Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 3,361 to 3,380 of 9,620

randomous

Oh, I just wanted to add that I stitched the QR codes for Dungeon Adventure together with the Petit Computer QR Stitcher. It's a useful utility if you use the SmileBoom QR converter, but you don't want to spend ages putting all the QRs together in one place by hand.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Pixelrobin

With BGOFS, comes Algebra.

Bluerobin2

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

Discostew

Just a heads up. I'm attempting to get enough done with the MM2PTC project to release the 2nd demo by mid-August. Things have been going well and smooth with its development as of late, which is why I'm bringing this up in the first place. Can't believe it has been over a year since I took it upon myself to try and make MM2 on PTC (with the 1st demo being almost 10 months old). I have never kept going with a project this long before in my life, let alone finish (excluding school projects).

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

ramstrong

Bluerobin2 wrote:

Logo V1.2

Untitled

Better?

I think it makes it harder to read. Otherwise, try to reduce the contrast between (bright) red background and white lettering. I like how you put the shadows on the letters.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

ramstrong

Bluerobin2 wrote:

With BGOFS, comes Algebra.

Something like this?
PLAYERX=PX+BGX
PLAYERY=PY+BGY

Looks more like simple arithmetic to me.

Petit Computer Journal

Ralph

Europe just got this an hour ago and I downloaded it straight away. Going to have to use my phone to read the manual while I play though...

Ralph

swordx

zorkzedork wrote:

Europe just got this an hour ago and I downloaded it straight away. Going to have to use my phone to read the manual while I play though...

Cool! Have any ideas as to what you're making? I make RPG's. First was turn based, and the one I'm making now is more like Zelda, except with a lot of meaningful sidequests that are VERY rewarding.

swordx

InsertPi

zorkzedork wrote:

You made a great decision buying this! There is a huge community out there an I'm sure you will have no problems learning!

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

Late

I downloaded Petit Computer today. I was really looking forward to it when it was released in America. Now my hype has gone down quite a lot but it's still nice to finally be able to download it. I actually learned some basic BASIC a year ago reading this thread but now I can't remember anything so I have to start from the bottom and eventually start making something bigger and better. I'll keep checking this thread again but will stay mostly silent unless I have something important to ask.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

ejamer

zorkzedork wrote:

There are other options:

• Download the manual in PDF format here, good for printing: http://www.petitcomputer.com/manual/
  • Read it online: http://petitcomputer.wikispaces.com/Help+Manual
  • Try using the fan-made "expanded function guide": http://petitcomputer.wikia.com/wiki/Petit_Computer_Function_Guide

ejamer

Nintendo Network ID: ejamer

randomous

@Discostew Awesome, I can't wait! If you're going to be using PTC Utilities, could I request something? If you're going to use the smallest amount of error correction in order to generate less QR codes, could you also make a version with regular error correction that'll have more QR codes? It's hard for my DS to scan the low error correction ones since it has a scratch on the camera (of all places). If it's too much extra work, don't worry about it.

randomous

Hairmanban19

Late wrote:

I downloaded Petit Computer today. I was really looking forward to it when it was released in America. Now my hype has gone down quite a lot but it's still nice to finally be able to download it. I actually learned some basic BASIC a year ago reading this thread but now I can't remember anything so I have to start from the bottom and eventually start making something bigger and better. I'll keep checking this thread again but will stay mostly silent unless I have something important to ask.

I posted a Tutorial program a few pages back in this forum that teaches you enough to at least be able to make a text adventure game. And i am making another one right now.

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Ralph

Well thanks for the responses everyone, nice to see the community is still alive after all these months. I'm looking to make a TCG sort of game, hopefully I'll know enough BASIC soon to do it.

Ralph

Discostew

randomous wrote:

@Discostew Awesome, I can't wait! If you're going to be using PTC Utilities, could I request something? If you're going to use the smallest amount of error correction in order to generate less QR codes, could you also make a version with regular error correction that'll have more QR codes? It's hard for my DS to scan the low error correction ones since it has a scratch on the camera (of all places). If it's too much extra work, don't worry about it.

Will the codes generated from the PetitComputer website work for you? I'm not sure what the error correction is for each of the different methods for making the codes. All I know is that codes from PTCUtilties works fine for me.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

randomous

@Discostew Sure, that'd be fine. You don't have to make them all fancy, I can just use the zip files.

randomous

ramstrong

hairmanban19 wrote:

I posted a Tutorial program a few pages back in this forum that teaches you enough to at least be able to make a text adventure game. And i am making another one right now.

Do you mind reposting it to Tutorial thread? I missed it the first time around, and I'm too lazy to try and search for it in this thread. TIA.

Petit Computer Journal

Hairmanban19

ramstrong wrote:

hairmanban19 wrote:

Do you mind reposting it to Tutorial thread? I missed it the first time around, and I'm too lazy to try and search for it in this thread. TIA.

Its on page 165 of this thread. I don't have the time to repost it to the tutorial thread.

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Hale-Bopp

hairmanban19 wrote:

@Hale-Bopp so how is your text game coming along?

I wouldn't hold your breath or anything. I'm a very slow worker and major procrastinator. When/if I finish it, I will post it. Or if I don't ever finish it, then I'll just post what I got. I really need to work on it my PC instead though, because typing out the story with a stylus just isn't cutting it anymore. I just haven't gotten around to it.

NNID: Hale-XF11

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic