General Discussion Forum

Topic: The All-Encompassing E3 2014 Thread

Showing 61 to 80 of 2,631

AuthorMessage

Bolt_Strike

61. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

@cookiex "building onthat approach." Means they won't focus on the on-sight presence, so much as the online presence and local presence. I see nothing there that actually deconfirms a conference.

Having a conference would basically be the exact opposite of that approach, though, it would mean that Nintendo would have a greater on site presence.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

62. Posted:

The E3 Direct is being expanded upon with new features. It won't be your typical Nintendo Direct or like the E3 Direct last year, as I've been repeating today. Who knows what this "new video program" will look like?

Also, I fail to see how no traditional press conference somehow ruins Nintendo's E3. A year ago, I would've been tempted to be swayed by that, but the E3 Direct, while heavily flawed, still got the message out and people were still excited. Stage show or video, if there's awesome games announced, does it really matter how its presented?

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

63. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

@cookiex "building onthat approach." Means they won't focus on the on-sight presence, so much as the online presence and local presence. I see nothing there that actually deconfirms a conference.

Did they have one last year no so taking the quote @cookiex provided I think we can all come to the logical conclusion that they won't be having one this year either, doesn't really need confirming when Nintendo have spelled it out for you to read.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

64. Posted:

To those worrying about Smash Bros. dominating this year's E3 for Nintendo, remember that Nintendo is keeping other big-name games hidden until it's time.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

jariw

65. Posted:

In the "Play Nintendo" video, they seems to quite clearly announce both Zelda and Yoshi, meaning that the surprises will be something else?

Current Top 10: DK:TF, Pikmin 3, MK8, Scram Kitty, SM3DW, LEGO City: Undercover, Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, Stick it to the Man, Wind Waker HD
Looking forward to:
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, SSB U, Affordable Space Adventures, Bayonetta 2, X, Hex Heroes, Yarn Yoshi, and more

AuthorMessage

Blast

66. Posted:

LOL let's judge E3 AFTER E3 happens, okay?

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

67. Posted:

No you guys are assuming. It's not like I'm saying there won't be one. I'm just getting severely annoyed by all the speculation turning into assumption and them bring called logic.

Stage presence doesn't negate online and local presence, and E3 is more than just the press conferences. Beyond that, from my understanding of the English language, there is nothing in that sentence that directly negates a 2014 E3 press conference. Only the 2013 press conference.

Reasonable assumptions are reasonable, yes, but acting like those reasonable assumptions are the God-given truth is silly and it irks me to see the frequency with which it happens.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

68. Posted:

Nintendo already lost E3.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

69. Posted:

@UGXwolf Provide us with some solid evidence that Nintendo will have press conferences on stage (which you have failed to do so far) then maybe your point will actually have some weight behind it.

The Jazzloggery
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

AuthorMessage

Beetlejuice

70. Posted:

Last year, everyone (journalists, media, fans, etc) viewed no E3 conference by Nintendo as them bending over and admitting that they couldn't compete with Xbox or Sony, and they weren't even going to try. That feeling still exists in the industry.

So how is skipping doing one again (which appears to be the case) going to benefit them this year?

It's all about optics. It's like how the Oscars only broadcasts the 'important' awards on TV (Sony/Xbox) while a bunch of technical and secondary awards (Nintendo) are done the night before with a tiny audience. Those other awards might be important too, but because they aren't deemed good enough to be handed out on TV, people assume they are crap.

Beetlejuice

AuthorMessage

CaviarMeths

71. Posted:

It's not surprising at all that the focus is on Smash. Smash is their huge holiday release. E3 is the single biggest holiday season advertisement for video games. Nintendo is putting their chips on Smash being THE system seller this Christmas. There will be other announcements of course, but hypehypehypepuppiesarecute.

Courage is the magic that turns durrr into reherrdurr.

AuthorMessage

MAN1AC

72. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

They wouldn't have enough games to "win" E3 regardless due to their 3rd party situation. The Direct just confirms what everyone already knew.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

AuthorMessage

MuchoMochi

73. Posted:

All I know is this the day before my 21st birthday, so Nintendo better give me a damn good reason to party ;)

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

AuthorMessage

Blast

74. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

And the award for biggest OVERREACTION goes to....................................... YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fake applause

Let's wait until E3 actually happens to see who won and lost, okay? SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEESH!!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

Bolt_Strike

75. Posted:

KennyPowers wrote:

Last year, everyone (journalists, media, fans, etc) viewed no E3 conference by Nintendo as them bending over and admitting that they couldn't compete with Xbox or Sony, and they weren't even going to try. That feeling still exists in the industry.

So how is skipping doing one again (which appears to be the case) going to benefit them this year?

It's all about optics. It's like how the Oscars only broadcasts the 'important' awards on TV (Sony/Xbox) while a bunch of technical and secondary awards (Nintendo) are done the night before with a tiny audience. Those other awards might be important too, but because they aren't deemed good enough to be handed out on TV, people assume they are crap.

Right on the money here. The big deal about having a presentation is being able to market themselves effectively to a larger audience, and Nintendo desperately needs that right now. Sticking with a livestream that only hardcore Nintendo fans would really be interested in watching doesn't really do that, it pretty much secures their status as a niche developer that the rest of the industry doesn't take seriously.

Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

76. Posted:

@Jazzer94 You missed the point entirely. Let me say it, again. I'm not saying, BY ANY MEANS, that there will be a conference. I'm even admitting right now that it does seem to be unlikely, if not at least not on their mind.

People tend to forget that what's unlikely isn't always everything that's possible, and something that isn't likely can still happen.

Don't forget what's improbable isn't always impossible. That's the biggest misconception of them all.

Edited on by UGXwolf

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

2Sang

77. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

While likely unfortunately, it's not true yet. I still have some faith that Iwata has something big planned. If not, he's as good as gone.

Please undastanding since 2012.
Shadow4SSB4 is the greatest person in the history of the internet. May god have mercy on his poor soul and also tell sakurai to add shadow, silver, and big the cat to smash.

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter: DJ2Sang

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

78. Posted:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

KennyPowers wrote:

Right on the money here. The big deal about having a presentation is being able to market themselves effectively to a larger audience, and Nintendo desperately needs that right now. Sticking with a livestream that only hardcore Nintendo fans would really be interested in watching doesn't really do that, it pretty much secures their status as a niche developer that the rest of the industry doesn't take seriously.

Who is this magical audience that watches the conferences and doesn't go to gaming sites?

Are they the same ones that were gonna buy a next gen console at launch for reasons other than gaming?

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Bolt_Strike

79. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

KennyPowers wrote:

Who is this magical audience that watches the conferences and doesn't go to gaming sites?

Are they the same ones that were gonna buy a next gen console at launch for reasons other than gaming?

I didn't say they don't go to gaming sites, they don't go to Nintendo sites.

Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

80. Posted:

@UGXwolf I understood your point but I'm wondering more so if there is any evidence that points to Nintendo having a press conferences on stage as surely this would have been included in the information released today which it clearly wasn't.

The Jazzloggery