Forums

Topic: 2018 FIFA World Cup

Posts 121 to 140 of 198

NaviAndMii

@OorWullie Yeah, we both got that one bang on! Nice! ..you're starting to open up a little gap for yourself at the top now! Haha! (..the result seemed a little harsh on Australia - but it massively helped me in the prediciton league, so I can't complain! )

Sucks that you missed the Spain v Portugal match ..to be honest, even with decent commentary/pundits (and the games being broadcast at more reasonable times in this part of the world) it was a struggle to stay awake during the previous two matches! ..mind-numbingly dull! ..still, at least it was only a group match - plenty more thrills and spills to come, I'm sure!

I've gone against the grain in this next game - backing Iceland to earn a point against Argentina (..as an Englishman, I know only too well what the Icelanders can do on their day! Haha!) ..hope it's a good one!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

๐ŸŽฎ Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

OorWullie

I was thinking about Iceland perhaps causing a shock too and if this fixture had happened to take place a couple of weeks ago I'd have probably gone for a draw.I kind of fancy Argentina to win the whole thing though. A defeat to Iceland and it would be tough for them to come back. With Nigeria and Croatia in there too, it's a tough group.

I've gone for 3v1 in the end but it's not a confident pick.

An Argentina v Portugal, Messi v Ronaldo final would be something else.

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Mr Mustard ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ
SW-6101-8403-1640

๐Ÿ•น๏ธ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ

OorWullie

That was absolutely brilliant.What a performance and result! Plucky little Iceland are living the dream.

Just wish I'd stuck with my original feeling that there would be a shock. 1v1 would have been what I went for too. I did pick them as the team I would be supporting though. Even more reason I should have backed them then.

Edited on by OorWullie

SW-6101-8403-1640

GrailUK

English commentator described the Messi penalty saved by 'the hand of cod' referencing Maradonna's hand of God and Iceland's main export lol.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

NaviAndMii

@OorWullie Oh - yes, please! A Messi vs Ronaldo final would be really, really special! ..I've got a feeling that Argentina aren't going to get out of their group though, myself - they were extremely fortunate to have even qualified and look all over the place defensively (equally though, like you, I could see them going all the way!) ..they'll certainly make for interesting viewing though, that's for sure!)

I'm on a roll with my predictions at the moment - second 'perfect' guess of the day! ..enough to see me rise from 15th to 3rd! (..might screenshot that - could be about as good as it gets for me! Haha!)

FragRed

For some reason, everyone at work seems to get pretty upset with me whenever I make fun about England loosing as we always do. I guess football is a touchy subject. Who knew?

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

NightBeast

You should have seen them celebrating! Brought the house down definetely)) @OorWullie

NightBeast

NightBeast

@OorWullie No, we live on the other dude of Moscow, but there are quite a few icelandians living in the hotel nearby. And yes - they were just ecstatic)

NightBeast

OorWullie

I see that I'm the only one predicting a shock in the Germany v Mexico. I've gone for a 2v2 draw.It was the first result that popped into my head so I went with it. The app actually asked me "Are you sure? That's quite an upset!".

SW-6101-8403-1640

Zkibu

Only two predicting victory for Costa Rica against Serbia. I picked a draw but I believe that they have the potential to upset bigger teams. 4 years ago they were very good defensively using 5 defenders (of course the wing backs would rush forward when attacking) and even quality teams has trouble to break through. Seems like they are still using similar system but the players are 4 years older which can be good or bad

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

Lroy

Been close with the correct outcome for a few matches but yet to get an exact score prediction correct. Maybe today will be my day โ˜บ๏ธ

Really looking forward to seeing GERMANY and BRAZIL make their bow in WC2018.

Managed to do okish so far in the WC Fantasy Football league. Although expect @Retro_J to score big in the next two days. All his players are from GERMANY, BRAZIL, BELGIUM and ENGLAND. All yet too play of course.

Edited on by Lroy

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น | ๐Ÿš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Lroy

Managed to record and watch every game so far. Although fatigue started to win out late, late last night as I fell asleep during the PERU Vs. DENMARK game despite it being very entertaining. CROATIA vs. NIGERIA saw me nod off without reprieve though. Had to revert to the highlights to catch-up, lol!

NaviAndMii

With every single one of us going for a Brazil win in the next match, it looks certain that @Fafounet will be our new overnight leader in the Prediction League!

FragRed

I am surprised to see Germany lose their first match. Despite knowing so little about football, it still amazes me that Mexico beat them.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

FragRed

Wow, I was starting to worry England really were going to be poor tonight. Only just scored the second goal right towards the end of the game.

Eagle9

For me Argentinas performance was most suprising and not in the good way

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

Chris77

I'm enjoying my lofty position of third overall at the moment. No doubt that won't last. @Fafounet looking great at the top, 24 exact results!

Chris77

Switch Friend Code: SW-4822-3134-1042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4382-1960-5156 | Nintendo Network ID: Djoser

Lroy

What a performance from England. After so many years of watching my national side in international tournaments, it was sheer joy to finally see them put an opponent to the sword. Ecstatic!

Also @retro_j well done on your WC FF team performance. You are the 'tinkerman' and its paying off. How many transfers you used so far? I made my first 5 yesterday before the BELGIUM vs. TUNISIA match.

Edited on by Lroy

FragRed

@Lroy Just wait until we go up against the good teams. Then we shall see how good we are as a team.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.