Forums

Topic: Nintendo announces 3DS

Posts 101 to 120 of 140

longtimegamer

@Sean007: I'm fine with that. So there's a difference between achievements and trophys (Besides being on 2 different systems)?

Edit: @Jdarrell: Yeah. I dont know HOW dust gets in my GBA. Annoying.

Edited on by longtimegamer

3ds fc: 1247-0003-1095
MK Fc: 2793- 3370-8506
Wii Fc: 7382-7314-0404-2194
Fiance Wendy's MK FC:(Same system) 4854-9224-0913
Uno FC: 1849-3080-8612
Overturn FC: 3266-3672-0977
Animal Crossing CF FC: 3094-5964-6068 Name: LTGamer, town: Wiitopia.

"NO SOU...

mnementh

J Bitties, I didn't want to collect the riddles, I was forced to. You go into the ventilation tubes, you think you're going forward... and SURPRISE it's just a freakin' question mark. They serve no real purpose (unlike the interview tapes which are interesting to listen to) and they're sort of completely external to the game since it's just something they want to implement in every game to satisfy this external feature. I don't like that. Stars are a Mario feature, an in-game feature, but if M/Sony didn't have Trophies, I'm guessing they wouldn't feel the need to implement question marks in.. the interview tapes sufficed, that's my point. The tedious thing is that it's expected to be in every game.. Mario has that feature built-in.. but again, the stars are at least connected to actual gameplay.

Sean, the Wii is more powerful in every way (unless you mean online maybe I don't know and a HDD I guess). I have no interest for that kind of replayability...it will drive me crazy and I hope Nintendo doesn't go that annoying way.

Edited on by mnementh

So ends a saga older than time itself.
The World's oldest and fiercest army has been led to victory, and a lost generation
is delivered from its fear of extinction. As the sun sets over the
field of conflict the dinosaurs disperse, hoping never to set foot
in this place a...

moomoo

Sean007s wrote:

Actually,can someone clarify on which is more powerful between an Xbox and Wii?
Because last from what I heard,both consoles have the upper hand in different aspects.

Also I enjoy the game as I collect the trophies.
Do you realise that my copy of Resident Evil 5 would be collecting dust if it weren't for trophies?
See,i'm getting more value for my money and thats a good thing.

How much do you want to bet that Nintendo brings in achievements and trophies for their next console?

A Wii is more powerful then the first Xbox from a graphics perspective. The first Xbox had a much better online set-up, though.
And yes, their new console will most definitely have Acheivements/Trophies, except with a different set-up (they're not much different, but there are slight differences.)

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Joeynator3000

I remember hearing the Wii stands between the PS2 and the XBox...or maybe between one of the two and the current gen. Can't remember exactly.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Sean007s

longtimegamer wrote:

@Sean007: I'm fine with that. So there's a difference between achievements and trophys (Besides being on 2 different systems)?

Edit: @Jdarrell: Yeah. I dont know HOW dust gets in my GBA. Annoying.

No no...its only preference.
For example....

On the 360 achievements...some games only give out 5 gamer points but that would be in PS3 trophies,a bronze trophy.

I feel a bronze trophy is more rewarding than 5 gamer points.

Also I love the little noise when you get a trophy.....BLING! lol....just satisfying. lol

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

Atlantis1982

(Very glad he didn't bothered getting a DSi)

Atlantis1982

sonic_brawler95

Do Want (starts saving money).

3DS FC: 5412-9891-8712

Slapshot

WaltzElf wrote:

3D Chocobo games.

Do want.

I would have never guessed lol. If that dang Chocobo Games ever hits PSN im buying the dang thing you have me so curious about it now!

As for the 3DS Im seriously worried about the migraines. I get them from 3D movies, Especially this new Digital 3D stuff in theatres now. Im not a one of the few either, LOTS of people have bad problems with 3D. For some reason I try to see the solid image and causes my eyes to strain and after an hour or so, Im in the bed out with a migraine everytime.

Also, Third Party Support is a VERY big deal with all systems. This could so easily be another Shovelware cash cow for them. This already could be shaping up to be another cash in console that ends up with a few greats and a ton of not so greats if that happens. Im just very skeptical to this one guys. Im a MASSIVE NINTENDO HANDHELD FAN. Heck I got Super Mario Brothers Deluxe for GBC (Amazing Game) yesterday. This just doesnt seem like something I would enjoy.

