Forums

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,421 to 1,440 of 1,774

CanisWolfred

I narrowed it down myself some more and eventually settled on Tetris. So far, I'd say it's highly recommendable. It's a very good version of Tetris, though I wish it had more than 2 single player modes.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

jRandall or whatever, I saw your post before you deleted it. I'll still note it since I'm actually now planning on getting a second game. With those 3 narrowed down, I can say my best choice is probably Pro Jumper.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

jdarrell

Okay, didn't see your last post (1447) when I replied so thought it wasn't adding anything. Did you consider Dark Void Zero, etc.?

jdarrell

CanisWolfred

jdarrell wrote:

Okay, didn't see your last post (1447) when I replied so thought it wasn't adding anything. Did you consider Dark Void Zero, etc.?

Yeah, but I have it on Steam and while it would be nice to have it on the go, duplicates are pretty low priority for me. Oddly enough, this is my first owned copy of Tetris.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

pariah164

I keep looking at Maestro! Green Groove. It seems to be a bit pricey for what it offers. Maybe I'd be better off just buying the full game off ebay?

The Original Pari - Accept Nothing Less (Innocent Until Proven Evil)

Rocketship

Can anyone who has Pop Island tell me if it has good single player? I read the review on this site, but I'm still not quite so sure. It's a game I'd really like to play though. Or does Pop Island Paperfield have enough in it to keep me occupied for long? (Seeing as it's cheaper and what not).

"People were throwing shoes at us in SF and LA. I don't know why. It's like 'You guys are great. Here's my shoe.' People must have been walking around with one shoe." James Hetfield

GreenAbobo

Not really a reply to anyones post, but if you're looking for a good 200pt title I'd recommend GO Series: Portable Shrine Wars. It's look and unique gameplay style brings to mind something Treasure would have concocted in its golden years, albeit in a mini-game format sans the multi-jointed baddies.

GreenAbobo

Rocketship

Aiport Mania: First Flight is another great game for 200pts for those who are interested.

"People were throwing shoes at us in SF and LA. I don't know why. It's like 'You guys are great. Here's my shoe.' People must have been walking around with one shoe." James Hetfield

Sneaker13

I think Airport Mania: First Flight is way too easy. Very fun, but way too easy. Flight Control is very challenging so far and very addicting. Might pick up Airport Mania: Non-Stop Flights in the near future because I think it might be more challenging.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

slidecage

Mickeymac wrote:

I'll try narrowing it Down:

Tetris Party Live
GO Series: Picdun
Metal Torrent
A Kappa's Trail
AlphaBounce
Pro Jumper Guilty Gear Tangent

i would get alphabounce firsst then picdun

slidecage

Birdman

@pariah164 - While Maestro! is a little on the short side, it is a fairly challenging game, especially towards the end. If you can find the game for cheap on eBay, I'd get it, but you may want to check out Green Groove first to see what you'd be getting as a full title.

@Rocketship - Pop Island is a very nice and frantic game, even if you're playing by yourself. It has 8 maps in total and each are well designed and fun to play on. I'm not entirely sure how much content (i.e. maps) Paperfield has, as I recall hearing somewhere it only has 3 maps if you don't own the original but it has 6 if you do; I can't confirm that as I had little interest in getting more of the same after I played the original to death.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

pariah164

@Birdman13 Yeah, I was thinking about that. Someone sells it on ebay but it's $50.

Edited on by pariah164

The Original Pari - Accept Nothing Less (Innocent Until Proven Evil)

LordChimpington

Hey which of these games would you guys recomend.(You can say more then one)
Castle Conqueror
Steam World Tower Defense
Akappa's Trail
Dark Void Zero
Spotto
Aura Aura Climber
Mr Driller
Go Series Captain Sub
Dream Walker
Antipole
Lost Town the Dust
Rabi Lady
Digger Dan
Ivy the Kiwi: Mini

Also if any of these are bad please let me know. And if there is a game $5 or below that's good I am missing let me know. Thanks a Ton!

LordChimpington

Odnetnin

Dark Void Zero and Antipole come recommended from me. DVZ might be the better of the two, in terms of polish and production values, but Antipole will probably last you longer. The former is a jet-and-gun retro platformer while the latter is a gravity-flipping platform-shooter.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

LordChimpington

Oddy wrote:

Dark Void Zero and Antipole come recommended from me. DVZ might be the better of the two, in terms of polish and production values, but Antipole will probably last you longer. The former is a jet-and-gun retro platformer while the latter is a gravity-flipping platform-shooter.

Thanks oddy sound interesting.

Anyone else like any of those ↑↑ up there.

LordChimpington

Dizzard

I have €4 left in the eShop after I bought Shantae, Zenonia (enjoying these two a lot and would recommend them) and Link's Awakening.

I'm thinking of waiting for a good game boy game to come out (they cost €4)

I've seen a couple of interesting €2 games but I'm not anything that stood out. Plus €2 games strike me as small pc flash type games, I think I'd rather gather money to buy something a bit more expensive but with more depth. If only The lost town: The Dust was 1 euro cheaper I'd probably pick that up.

So my question is, do you think there are any €2 games that are complete bargains/ I'd be mad to let slip away and then get two of those......or might it be more shrewd to keep the €4 for a game boy game that comes out in the future.

Edited on by Dizzard

Dizzard

Rocketship

@Birdman Thanks for the info, just downloaded it and I'm having a hell of a time! Can't wait to round up some of my friends and get some multiplayer going!

KnucklesSonic8

TheGameMonkey28 wrote:

Hey which of these games would you guys recomend.(You can say more then one)
Castle Conqueror
Steam World Tower Defense
Akappa's Trail
Dark Void Zero
Spotto
Aura Aura Climber
Mr Driller
Go Series Captain Sub
Dream Walker
Antipole
Lost Town the Dust
Rabi Lady
Digger Dan
Ivy the Kiwi: Mini

Also if any of these are bad please let me know. And if there is a game $5 or below that's good I am missing let me know. Thanks a Ton!

Ivy the Kiwi: Mini & Spotto are definitely worth buying. SteamWorld is great too.

KnucklesSonic8

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic