Forums

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,321 to 1,340 of 1,774

Sneaker13

I'm interested in PicDun, but I'm really puzzled about how this really works. Seems likes a weird combination of Picross and Dungeon RPG like game. But how does it work. What if you enter a wrong square that is not part of the picross puzzle.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

slidecage

Sneaker13 wrote:

I'm interested in PicDun, but I'm really puzzled about how this really works. Seems likes a weird combination of Picross and Dungeon RPG like game. But how does it work. What if you enter a wrong square that is not part of the picross puzzle.

you cant its a fixxed maze.. you can even complete the floors without completing the puzzle of the floor... to give you a basic idea what it plays like Etrian Odyssey ( but just the maping of the floor) there is no job levles and i think your all by youself to the top ) but odysses will give you a basic idea of what the games like (though the floors do not save once you leave them.. meaning the map has to be remade everytime you redo a floor

slidecage

Birdman

@Sneaker - The game takes place in a series of mazes that you move through in a 1st person perspective, and you occasionally have to fight a random battle. The battles have you use the touch screen to attack with simple stylus motions. It's impossible to enter a "wrong square," as all spaces of the dungeon encompass the picture that will be revealed at the end of the level, provided you find all of the spaces, as most levels have a puzzle that you must complete to enter all of the spaces in a level. You don't need to complete the puzzle to move on to the next level, as there are elevators every 5 levels that allow you to go back and re-do those previous levels in order. I hope that helps you out.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Well, I just got Telegraph Crosswords. Was that a bad idea?

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

slidecage

Looks like 4 games coming july 7

Jewel keepers Easter Island 500 pts (

Welcome to Jewel Keepers: Easter Island – an addictive match-three arcade action game with mind-blowing visuals and engaging storyline! This game will keep you entertained for hours, as you travel across Easter Island and help to unveil its mysteries.

One day Professor “H”, the world-renowned expert on Easter Island, received a strange letter from the capital city Hanga Roa. It was a cry for help from somebody unknown. It said that something bad was going on the island. Without any hesitation, Professor, together with his assistant Joel and his granddaughter Ivie, rushed to the island, where many puzzles, mysteries and quests awaited them. Can you help him to reveal the greatest secret of Easter Island?
Features

More than 20 levels spread all over Easter Island
Tons of different board shapes
Intriguing story about the mysteries of Easter Island

ROLLER ANGELS 500 pts

Dark days are upon the town of Blissburg!
Roller Angels is a side-scrolling platform game where an alien race known as the Monodrones is stealing the town’s precious colors. It’s up to the Roller Angels to roll into action and restore color to their beloved town. With the help of Dr. Lionel who developed a special spray paint, the angels use the spray paint to bring color back.

MAKE UP AND STYLE 500 pts

Game OverviewBecome a Make-up Artist!
This game has been designed by a female games designer! Allow your creativity to run wild as a famous make-up artist with realistic make-up tools! You can even create a 3D face, simply take picture of your face, place it onto a 3D face and apply make-up. Complete various missions and become a professional make-up artist.
Features

• Create thousands of different faces
  • Use the stylus to apply make-up to the 3D face very precisely
  • 16 types of make-up tools: brushes, mascara, lipsticks, eye pencils and more
  • 23 missions with a humorous story in Career mode

and what will probally be GAME OF THE WEEK (since the rest look like trash)

FARM FRENZY 500 pts ------ would have to wait to see if the FULL CART GAME

Get a load of the country life in Farm Frenzy, a super-fun arcade game that lets you show Old MacDonald how it's done!
Slip into a pair of overalls and try your hand at running a farm! From tending to the fields where your cows graze to gathering eggs for sale at the town market, Farm Frenzy lets you give Old MacDonald a run for the money!

slidecage

Tare

Wait, you can get Excite bike for the DSI? Is that true Redmad?

Anyway, I never really looked at any of the DSI ware games and to put it bluntly, I'm too lazy to do my own research.
But I do appreciate any recomendations so anybody have any? Open to any genre, but I like challenging games so long as they aren't like...just annoyingly hard.

Thaaaaaanks for noticin' me.

jdarrell

Re: Excitebike
"eshop account"

jdarrell

sykotek

I don't feel there's much point in stating the obvious DSiWare titles in this thread since everyone else already has, so some of the more obscure titles I've enjoyed recently are Dairojo and Digger Dan. Give them a try, they're well made and definitely worth playing.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

Squiggle55

i'm enjoying tetris, bejeweled, aura-aura climber, and fieldrunners as my first purchases.

I also bought the Mario Clock because I thought I could set it to play a song from my 3DS Sound library as an alarm. Little did I know that you can only play things you have recorded, and you can only record something for 10 seconds. So I recorded 10 seconds of a song that doesn't sound too horrible on a loop...

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

Bassman_Q

Bought Trajectile a few days ago and its awesome!

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

sam322

i would definetly recommend the following titles:

• x-scape ( amzing game and brings back memories for retro gamers or nes gamers)
  • starship defense ( audacious tower defense game at only 5 bucks)
  • trajectile ( it's a really addicting game, trust me!)

If there is a broil between 3DS and PS VITA, then GO 3DS!!!
My e-mail: [email protected]
youtube aCCOUNT: Sams3dsReviews
3ds friend code:352...

cheapogamer4life

Hey guys! Can anyone recommend a AAA title that has came out within the last couple of months. The newest title I've bought was Glory Days and I've been trying to keep up with the DSiware since the, but due to all the "meh" releases it kinda hard to stay interested. No puzzlers though, but an action puzzler would be ok.

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

Sneaker13

PicDun maybe? I really enjoyed it so far. It's basically a dungeon crawler with random fights. There are some puzzles in there which are required to get the 100% and solve the Picross like image on the top screen.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -

Sneaker13

Oh, and Airport Mania seems pretty good as well, but I haven't tried it yet.

Friendcodes:

Birdman

@cheapo - Not a whole lot has come out on DSiWare that could be considered AAA, but some of my favorite recent titles have been GO Series: Picdun, Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords, and Digger Dan & Kaboom.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

Squiggle55

Redmad wrote:

Hello everyone.

Excuse my bad english please. I'm French and quite young.
Well, I'll soon have 20 Euros for my e shop account and i want to buy some good games for the summer.

I allready have:
-Mario's Ciment Factory
-Donkey Kong Jr
-Paper Plane
-Photo Dojo (Pictures Dojo ? )
-Aura-Aura
-Pokedex 3D
-Radar Mission
-Double Dragon
-Super Mario Land
-Donkey Kong
-Excitebike

Any ideas ?

I would consider Tetris a must-have personally. I'm having a lot of fun battling people online, although some of them are just insanely good. And I've spent a lot of time trying to beat level 4 of the computer battle.

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

slidecage

cheapogamer4life wrote:

Hey guys! Can anyone recommend a AAA title that has came out within the last couple of months. The newest title I've bought was Glory Days and I've been trying to keep up with the DSiware since the, but due to all the "meh" releases it kinda hard to stay interested. No puzzlers though, but an action puzzler would be ok.

FARM FRENZY is coming to the states on july 7 for 500.... if you like those types of games

slidecage

Odnetnin

slidecage wrote:

cheapogamer4life wrote:

FARM FRENZY is coming to the states on july 7 for 500.... if you like those types of games

If you're gonna get a farm game, get QuickPick Farmer. It's not AAA, but frenetically fun, only 200 points, and made by a one-man indie dev who has an account on NL.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Bankai

slidecage wrote:

cheapogamer4life wrote:

Oh man, Farm Frenzy is awesome. I have it on the PSP Minis, and love the game to death.

But then I am a time management fan. Still. Farm Frenzy is the best of those. (and it's not a "farming game" like the previous poster suggests. At all)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic