Forums

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,341 to 1,360 of 1,774

sykotek

It may be different for other platforms, but I have Farm Frenzy for Android and personally, it isn't a game I'd even remotely categorize as close to being awesome. Normally I wouldn't say anything, but after reading so many positive posts..., it's so meh, it makes me sick, the thought of anyone wasting their hard earned money on it. ...but different strokes for different folks, here's a video so you can make up your own mind.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

Squiggle55

WaltzElf wrote:

time management

does that mean like Rollercoaster Tycoon or something like that for example? I like managing things too, makes me kind of wonder if I should download supermarket mania.

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

Bankai

sykotek wrote:

It may be different for other platforms, but I have Farm Frenzy for Android and personally, it isn't a game I'd even remotely categorize as close to being awesome. Normally I wouldn't say anything, but after reading so many positive posts..., it's so meh, it makes me sick, the thought of anyone wasting their hard earned money on it. ...but different strokes for different folks, here's a video so you can make up your own mind.

Wow is that a terrible version of the game. Where's the happy music? The cute animation? The personality? It's far more entertaining on the PSP as a mini.

That is pretty much proof of how music and presentation are important to games.

does that mean like Rollercoaster Tycoon or something like that for example? I like managing things too, makes me kind of wonder if I should download supermarket mania.

No, those are simulation games. Time management is a genre where you've got multiple things to do, and need to multi-task to get them all completed within a set time limit, make sure customers are happy etc etc. There's nothing deep about these games, but like tower defence games they can be simple, charming and addictive.

sykotek

Since the DSiWare version is likely a stripped down port of the retail cart, I've found video of the DS retail release.
http://www.kewego.com/video/iLyROoafvxYu.html

Honestly, regardless of graphics, it doesn't seem very interesting to me, but that's just my opinion. It's good to know the Android version wasn't a proper representation of Farm Frenzy though, it sucked.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

turtlelink

Ok, Shantae or Minis March Again?
MMA is cheaper and it seems really fun. Shantae looks good too but its a bit pricey.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

MrArcade

2000 points
bird and bombs (spotto!) - 200
a little bit of... dr mario (dr mario express) - 500
reflect missile (projectile) - 500
mario vs dk: minis march again! - 800

MrArcade

Oregano

Alright guys I've already got quite a lot of DSiware but I'm looking for a new game or two so you can just throw any suggestions out there.

The stuff I'm looking for:
any price but cheaper is better
can be played in quick bursts and can be taken at your own pace
preferably has lots of content and not much repetitiveness

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

slidecage

Oregano wrote:

Alright guys I've already got quite a lot of DSiware but I'm looking for a new game or two so you can just throw any suggestions out there.

The stuff I'm looking for:
any price but cheaper is better
can be played in quick bursts and can be taken at your own pace
preferably has lots of content and not much repetitiveness

Any suggestions are appreciated!

airport mania 200 pts is a nice game for 2oopts
Farm frenzy comes out tomorrow at 500 pts

slidecage

iphys

Frenzic is 200 points and can be played in quick bursts (although I have a hard time stopping myself from playing just one game). I guess it is sort of repetitive, but repetitive like Tetris is repetitive: it's always the same simple gameplay, but every game is different because the pieces are randomized.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

Retro_on_theGo

turtlelink wrote:

MMA is cheaper and it seems really fun. Shantae looks good too but its a bit pricey.

It depends. If you prefer platformers over games where you don't control the characters I'd recommend Shantae. In my opinion though Shantae is a little bit too short for the asking price. Plus it's not very challenging at all up until the end. With MMA you get new levels by online plus some levels can get tough. I've only seen videos of that game though so I'm probably not the best person to be saying that.

KnucklesSonic8

Personally, I think there are better games to get than Frenzic. Here are some suggestions, Oregano:
Fire Panic, Spotto, Flight Control, Number Battle, Big Bass Arcade, DodoGo! Robo, G.G. Series SUPER HERO OGRE.

KnucklesSonic8

Oregano

Thanks for the suggestion guys. I'm not really into fishing games(BBA isn't out in europe anyway) and I already have a few of those games.... and I don't really want any more puzzle games. It might sound weird but I want a game where I control some form of character.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

Oregano

Yup, and Paperfield as well.

turtlelink

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

It depends. If you prefer platformers over games where you don't control the characters I'd recommend Shantae. In my opinion though Shantae is a little bit too short for the asking price. Plus it's not very challenging at all up until the end. With MMA you get new levels by online plus some levels can get tough. I've only seen videos of that game though so I'm probably not the best person to be saying that.

Thanks. I chose MMA and its pretty fun!
4-5 is pretty tough though

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Oregano

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Birds and Beans sounds like it would fit your needs and it's only 200 points.

That's Pyoro in Europe right? In which case, I have it.

EDIT:

KnucklesSonic8 wrote:

Ever try Escapee Go?

Nope, what is it like?

Edited on by Oregano

rosemo

@Oregano: Escapee Go! is a stealth-based game where you basically try to guide a young lady through a maze-like level to the exit. Of course, along the way you pick up power ups and keycards, etc. Kind of like a stealthy Pac-man. The game is 13-14 levels long and playable on 3 difficulties. I think I spent about 2 hours with altogether and beat the game on all three difficulty levels, but I thought it was well made for 200 points.

OFF-TOPIC: I took a look at your website and really like the design. It's clean and well-organized. Good job!

rosemo

3DS Friend Code: 2449-5643-2899 | Nintendo Network ID: rosemo | Twitter:

Oregano

rosebud wrote:

OFF-TOPIC: I took a look at your website and really like the design. It's clean and well-organized. Good job!

Nooooooo Escapee Go isn't out in Europe yet. I'll have to remember to check it out when it is.

Thanks for the compliment but I'm just using a variant on the standard 2010 Wordpress theme. I know very little about website design.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic