Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 3,661 to 3,680 of 9,620

Hairmanban19

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

@randomous I agree with you completely. If an admin or mod banned you, I'd be mad. You have contributed so much to these forums!

Yeah,i would hate to see you go @randomous because you've always been nice and you are very good at programming!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

InsertPi

I need help with drawing stuff. My code is:

ACLS:CLEAR:GPAGE 1:GCLS:GCOLOR 0
GLINE 10,10,100,100
@E
GOTO @E
'This is to keep it from ending

But it just appears as a blank screen! What do I do?

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

Gimmemorecoinz

Hairmanban19 wrote:

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

@Swordx how late tonight will you upload the DA2 video? Because i wanna watch it today but i can't be on computer after 9:00 or so.

Very late. I want to add more to the first dungeon before I make a video. I have the boss done, but I want to add bombs, a new enemy, and a few more rooms.

y the way, you only hve to finish Kizashi's 3 sidequests to unlock him. Unless, of course, you made a certain choice at the end of the chain...

Also, want time zone do you live in? I live in EST...

My timezone is pacific.

Would you like more help with sprites hairmanban??
Also. Uhm let's see.. I think maybe if we posted example code that explained it more you might understand it better.
I was thinking about making some video tutorials down the road for petit computer that are step by step to do specifically with sprites.
I'm not sure how effective that would be. Are there already videos covering that topic?

The only sprite help i need is how to put sprites that i made into a program. And thanks for trying to help me with all this Petit Computer stuff.

Really it's no problem I love teaching people things, and I LOVE programming so when I combine those two things and sharing what I know to make it easier for others it makes me happy.

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

randomous

@IAmAPerson620 Thanks, that means a lot. Also, nothing is showing up because you didn't specify a color for the line, so it's clear. Add a ,3 or something to that gline statement.

@Hairmanban19 Thanks for the kind words.
If you've already drawn the sprites and everything, then there's just a few more steps to get them into your program:

• Load the resource into your program with the command LOAD "SPU0:NAME", where NAME is the name of the sprite sheet you've saved, and SPU0 stands for Spritesheet Upperscreen 0. You can load your sprite sheet into any of the SPU0 through SPU7 slots, but 0 is usually a nice place to start
  • Now your sprites have overwritten the default sprites that used to be SPU0, but only up until the end of your program.
  • Now, let's say you want to load up the sprite that is all the way at the upper left corner of the sheet. This is sprite 0, so all you'd have to do is follow the structure of this command:
    SPSET control number, character number, palette number, horizontal rotation, vertical rotation, order of precedence
    The control number is like the ID for your sprite: it's what lets you access it at another time. Let's give it 0, so we remember it. Next, the character number tells us what sprite in the sprite sheet to load. We're loading the upper left corner, so that's 0. Palette is the color scheme for the sprite, you can mess with that if you want, but we're just going to use 0. We're not going to use rotation, so those are 0 too. We want our sprite right on top, so order of precedence is also 0. Then we just get:
    SPSET 0,0,0,0,0,0
    Now you can use some of those other sprite commands that you hopefully know to manipulate it. Hope that helped!

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Gimmemorecoinz

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

I need help with drawing stuff. My code is:

ACLS:CLEAR:GPAGE 1:GCLS:GCOLOR 0
GLINE 10,10,100,100
@E
GOTO @E
'This is to keep it from ending

But it just appears as a blank screen! What do I do?

I think gcolor 0 is black, don't quote me on that. Try changing your gcolor to something else.
Also I think gline still requires a color parameter.
Try GLINE 10, 10, 100, 100, 5
instead.
you might need to put vsync 2 in the loop to make the line show up

here's what you did wrong. You put Gpage 1 instead of gpage 0
gpage 1 I believe is the bottom screen.
If you use gpage 0 you'll get the top screen
if you want gpage 1 you have to use pnlstrtype off or something like that
I think it's pnltype off
or something.

EDIT: It's PNLTYPE "off"

Edited on by Gimmemorecoinz

Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

swordx

Hairmanban19 wrote:

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

@randomous I agree with you completely. If an admin or mod banned you, I'd be mad. You have contributed so much to these forums!

Yeah,i would hate to see you go @randomous because you've always been nice and you are very good at programming!

This. Seriously, the PTC community would take a huge hit if you were to leave it.

@Hairmanban19

Played your game, but it has its issues.

1: You didn't upload the QR codes for the SCR files

And 2: It felt more like book where you had to just type in stuff to flip pags than it did a game. I typed many things in during the battle, but I got the same results...

So, here's how it can be improved:

1. Upload QR codes for all files.

2. Try to give options as to what you can do. Make it so actions can cause death, or bring you to different outcomes. Also, don't tell the person what to do, unless, of course, you're just giving them options.

Please take this as constructive criticism. I think you have a good concept, and I'd love to see it become something great!

EDIT: Brizobst (my favorite PTC programmer) just uploaded QR codes for the demo of his next game! It can be found in the link below!

https://mobile.twitter.com/brizobst/status/362783042600837121

Edited on by swordx

swordx

randomous

@Everyone Awww, you guys are bringing tears to my eyes. Thanks.

randomous

Discostew

Actually, GCOLOR 0 is setting the graphic functions to use the transparent color, meaning if it was already cleared with GCLS, it won't change anything. Try GCOLOR 1 (or a number up to 255) to set actual color instead of removing.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Hairmanban19

swordx wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

This. Seriously, the PTC community would take a huge hit if you were to leave it.

@Hairmanban19

And 2: It felt more like book where you had to just type in stuff to flip pags than it did a game. I typed many things in during the battle, but I got the same results...

2. Try to give options as to what you can do. Make it so actions can cause death, or bring you to different outcomes. Also, don't tell the person what to do, unless, of course, you're just giving them options.

Please take this as constructive criticism. I think you have a good concept, and I'd love to see it become something great!

EDIT: Brizobst (my favorite PTC programmer) just uploaded QR codes for the demo of his next game! It can be found in the link below!

Ok,i was able to get on my 3DS internet browser. Sorry about the SCRED files,i didn't know that i had to separately save those onto my SD card. I might be able to post the QR codes for those tomorrow. And i'm planning for the full game to have more options and death,that was just a demo to show you what the full game should be a little like,and like i said,i'll be adding more stuff the more i learn BASIC. But sorry if i got your hopes,making you think i was gonna make an actual good game.

Edited on by Hairmanban19

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Gimmemorecoinz

Okay guys this is a mystery.
I'm getting all kinds of subscript out of range.
This is a technical issue to do with the way petit computer handles arrays and data

Sorry if it seems like a newbish question but I'm still getting used to the finicky-ness of petit computer.
I'm getting like I said, all kinds of errors.
Try maybe just modifying the code and taking away the load commands since all the data in my map array should be set to 0

CLEAR
LOAD"BGU0:TOWN1"
LOAD"COL:TOWNCOL"
TILESIZE=8

MAPSIZE=11

DIM MAP(10,10)

CAMERA_X=0
CAMERA_Y=0
MAPSIZE=10

RESTORE @MAPDATA
FOR X=1 TO 10
FOR Y=1 TO 10

READ TILENUM
IF TILENUM>1 THEN TILENUM=1
MAP(X,Y)=TILENUM

NEXT Y
NEXT X

FOR X=1 TO 10
FOR Y=1 TO 10

TILENUM=MAP(X,Y)
BGPUT 0, (X-1)*TILESIZE, (Y-1)*TILESIZE, 2, 1, 0, 0

NEXT Y
NEXT X

@MAIN

PRINT "map demo 1"

GOTO @MAIN

@MAPDATA
DATA 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1

swordx

Hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

@Hairmanban19

Ok,i was able to get on my 3DS internet browser. Sorry about the SCRED files,i didn't know that i had to separately save those onto my SD card. I might be able to post the QR codes for those tomorrow. And i'm planning for the full game to have more options and death,that was just a demo to show you what the full game should be a little like,and like i said,i'll be adding more stuff the more i learn BASIC. But sorry if i got your hopes,making you think i was gonna make an actual good game.

Your game WILL be good. It just needs some work! There's a lot of potential, and for a project that's just starting, that means A LOT.

Sorry, but I won't be able to release a second video until tomorrow. It's 1 AM where I live, so I'm going to go to sleep soon. I'll TRY to release it tomorrow.

swordx

Pixelrobin

Someone else is attempting Minecraft on the wiki. They were able to support a single, untextured block. Shoud be interesting because the image shows a single, untextured, GBOX command. Sigh. When will people learn... Very nicely pit @randomous even though I don't really know all of what you're talking about. A decent fighting game would be cool tho.

But boy, how many pages did we go in a day?

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

InsertPi

Ok. Tomorrow I will attempt to make a 3d program using manually drawn 3d. I'm planning to draw a block, then you ba able to rotate it, "zoom out" and in. I have an idea on how I'm gonna do this, but it's so long, I won't post it.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

Gimmemorecoinz

Same issue but what do you know:

CLEAR
LOAD"BGU0:TOWN1"
LOAD"COL1:TOWNCOL"
TILESIZE=8

DIM MAP(10,10) <--when I change that to DIM MAP(11, 11) the read error goes away

CAMERA_X=0
CAMERA_Y=0
MAPSIZE=10

FOR X=1 TO MAPSIZE
FOR Y=1 TO MAPSIZE

READ MAP(X, Y)
NEXT Y
NEXT X

FOR X=1 TO MAPSIZE
FOR Y=1 TO MAPSIZE

TILENUM=MAP(X, Y)

BGPUT 0, (X-1)*TILESIZE, (Y-1)*TILESIZE, TILENUM, 1, 0, 0

NEXT Y
NEXT X

@MAIN

PRINT "map demo 1"

GOTO @MAIN

Edited on by Gimmemorecoinz

randomous

@Gimmemorecoinz I could have sworn you had this exact same error before... and I gave this exact answer (minus this part). This is some extreme déjà vu...

Arrays in petit computer (and pretty much all programming langauges) are indexed starting at 0, so your arrays would really be accessed using the indices 0-9 instead of 1-10. This is why the error goes away with 11: now you're not using index 0, and you're using slots 1-10 (which are really positions 2-11). Hope this helps!

randomous

ramstrong

@randomous
There are other, more diplomatic ways to say that. I don't think they'll ban you. If anything, they'll probably just delete your post. Or you can delete that post yourself and replace it with a more diplomatic ways to say it. I stop reading after the first paragraph, BTW, so it's probably safe to delete most of the text.

BTW, with numerous posts recently, I think I should point out to you that Nintendo Life does have a chat system.
https://www.nintendolife.com/chat
There's only one room, but there it is, if you want to use it.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Eel

That scene in the previous page reminded me something...

Anyone remembers that troll who liked to post about his "oh so magnificent and complex (and complete)" clone of minecraft?

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

swordx

Morphtorok wrote:

That scene in the previous page reminded me something...

Anyone remembers that troll who liked to post about his "oh so magnificent and complex (and complete)" clone of minecraft?

Yep. I hate when people hype up PTC projects that don't exist...

swordx

randomous

@ramstrong Even if I edit it, it doesn't change in the quotes, so it really doesn't matter. I can if it makes you feel better though.

Sorry if I upset you @Morphtorok, you sound disappointed. I mentioned that Minecraft thing in my "scene".

randomous

Gimmemorecoinz

Now I'm having another issue.
If I draw alot of tiles using bgput in a loop.
The screen flickers after loading my tileset
and also..
I can't seem to get rid of the background even if I cls, gcls, acls.
It won't go away.
It's just a tile I haven't used. :/ when I load it loads this messed up set of tiles that are all the same every time.
So how do I get rid of that and how do I get rid of the flicker... any help is appreciated!!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic