013: 17 games shown, including Pokemon, Zelda 3DS, DK:TF, Kart 8, 3D World, Smash....

about 20 or so

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Now what are those others you asked? The games that have not been formally announced, but hinted at. Zelda U is confirmed to be shown off, there's a Pikachu detective game being released in 2015, a new Mario game in development (Mario Galaxy 3, I guess?), possibly Miyamoto's IP and/or S.T.E.A.M., Pokken Fighters and Metroid if we're lucky. That's about 10 or so games, I don't think we'll get much more than that.

It kinda isn't, if you add our lists together and maybe a little bit of a buffer for a couple of 3DS games we just listed about 15 or so games off the bat. After that you say that we're only expecting maybe one or two surprise announcements? Well there's your "around about" 20 games already.

EAD itself produces between 5 and 10 games itself each year. Then there's Retro, Intelligent Systems, Monolith Soft, Creatures who all average about one game a year +/-. Then when you consider the fact that they'll probably talk about all of the games for the next 12 months plus a few extra that could be a bit further away. Maybe about 3/4 of the games between E3 and 2 years after?

Then ontop of that the possibility for talking about some games from third parties. Third parties I think can and should count sometimes. Eg I would count the talk about Rayman Legends at E3 2012 as a "Nintendo game" but I wouldn't have counted Assassin's Creed. Plus we already know about Platinum with Bayonetta 2, that counts, but maybe we'll see something from Level 5, Capcom, Sega? Not unlikely.

I think it's delusional to think that it won't sit fairly close to ~20 games.

Edited on by skywake

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, The Avalanches
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

BenAV

I quite like that Nintendo's deciding to do their own thing rather than just going along with what everyone else does.
Their online presentations work really well for showing off games and are really exciting to watch when the big announcements are there, and run a lot smoother than the stage shows (when there's no issues with the stream).
Also just the fact that they're calling it a "Digital Event" and not a "Direct" has me a little curious, it'll be interesting to see exactly how they go about it.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

Jazzer94

@UGXwolf They announced a new entry recently which will be on Wii so there is a.possibility that it could be shown in a highlight reel which is why Wii is listed.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Top

Sorry, this topic has been locked.