Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 1,121 to 1,140 of 2,597

antdickens

@Dj64Mk7 this is something that we may offer in the future, for now, we advise to simply bookmark that page.

@Matthew010 hmm... there is always going to be content about things that you don't like, hopefully sometimes content might help change your mind on something too, so blocking it seems a bit heavy-handed. I suggest you just don't click on anything that doesn't interest you.

@ReaderRagfish we don't have a spellcheck dictionary, that sounds like it is local to your browser/device. You should be able to right-click the word and add to your own dictionary though. Cheers!

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

DrPeachGuy

I really think the forum needs to have seperate channels/sections for Nintendo's franchises like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Starfox, etc. It's all jumbled up as it is and it needs to be more well organized. It's easier for people to look into a well organized location that's made specifically for that topic, y'know.

Edited on by DrPeachGuy

DrPeachGuy

Heavyarms55

Hey, I am sure it's been mentioned before, but why do you guys limit things to 3 choices on surveys like "what are you playing this weekend" or those list of newly released and which we are buying? Some people play more than 3 games over the course of a weekend or buy more than 3 games when 20-40 games get dropped in a week. I just don't see why you limit it.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Pluto14

I think that it would be cool if you could see game recommendations based on the games you have or other people have. For example, when I go to the NL-page of Mario Odyssey, I could see something like "other people who played Mario Odyssey also played this:" and then see a few games based on the games others have listed on their profile. Maybe then we can discover new games that we haven't heard about yet.

Pluto14

antdickens

@pwwnd123 we have tags on forum topics which can be used by series, which kind of does what you want. We will have some new categorisation methods when the forum gets redeveloped though.

@Heavyarms55 that's fair, we'll try and raise this limit whenever it makes sense to do so!

@Pluto14 that's a cool idea, but we've probably got more important things to change on the site first with our limited resources... I'd love to have a feature like that one day though!

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

Tasuki

Is there anything that can be done with all Pokemon friend Code threads? I mean you go to the mobile section and the first page is nothing but locked Pokemon Go FC threads. Maybe like archive them or delete them?

Also anyway that these Pokemon GO FC spammers can be blocked from creating Pokemon FC threads?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Deku-Scrub

This is less of an idea and more of asking a question about former features on the site, but is the Posts tab on user profile pages ever going to be re-enabled? It has been disabled for over a month and I haven't seen too much said about it.

Deku-Scrub

Joycon Boy Forever

Currently Playing:
Switch: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
3DS: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
PS4: Persona 5, Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

Deku-Scrub

@antdickens Thanks for the response! I'm glad to hear it's coming back!

Deku-Scrub

Joycon Boy Forever

Currently Playing:
Switch: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
3DS: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
PS4: Persona 5, Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

HobbitGamer

I just wanted to say thank you for the ‘Ignore’ function! It’s been a life saver recently to keep my brain on track and enjoy why I’m really coming back here over and over; News & a great community. Thanks for all the work staff and mods do!! You folks are great.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Therad

I would like to see a restructure of the forums. I think we have to many channels at the moment. As an example, do the Wii really need three separate forums when the switch only got one? It fragments the users into very small chunks imho.

So I would like to see something like this:
Nintendo Switch
Nintendo Mobile
Wii U
3DS
Wii
DS
Retro
Classic consoles
Amiibo

So from 14 to 9 channels. Wii and/or DS could arguably be put into retro, since they are starting to be old.

One more change I think is relevant is to add a channel "Nintendo General". Quite frequently discussions about nintendo ends up split up into different channels, regardless if it is about the general health of the company, theme parks, merchandise, game franchises, financial reports etc.

Therad

Tasuki

@Therad So you want Wii consolidated into a single channel, but are speerating Retro and Classic consoles?? What's the sense in that?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tyranexx

HobbitGamer wrote:

I just wanted to say thank you for the ‘Ignore’ function! It’s been a life saver recently to keep my brain on track and enjoy why I’m really coming back here over and over; News & a great community. Thanks for all the work staff and mods do!! You folks are great.

Seconded. It takes a lot to get me to the point to want to ignore a user on here, but I'm finding that I'm starting to use this feature a little more lately. I must be getting old or something....

I wouldn't mind more forum consolidation, at least with the Wii forums for now. The DS forums were combined a little while back, IIRC.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

@antdickens
Um....
Could you swap the disturbing images from rated 18+ Switch games News ?
Especially "mood" games ( read reversely "mood", because i don't even want say that name).
Those images are really disturbing me whenever i scroll down the page, even just cover of the News thread.
Sorry if i asked like that.
Thank you.

Anti-Matter

Therad

Tasuki wrote:

@Therad So you want Wii consolidated into a single channel, but are speerating Retro and Classic consoles?? What's the sense in that?

Classic as in the mini consoles that were released recently. It is also just an suggestion, you are free to change it, as well as the admins are free to ignore everything I said.

But I think it is a good thing to change the format a bit.

Therad

Octane

@Therad You're not the first one to suggest something like that. I'm all for it. Maybe include the Classic consoles in the "General Nintendo" section. I mean, how many are they going to release after the SNES Classic? I don't think there's one coming this year.

Octane

Anti-Matter

@Octane
Um...
Could you tell to antdickens about my complain on previous page (page 59 at the bottom post) ?
Sorry for disturbing you.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic