Forums

Topic: Post your Rytmik compositions here!

Posts 101 to 120 of 196

pixelbuffer

Great song NintenDude! I can tell a lot of effort went into it.

The bass sounds really loud on my headphones though. :s

pixelbuffer

Twitter:

pixelbuffer

@Odnetnin Well each audio block in Rytmik is a bar, which is a 4 beats in 4/4 time. That means one whole note, two half notes or four quarter notes. The on-beat quarter notes are a different colour (brighter yellow) in the block editor. There are sixteen discrete sounds you can put in an audio block, so that means you can use up to 16th notes in Rytmik.

Oh, I never posted my Rytmik song here!

pixelbuffer

Twitter:

BleachFan

Haven't done one 'o these in a while.
[youtube:LQtuA_J9eTs]

Ah, that's better!

[Edited by BleachFan]

I'm working on a game that's coming out soon!
Cipher Trailer

pixelbuffer

@edhe Identity, AKA "rising epic".

If only I had better recording equipment, it wouldn't sound so fuzzy at the end and the stereo effects would be noticeable. It sounds way better on my headphones.

pixelbuffer

Twitter:

Martin_Linda

HolyMackerel: are you shure, that you recorded your song into stereo file? Or maybe you have just mono jack-to-jack cable? There is some simmilar issue I guess, because your overall song is mono...

Martin_Linda

pixelbuffer

@Martin I recorded it using Audacity with 2 channels, but the wave form on both channels was the same.

I'm not sure if my cable is mono. It's a standard 3.5mm headphone jack on either side. One side of the cable connects to my DSi's headphone port, and the other to my sound card's microphone port. I have a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro sound card, which I'm pretty sure does a decent job at recording audio.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thanks for the help in advance.

pixelbuffer

Twitter:

Martin_Linda

@HolyMackerel So it is clear. Microphone port is allways mono. You should use line-in port on your soundcard, which is stereo I guess. And even audio quality of recording line signal should be better when recording it through line-in port instead of microphone port, which is intended to use with microphone signal

Martin_Linda

pixelbuffer

@Martin Ah, I had my suspicions but I never tried it. Thanks a lot! I will re-record my song soon.

pixelbuffer

Twitter:

pixelbuffer

Alright, here's the new, remastered, re-recorded version! The sound quality is much better, and I also made a few small changes to the original. Enjoy!

High quality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fczMrbtJcoM&fmt=18 (this link gives much better sound quality than the video below)
[youtube:fczMrbtJcoM]

Turns out my sound card has a shared microphone/line-in port. I had to switch it to line-in mode to record correctly.

[Edited by pixelbuffer]

pixelbuffer

Twitter:

Blue_Cat

Nice sounds IanUniacke!
I hope this is as easy to use as you guys say it it! I'm going to get the 200 point one and tool around with it over the holidays. Hopefully I'll be able to post something that doesn't break your eardrums when I get back

Gota Catch 'em ALL!
Current HG Pokemon count: 180
Mario VS DK; Minis March Again: 3309-2151-9209

edhe

I remade a track I composed on FL Studio (the original FL version is included in the clip).

It's entitled "Superstar", and is themed around a wrestler for a Flash I'm currently (trying) to work on.

The Rytmik remake isn't really the style I'm looking for (the original was fine), but I'm quite happy expanding it's style and trying out some techniques (like Poly and mono - redundant with FL Studio).

[Edited by edhe]

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Ecto-1

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if there are going to be any more Rytmik contests?

[Edited by Ecto-1]

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

SwerdMurd

I don't think any new ones have been announced...I certainly don't think there's been a Rytmik: Rock Edition contest yet.

On an unrelated note--glad to see this topic getting some attention again! I forgot this program existed--I might make a new track in the next day or two.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.