Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 3,641 to 3,660 of 9,620

InsertPi

I'm thinking of attempting a 3d minecraft-like clone, and I will need to be able to change massive amounts of arrays at once. For a mass changing such as that, is it possible to do something like this?

FOR AC=1 TO 8
DIM LPOS(AC)=LOPS(AC)+1
NEXT

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

Hairmanban19

swordx wrote:

randomous wrote:

@Gimmemorecoinz I agree.

@swordx I haven't gotten anything from you, have you sent them? If so, something must have happened to them... it's [email protected]. Don't forget the 98!

@Morphtorok I updated Village to fix the bugs you mentioned. If you just can't live with them (I mean, crashing is pretty bad), you only have to scan 40 QR codes this time.

Oops, I put in 2 Ms

Try it now.

EDIT: @Hairmanban19 Thanks for the support. How far have you gotten? I hope it isn't too hard w/o a save feature...

I haven't gotten much further. I have only completed around 3 or 4 side quests,but i have been getting more strategic by buying badges and useful items in shops to help me in battles. DA is the only Petit Computer game that has side quests,books that you can buy and read,other party members,and a lot of other awesome stuff!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Hairmanban19

swordx wrote:

randomous wrote:

@slayer Oops, sorry. I didn't notice your comment directed at me. I know his name is jamieyello, I just didn't know if everyone else knew. I guess I could have said "jamieyellow, the guy making pokemon" instead.

Were there any other comments directed at me that I missed? I'm sorry!

...I knew...

I'm going to release a new video of Dungeon Adventure 2 that features the first dungeon tonight.

EDIT: Hairmanban19, I posted this WITHOUT reading your comment. lol

Yay! When are you gonna post the fixed version of DA?

ramstrong

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@Ramstrong Have you by any chance heard of web-based codes?
Btw I'm making a forum-chat-live thingy

Javascript? PHP? Lua? Some other scripting language I've never heard of?

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Waffle003

slayer wrote:

I feel like a dufus... the problem was I used a GOTO before I used the loop... well hi swordx and randomous!

Nice to know you figured it out (this is waffle from game faqs)

Waffle003

swordx

Hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

randomous wrote:

@slayer Oops, sorry. I didn't notice your comment directed at me. I know his name is jamieyello, I just didn't know if everyone else knew. I guess I could have said "jamieyellow, the guy making pokemon" instead.

...I knew...

I'm going to release a new video of Dungeon Adventure 2 that features the first dungeon tonight.

It's up on the wiki right now. You just have to re-scan the PRG QR codes (All 50 of 'em).

EDIT: Have you unlocked Kizashi yet?

Edited on by swordx

swordx

Hairmanban19

swordx wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

randomous wrote:

...I knew...

It's up on the wiki right now. You just have to re-scan the PRG QR codes (All 50 of 'em).

EDIT: Have you unlocked Kizashi yet?

No,but i want to unlock him!

Hairmanban19

@Swordx how late tonight will you upload the DA2 video? Because i wanna watch it today but i can't be on computer after 9:00 or so.

swordx

Hairmanban19 wrote:

@Swordx how late tonight will you upload the DA2 video? Because i wanna watch it today but i can't be on computer after 9:00 or so.

Very late. I want to add more to the first dungeon before I make a video. I have the boss done, but I want to add bombs, a new enemy, and a few more rooms.

y the way, you only hve to finish Kizashi's 3 sidequests to unlock him. Unless, of course, you made a certain choice at the end of the chain...

Also, want time zone do you live in? I live in EST...

swordx

randomous

@Waffle003 I can't contain my anger any more, so here it goes. I wish you would just tell the people on the Wiki (and everywhere else) the truth instead of dangling stuff in front of them that you don't have. It's incredibly rude, selfish, and pretty much just makes you an attention seeking troll. Can you please just admit that you've made up your progress to make it look like you have a mostly working game? There's no way that at one point, version 1.6, you had "all bugs fixed, moves for mario, etc", and now all of the sudden you can't even move in the video you posted. It's just been excuse after excuse with you for why things aren't the way you said they were. Let's go over them, shall we?

1: You wanted to include an extra version in the demo, so delay
2: Data problems due to type mismatch (posted code that didn't make any sense whatsoever. Also, in your description of the game you mentioned you already had moves working).
3: Takes 8 minutes to load a stage. Magically takes a few seconds later on.
4: Has a 10 year old computer (doesn't make a difference)
5: Colors and cursors don't work (you said they did in your description for an earlier version)
6: Never used a QR converter before.
7: SPANIM doesn't work (even though you said you had this working in an older version)
8: Had to remove ALL controls because they didn't work (and yet it was working flawlessly before. "No bugs", in fact)
9: Finding "Bug after bug" now
10: Computer had a virus at one point, worried about infecting DS
11: Brother is drawing sprites for more characters

And you're STILL making all those nice people over on the wiki (and some people here, I'm sure) wait. Look, if you're actually trying to make this game, fine, but don't lie just to boost your image or whatever you're hoping for. Just tell them the truth: that you had an idea to make Super Smash Bros, came up with some sprites, then in an effort to get people excited or get your game noticed, you said you were 2 months in the making and had all these things done. Here, for version "1.6", this is exactly what you said:

"Most notable changes are controlling a second player, be able to KO the other player and such"

Version 1.7:

"Check-point. Smoothed everything over including Mario's attacks. Fixed all bugs and now it's time to get serious!"

Thus, one would assume that you have moves working if you had Mario fighting Mario, plus the ability to KO makes it seem like the game is playable. And yet, somehow everything broke all of the sudden. It pains me to see all these people so eager to play your game, just to be let down time after time, until finally they'll be hit with the biggest let down: you've been lying this whole time. Please, I had to endure this with Minecraft on this forum, and now I have to endure this on the Wiki. I absolutely hate when people are mistreated.

By the way admins, please feel free to ban me or whatever for my rudeness. I'm just sick of all this.

Edit: I know, I know that this kind of thing is just going to happen because... well, it's the internet. I just wish it didn't...

Edited on by randomous

randomous

swordx

@Randomous I'm glad SOMEONE said it. I believed him until he made a video that was nothing but the picture he posted earlier.

swordx

Hairmanban19

randomous wrote:

@Waffle003 I can't contain my anger any more, so here it goes. I wish you would just tell the people on the Wiki (and everywhere else) the truth instead of dangling stuff in front of them that you don't have. It's incredibly rude, selfish, and pretty much just makes you an attention seeking troll. Can you please just admit that you've made up your progress to make it look like you have a mostly working game? There's no way that at one point, version 1.6, you had "all bugs fixed, moves for mario, etc", and now all of the sudden you can't even move in the video you posted. It's just been excuse after excuse with you for why things aren't the way you said they were. Let's go over them, shall we?

1: You wanted to include an extra version in the demo, so delay
2: Data problems due to type mismatch (posted code that didn't make any sense whatsoever. Also, in your description of the game you mentioned you already had moves working).
3: Takes 8 minutes to load a stage. Magically takes a few seconds later on.
4: Has a 10 year old computer (doesn't make a difference)
5: Colors and cursors don't work (you said they did in your description for an earlier version)
6: Never used a QR converter before.
7: SPANIM doesn't work (even though you said you had this working in an older version)
8: Had to remove ALL controls because they didn't work (and yet it was working flawlessly before. "No bugs", in fact)
9: Finding "Bug after bug" now
10: Computer had a virus at one point, worried about infecting DS
11: Brother is drawing sprites for more characters

And you're STILL making all those nice people over on the wiki (and some people here, I'm sure) wait. Look, if you're actually trying to make this game, fine, but don't lie just to boost your image or whatever you're hoping for. Just tell them the truth: that you had an idea to make Super Smash Bros, came up with some sprites, then in an effort to get people excited or get your game noticed, you said you were 2 months in the making and had all these things done. Here, for version "1.6", this is exactly what you said:

"Most notable changes are controlling a second player, be able to KO the other player and such"

Version 1.7:

"Check-point. Smoothed everything over including Mario's attacks. Fixed all bugs and now it's time to get serious!"

Thus, one would assume that you have moves working if you had Mario fighting Mario, plus the ability to KO makes it seem like the game is playable. And yet, somehow everything broke all of the sudden. It pains me to see all these people so eager to play your game, just to be let down time after time, until finally they'll be hit with the biggest let down: you've been lying this whole time. Please, I had to endure this with Minecraft on this forum, and now I have to endure this on the Wiki. I absolutely hate when people are mistreated.

By the way admins, please feel free to ban me or whatever for my rudeness. I'm just sick of all this.

Edit: I know, I know that this kind of thing is just going to happen because... well, it's the internet. I just wish it didn't...

What you just said is all very true!

Gimmemorecoinz

randomous wrote:

@swordx @Hairmanban19 It's nice to know I'm not the only one... thanks.

Jeez.. atleast when I talk about the progress with my lttp game I'm not lying! o.0

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

Hairmanban19

swordx wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

Very late. I want to add more to the first dungeon before I make a video. I have the boss done, but I want to add bombs, a new enemy, and a few more rooms.

y the way, you only hve to finish Kizashi's 3 sidequests to unlock him. Unless, of course, you made a certain choice at the end of the chain...

My timezone is pacific.

Gimmemorecoinz

Hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

My timezone is pacific.

Would you like more help with sprites hairmanban??
Also. Uhm let's see.. I think maybe if we posted example code that explained it more you might understand it better.
I was thinking about making some video tutorials down the road for petit computer that are step by step to do specifically with sprites.
I'm not sure how effective that would be. Are there already videos covering that topic?

Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

Hairmanban19

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

randomous wrote:

Jeez.. atleast when I talk about the progress with my lttp game I'm not lying! o.0

Yeah! We all know you are not lying about LTTP because you have QR codes for little areas.

Gimmemorecoinz

Hairmanban19 wrote:

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

randomous wrote:

Yeah! We all know you are not lying about LTTP because you have QR codes for little areas.

I'm thinking about trying to add collision tonight. and starting on that tiny tilemap thing.
I wanted to add scrolling to it as well that doesn't use the scu files. Unless there's a way to make my map files even bigger?
if not, I'll make my own method of scrolling tiles I just hope it's as fast as I need it to be. :3

InsertPi

@randomous I agree with you completely. If an admin or mod banned you, I'd be mad. You have contributed so much to these forums!

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

Hairmanban19

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

My timezone is pacific.

Would you like more help with sprites hairmanban??
Also. Uhm let's see.. I think maybe if we posted example code that explained it more you might understand it better.
I was thinking about making some video tutorials down the road for petit computer that are step by step to do specifically with sprites.
I'm not sure how effective that would be. Are there already videos covering that topic?

The only sprite help i need is how to put sprites that i made into a program. And thanks for trying to help me with all this Petit Computer stuff.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic