Forums

Topic: Nintendolife versus Push Square

Posts 1 to 20 of 32

sirleiland

So I frequent both Nintendolife and Push Square, primarily as a lurker, and I can't help but notice the large discrepancy in the traffic. Nintendolife seems to attract way more comments, both to the articles/features and also on the forums, than Push Square does. What do you think are the reasons for this? Has Nintendolife been around for a lot longer? Or are Nintendo fans just more interested in talking with fellow fans than Playstation fans are? I have noticed that there seem to be way more Nintendo fansites out there than Playstation ones. I, personally, love all my Nintendo systems and Playstation systems.

Cross-posting on Push Square for responses there.

Edited on by antdickens

sirleiland

GrailUK

This site isn't really interested in talking about Messi, McLaren, driving over pedestrians or World War 2!

(Sorry for the cheeky comment)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Eel

I guess it's because NL is the "big brother" of Push Square and the Xbox one.

(Also I have my theory that many people join here because of the name)

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Blast

Most PlayStation only gamers use Sony's own forums to communicate with each other. There's a Sony trophy site thats very active too.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

GrailUK

Or maybe we are but third party companies won't let us! lol.

Geonjaha

topperware wrote:

Has Nintendolife been around for a lot longer?

Yes.

Or are Nintendo fans just more interested in talking with fellow fans than Playstation fans are?

No group of fans is more interested in talking than another, we just have less options in general unless we want to go on the abysmal Miiverse. Also worth noting that Microsoft and Sony are less about first party games - in which case people owning those systems are more likely to go to a general gaming site, not a company specific one.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

NinjaWaddleDee

GrailUK wrote:

This site isn't really interested in talking about Messi, McLaren, driving over pedestrians or World War 2!

(Sorry for the cheeky comment)

Haha no. That wasn't funny. Ever heard of games called tearaway? How about little big planet? Journey? Those are all PlayStation games. Stop generalizing every non-Nintendo game as being violent.

Edit- sorry if that came out a little too angry. I'm just tired of Nintendo fans generalizing PlayStation and Xbox fans, and vice-versa.

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

GrailUK

It was more a comment about lack of third party support

Tasuki

For one thing Nintendolife has been around longer then the other two sites. Also I believe that the age of its user base has something to do with it. Nintendo tends to have a lot of the younger games, which have more time to hang out on the forums. Also there are a lot more sites that report Plantation and Xbox news and reviews then Nintendo or at least do it justice without giving in to the Sony and MS fanboys.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

NinjaWaddleDee

GrailUK wrote:

It was more a comment about lack of third party support

Yeah sorry if my comment came out a little too angry lol. I'm just tired of Nintendo, PlayStation, and Xbox fans generalizing each other.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

sinalefa

If you think PS has low traffic, you really haven't been to PureXbox. I go to all three sites, but I am more active in NL (because I love Nintendo games), then PS (because I own a PS3) and finally PX (since I am planning to get an Xbox One). I like all three sites though.

I will comment in this thread, never being able to find it again.

ultraraichu

I kind of thought it was because the sites that Nintendo fans can communicate in a "safe" and civilized matter and get news was more limited than Sony fans. In other words Sony fans are spread more thinly on other sites than Nintendo.

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

GrailUK

School yard computer wars circa 1980s.

"You have a spectrum? Jeez, they can't even display colour!"
"Well all the colours on your C64 are just dirty shades of brown"
"Your games sound like they are farting! Two words Rob Hubbard"
"Noone listens to computer music. You put a cassette on while you play and listen to proper music".

So Playstation vs Xbone vs Wii is....normal for our western civilisation lol

sirleiland

Thanks for the responses everyone! Makes sense to me. Are these other Playstation sites that are out there mainly the trophy-related sites? I just haven't come across too many, whereas for Nintendo, I've seen GoNintendo, Nintendo World Report, Nintendo Everything, and Nintendo Enthusiast (though most of these are news/features sites, and have less reader interaction).

sirleiland

Dezzy

I'll come forward and be brutally honest. The main reason I prefer Nintendolife is the colour scheme. Seriously. Sorry writer and reviewers who think the quality of their work is key. The colour scheme is way more important. At least to me.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Ryno

Because "Push Square" is a horrible name for new people searching for a Playstation site.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Joeynator3000

Should be easy. readies rocket launcher
...Wait, we're not going to fight them? o.o

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Shane904

Because I'm here, and not on Push Square

Shane904

DefHalan

I think we all come here for @Shane904

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

LzWinky

Nintendo Life had about the same traffic 6-7 years ago (relatively speaking). Tasuki might know the answer to this, but I noticed that traffic has steadily increased lately.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.