Forums

Topic: Post your Rytmik compositions here!

Posts 121 to 140 of 196

Ecto-1

Thanks for the reply Swerd_Murd. I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed it.

Edited on by Ecto-1

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

HolyMackerel

Cinemax said a while back that they would have a Rytmik Rock Edition contest after it was released on the NA shop. Hasn't happened yet.

HolyMackerel

Shadowflash

Are Rock edition songs allowed here? Or just the orignal?

"Can you do that? Can you explode twice?!" -Spike

3DS FC: 1676-3897-8278

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3897-8278 | Twitter:

Shadowflash

In that case, I'll have mine up in a second .

"Can you do that? Can you explode twice?!" -Spike

3DS FC: 1676-3897-8278

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3897-8278 | Twitter:

Babybahamut

Hi guys, I'm new here and come bearing questions about Rytmik that I thought were better to ask here rather than make a new thread for

First off, I'm guessing there's a limit to how many compositions you can have saved at once? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere what that limit is though, can anyone please confirm? Also, if the limit is reached, would it be possible to copy the Rytmik file from the SD card onto a PC and redownload a fresh copy of Rytmik and swap between them as and when, or would it be recognised as already having been downloaded and prevent a user from downloading another copy?

Secondly, what kind of license are compositions released under? That is, if I create an original piece on Rytmik, do I own that piece and have the right to use it any way I see fit, or does it still technically belong to Cinemax and I can't use it for my own purposes?

Thanks in advance for your help- as a chiptune fan I'm really looking forward to seeing what people can do with Retrobits

Martin_Linda

@Babybahamut - limit is 256 songs, but it depends also on its size. If you make really huge compositions with all possible notes used (which is just theoretical case and you will never do that), the number would be lower, maybe twice or more. But for average songs (for example majority of my Rytmik demosongs) the limit is about those 256 slots. Unfortunatelly there is no feature to save your songs to SD card. It would be useless, since there is no way how to reload it to Rytmik from SD card.

And about the license, as far as I know, the use of songs made with Rytmik is free, at least from our side (Cinemax). I'm not a lawyer so I don't know if there apply some conditions from Nintendo, but I hope not:)

Martin_Linda

Babybahamut

@Martin_Linda thanks very much for your response- that's a lot more than I would have guessed, 256 is impressive! Regarding the SD card transfer, what I meant was that, at least with the 3DS (I can't speak for the DSi) you can transfer DSiWare titles onto the SD card for storage (though you can't launch titles from the SD card) and the save data gets stored there too. With 256 slots to fill I don't suppose it would ever apply, but if you transfer the Rytmik file onto the SD card for storage, then redownload Rytmik to the console, you would be able to have a whole new empty save file while keeping the compositions you made on the first copy. I don't know if there's anything in place that would prevent that though, like the eShop thinking you've already downloaded it and so not letting you grab another copy. As I say though, it's unlikely to be necessary with 256 slots to fill unless you're REALLY busy with it!

Ecto-1

Here are a few of the songs I've made with Rytmik: Rock Edition.

I wouldn't really classify this as rock, but I am happy with it.
[youtube:i_nJ05H9wQY]

This next one is the only one of the three that I would call a rock song.
[youtube:dHOcUpx1ji0]

This last one is my personal favorite of my creations. Ironically, it was a complete accident, as I was trying to create an ocean wave-like sound. I would recommend using ear phones when listening to this one, as some of the softer notes are difficult to hear otherwise.
[youtube:RQFly6O_6p8]

I may upload some more later. Any comments or feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks for listening!

Edited on by Ecto-1

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Colors 3D Gallery

edhe

Created with the new Retrobits.

Certain users may recognise it - it's the composition I did with FL Studio for the ill fated community game we tried to make.

I'm really excited about getting to know this game better. While I own the original Rytmik and Rytmik Rock, the sounds in this one seem more versatile for my novice music making skills.

@Ecto-1 Your tracks are really cool. You've inspired me to try out Rytmik Rock again (after I've had a good go with Retrobits).

I've probably said this before, but I do find it easier to compose music with a computer, because you're not just creating tiny clips to put together, but Rytmik is much more user friendly, and I won't regret any of my purchases.

I'm in a bit of a rut, trying to make music with the computer, but maybe Rytmik is what I need to simplify things, and once I create something, I can always reproduce it on the computer (with it's superior mixing potential).

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Ecto-1

@edhe
Thanks! I really like your song as well. I could imagine it working really well in a game. I'm in a bit of a rut as well. I may try to upload some more songs, but I don't have anything recent. I guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow; trying to get out of this annoying rut!

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Colors 3D Gallery

Ecto-1

Here is one new song. I know its a bit late for Halloween; I had meant to upload this earlier, but never got around to it.

There are two others on my youtube channel here. I'm not as fond of these as I was with the first three I uploaded, but I think they're alright. Thanks for listening. As before, any comments or suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Edited on by Ecto-1

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Colors 3D Gallery

edhe

My first song I've actually made solely with Rytmik (in this case Rytmik Rock), entitled Shisuke and Taro. It's an entrance theme for the two Japanese wrestlers in the video from an animation series I'm trying to work on. Hopefully, having made a full track (which will have to be remade with FL Studio anyway), I can bring myself to work on the project again. Still, there's only another 5 tracks (plus incidental) to make...

I'm quite pleased with it, because not only is it a full piece, it's slightly less repetitive than my other works.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

edhe

Just to be clear, I don't have a fetish for Japanese men in underwear, I just based them on those extreme gameshows where scrawny Japanese men would be flung into the sea by a catapult.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Ecto-1

Nice song, Edhe. It sounds tense and sound like will suit your animation well.

Edited on by Ecto-1

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Colors 3D Gallery

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.