Forums

Topic: 2018 FIFA World Cup

Posts 101 to 120 of 198

RetroGamerAndrew

@Agent721 @spizzamarozzi @OorWullie @Chris77 @Eagle9 @NaviAndMii
and @ everybody else here

Posting here for anyone willing to join, I just set up a totallyfree Private League on https://fantasyfootball.telegraph.co.uk/ as per @Lroy suggestions.

Here are the details:
League Name: NintendoLife World Cup 2018
League PIN: 8159304
Passcode: 0978

Feel free to create your team and join, my team Losing Eleven (I'm on the optimistic side as you see) is already there.

Cheers!

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

Lroy

@RetroGamerAndrew Excellent work my good man. Heading over to join my team Lroy's Lions (couldn't think of anything else โ˜บ๏ธ) to the league now.

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น | ๐Ÿš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Lroy

@RetroGamerAndrew Okay, I am in! This will be great fun. By the way Andy you might want to transfer out Leroy Sane. He never made the plane to Russia.

RetroGamerAndrew

@Lroy switched out for Ozil... cheers!

RetroGamerAndrew

gcunit

I'm in...

...and I'm going all the way!

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

OorWullie

The kick off times work out great for me, 7pm, 10pm and 1am Thai time. The Brazil WC was a nightmare,some matches were at 5am. I still watched most of them I missed Spain getting pumped from the Netherlands, the one with Van Persies crazy diving header. I was woken up by my friend calling me at the final whistle to talk about the game. I was gutted I'd missed it.

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Mr Mustard ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ
SW-6101-8403-1640

๐Ÿ•น๏ธ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ

Lroy

Japan/S.Korea in 2002 always sticks out in my mind in terms of kick off times.

The group matches started at like 8:30am / 11am / 1pm or something. I was working with a girl I'd totally built up a massive crush on at the time and out of the blue she agreed to date me.

We'd go out, crash back at mine and then I'd leave her in bed and meet all the lads as we walked down to the town pubs which had opened up from like 6:30am.

We'd have a cooked breakfast with beer and watch three games of World Cup footie back to back and then I'd head home very merry indeed to find this total hottie at home waiting for me. Of course, things then ended badly both for England at the Tournament (losing in the Quarters to eventual winners Brazil) and our lustful liaison.

But man, that was a great time ๐Ÿ˜œ

RetroGamerAndrew

@Lroy
Let's recap:

• bedroom gymn with a hot chick
  • an healthy cooked breakfast - or as we call it here in Italy, "colazione internazionale"
  • watching football
  • watching more football
  • watching football, again
  • back to bedroom gymn

You just depicted (almost) every man's dream day!

Edited on by RetroGamerAndrew

RetroGamerAndrew

Lroy

RetroGamerAndrew wrote:

@Lroy
Let's recap:

• bedroom gymn with a hot chick
  • an healthy cooked breakfast - or as we call it here in Italy, "colazione internazionale"
  • watching football
  • watching more football
  • watching football, again
  • back to bedroom gymn

You just depicted (almost) every man's dream day!

It went on like that for that whole summer. Like I said, great times.

Chris77

@RetroGamerAndrew haven't played this for years. Will try and have a go later.

Chris77

Switch Friend Code: SW-4822-3134-1042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4382-1960-5156 | Nintendo Network ID: Djoser

Lroy

Opening Ceremony live on ITV HD now!

OorWullie

@Lroy I'm going to play some Super Sidekicks 3 to get myself in the mood.

Nice story BTW memorable WC for you. That one took place not long after I'd left the UK for the first time. Me and my mate were working in this really crappy job packing flowers somewhere north of Amsterdam. The day England were playing Brazil i was at work and I convinced my mate into walking out on the job with me and go looking for the nearest bar. We had no idea where the nearest bar was or even where we were as we were taken there in a minibus. We walked out the factory and in each direction was fields for as far as the eye could see. With a choice of several narrow roads leading in several directions. We just picked one and said let's go for it. We walked and walked and walked and nothing, just more fields. Never saw a soul. Kickoff was approaching and we were completley lost. Then out of nowhere a car passes us, can see we're lost, pulls over and asks can they help. Told them our story and they gave us a lift into the nearest village and bar. Managed to catch the whole match and somehow still had a job to go into the next day.

SW-6101-8403-1640

RetroGamerAndrew

Come to think, WC 2002 holds a special place in my memory.
It was my last day in high school, we were watching Italy-Croatia in the projection room on the very last day of school before final exams, June 8. All of a sudden I spot the girl I had a crush on (he was a good friend of mine too) at the door, she asks me to come out. She then starts to talk to me, I can clearly feel she's embarassed but I can't tell why, until she confess he's had a crush on me from the day we first met at school en_mouth:
Long story short, a long relationship followed, and even though It didn't end very well and we don't talk anymore now, I still have fond memories of that day and the years that followed.

...Oh well, at least I managed to skip Italy vs Croatia... how the hell did we manage to lose that match after Vieri scored at '55, I still don't know

RetroGamerAndrew

spizzamarozzi

RetroGamerAndrew wrote:

Come to think, WC 2002 holds a special place in my memory.
It was my last day in high school

you too born in 1983?! WC 2002 took place at the end of my final high school year as well.
I remember watching Brazil - England early in the morning while I was packing my bag, then leaving before the match ended to go see Oasis playing a last minute gig in some small club in Northern Italy.

Pretty much a perfect day - Brazil knocking England out of the tournament, then watching Oasis playing in front of just 200 people, and finally one of the lads we were travelling with magically produced a bag of psychedelics out of thin air for us to share. I woke up, like, three days later and the semifinals were already on. Bliss.
I miss my youth so much.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Meesh

The 2002 World Cup was also shortly after I graduated high school! No confessions from secret admirers or lustful liaisons were involved , but I remember Mexico vs Italy in the group stage - I'd never been so thrilled about a 1-1 tie, fearing we would get trounced, and can still see Borghetti scoring the opening goal on a header I couldn't believe. Then I remember waking up at something like 2am in the morning (we were in the Bahamas then), optimism at an all-time high coming out of the group stage, only to fall apart vs the US 2-0 in the round of 16. Still feel that was Mexico's best shot to make it to the quarterfinals since I started watching the world cup.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0182-8684-8029

RetroGamerAndrew

@spizzamarozzi @Meesh
Yes, class of '83 here (and huge Oasis fan too)!
Seems like summer of '02, for different reasons, still holds a special place in our hearts... Ah, those were the days!

RetroGamerAndrew

gcunit

I wouldn't say that was Ronaldo playing his best stuff. He won both fouls that he scored from, and obviously held his nerve expertly, but I doubt he'd be in the headlines tomorrow if it weren't for that cheap second goal. While Spain were dominating (which happened for a large period of the game), Ronaldo wasn't really in the game. Isco seemed to be the star of the show, and Costa's first goal was brilliant but will get unfairly overshadowed by what came after.

4 games in though, and they've all had at least something memorable and exciting about them. Great stuff.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

NaviAndMii

Yay! Finally managed to get off the mark in our Prediction League after the Spain 3-3 Portugal game (my 1-1 prediction was enough to earn me a point, at least! ) ..could've been so much better, but the two late winners in the earlier matches ruined both of my guesses (I had both of those down as 1-1 draws as well! Dang!)

Looks like @OorWullie is leading the way so far! Early days, but I'm sure you'll be delighted with that start! ..and every single one of us have gone for a France win vs. Australia today - currently 0-0 at half time, so looks like we'll all be dropping points as things stand! Haha!

๐ŸŽฎ Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

OorWullie

A big 3 points in the bag for me and @NaviAndMii I am indeed delighted with my start Gutted about last night though, fell asleep during the Iran v Morocco match and didn't wake up until an hour or 2 after Spain v Portugal finished. I had a feeling it was going to be a cracker, hence my 2v2 prediction. When I woke up I went to the BBC Football website sensing I'd missed a belter. When I saw the 3v3 scoreline I was really mad at myself, why didn't I set an alarm! Reading today pundits calling it one of the most memorable WC matches ever has just rubbed even more salt into my wounds. Gutted! It's the Thai commentary, Thai build up and Thai post match analysis it's brutal. Sending me to sleep.

Edited on by OorWullie

SW-6101-8403-1640

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.