AS for the PS3 in 3D thing. Well Sony already has released Avatar in 3D with it myraid of problems with depth perceptions as is the case with most all 3D. Microsoft also pulled this one off and they also have some 3D stuff coming as well. Sony also have many many games running in full 3D, one of wich is Wipeout 3D wich is suppose to be their best one yet, and have had this for over a year now, so they in fact have NOT ripped off Nintendo. They also have rumored to have some sort of possible PSP 3D crap before as well but I read that long ago and it never happened, thank goodness.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Kid_A

[quote=MoFaJo]

irken004 wrote:

kevohki wrote:

I don't know if someone has already posted this information, but the 3DS will have an analog stick, rumble, and accelerometer
source:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6254031.html?tag=stitialclk;news

An analog stick? Just one? Fail on you Nintendo. Two sticks or none. Sure Sony ripped off your motion-control gimmick but that doesn't mean you have to ripoff the absolute worst part of the PSP.

I seem to remember Nintendo kind of, you know, inventing the joystick as we know it. So they're most definitely not ripping off the friggin' PSP. It'd be rather impossible having dual analogue and touch screen controls. A person typically only has two hands, after all.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Kid_A

Atlantis1982 wrote:

(feels slightly embarrased about getting a DSi...but not entirely because it's still an upgrade from a DS Phat)

Slapshot

Quick add... I'm thinking its basically going to be a portable gamecube with 3d option. If so I'm sold. Psp and its portable pained capability makes its value increase times over. Portable gamecube would be awesome, as well as retro vc.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

StarBoy91

Kid_A wrote:

Atlantis1982 wrote:

(feels slightly embarrased about getting a DSi...but not entirely because it's still an upgrade from a DS Phat)

(am overly curious and interested in this 3DS handheld, and has not seen Atlantis1982 in awhile)

To each their own

mnementh

slapshot82 - maybe you can just switch between 2D and 3D with any game.

So ends a saga older than time itself.
The World's oldest and fiercest army has been led to victory, and a lost generation
is delivered from its fear of extinction. As the sun sets over the
field of conflict the dinosaurs disperse, hoping never to set foot
in this place a...

Kid_A

StarBoy91 wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

Atlantis1982 wrote:

(am overly curious and interested in this 3DS handheld, and has not seen Atlantis1982 in awhile)

(neither have I, and would like to say hello)

Hey, back on topic--3DS looks UBER/OMG/KOOL!

HolyMackerel

Apparently the 3DS has been stressed by Nintendo to be a completely new hardware series (like how the DS is different from the GBA, which is different from the GB), but with a name like 3DS it just sounds like another step after DSi.

Anyway, I'm pretty disappointed because I've only had my DSi for about 3 months now. You'd think that they'd at least support their hardware for a reasonable period of time before overthrowing it. This is even worse for DSi XL owners, who must feel even more slighted. The handheld market is getting oversaturated with Nintendo hardware and their sales will probably diminish as a result.

That's not to say the handheld won't be any good - I just find their strategy perplexing. They should let their hardware simmer in the market for a reasonable time, you know?

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

irken004

HolyMackerel wrote:

Apparently the 3DS has been stressed by Nintendo to be a completely new hardware series (like how the DS is different from the GBA, which is different from the GB), but with a name like 3DS it just sounds like another step after DSi.

Anyway, I'm pretty disappointed because I've only had my DSi for about 3 months now. You'd think that they'd at least support their hardware for a reasonable period of time before overthrowing it. This is even worse for DSi XL owners, who must feel even more slighted. The handheld market is getting oversaturated with Nintendo hardware and their sales will probably diminish as a result.

That's not to say the handheld won't be any good - I just find their strategy perplexing. They should let their hardware simmer in the market for a reasonable time, you know?

The 3DS won't be out (in Japan at least) until late 2011, which would usually mean a mid-2012 release for other countries. That should be plenty of time for people to enjoy the systems they already have.

HolyMackerel

You're right of course, but Nintendo are still shooting themselves in the foot somewhat from a sales perspective by having so many hardware releases in quick succession. They'd be better off sticking with one final iteration and building a great software catalogue for it.

And we recent customers can't help but question whether we made a bad decision and should have held off until later when we hear announcements like this.

HolyMackerel

SpentAllMyTokens

@HolyMackerel

That's the fate of buying anything. Ever buy a cell phone? That's a shame a new, better model just came out, and you can't upgrade your contract for 2 years. Buy an ipod/iphone? They're updated yearly. Ever buy a PC? How long was it before the next big processor update was? A week? The DSi will have been out for about 2 years when this releases and the DS itself will have been out for over 6. Considering how minor the upgrades to the DS have been (really only worthwhile for collectors and new adopters for the most part), I'd say Nintendo's taking its sweet time with its handheld upgrades.

Edited on by SpentAllMyTokens

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

mushroomer

When i see "3DS" i think of a program I use every day called 3D Studio max. we allways refer to it as 3DS max.. just wierd..
What if they merged the 2 screens into 1 large screen? and allowed for folding? so no separation between the top and bottom screen. and when you hold it sideways you can watch hd movies. that would be great.
cell phone
mp3 player
fm radio
video camera HD
voice recorder
app store
dsiware transfer
among a few things to consider..

mushroomer

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.