Forums

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,221 to 1,240 of 1,774

KnucklesSonic8

Hmm, hard to say since I haven't even beat the game yet. I don't play it over long sessions though. It's great for short plays and it's pretty challenging.

You can't go wrong with either of those games, really.

KnucklesSonic8

RudysaurusRex

Soul of Darkness.
Earthworm Jim.
Asphalt 4.
Dark Void Zero.
Best.
Games.
On Dsiware.
EVER.

SPREAD THE JOY OF THE GREAT TURTLE
HE IS UPON US AND WILL TAKE US TO THE GREAT WAVE
JOIN THE COURT OF TURTLES AND BE REDEEMED
THE COURT OF TURTLES

3DS Friend Code: 0061-3403-4305 | Nintendo Network ID: AlexTheGrayt | Twitter:

rolLTheDice

Be sure to check out AlphaBounce and Reflect Missile as well. Imo you get some very great value out of these two games.

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

KnucklesSonic8

Yes, I also highly recommend Alphabounce.

KnucklesSonic8

slidecage

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

What are some good 500 point games? I'm sorting out how to spend my last points and so far the only 500 point game I really want is flipper 2 and it's not out yet. I'm looking for one more. MAYBE 2.

ubongo is a fun but short game (around 6 hours)
number battle is another very fun but short game (around 7 hours to beat the main story)

airport mania is a very fun game for 200 pts maybe that and get another 200 pt game if your looking at breaking up points

slidecage

Birdman

Givng this the bump before the deluge of "what should I get" threads appears after the update.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

JeanLuc_Vaycard

I was looking at some of the few offerings of RPGs that DSiware has. Anyone have any recommendations in terms of those? I'm considering all of them really.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Birdman

@Kainard - I've recently become addicted to Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords. It's apparently the full release, so for $8 it's a steal. I'm not sure if one would consider AlphaBounce an RPG, but it's got heavy customization and is very, very, very long. I've heard that both Anonymous Notes games are decent hack-and-slashers, but I haven't played either of them myself. Same thing with Zenonia.

@Sylverstone - Nice article. Any reason PvZ, Trajectile and Starship Defense didn't make it, or were they just #s 16-18?

Edited on by Birdman

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

slidecage

can anyone recommend any LONG lasting games for the money.. or very good games

was hoping nintendo updated their site over the weekend to give idea what else is coming in june but so far seems june 6 is the latest update

Tomorrow planning on picking up

PICDUM 500 pts

if i knew they were good and long (or very fun to play would grab)
5 in one solatare
earth saver
my little restaurant
glory days tac. defence

slidecage

iphys

The longest-lasting 200-point games I've played are Aura-Aura Climber and Advanced Circuits. Frenzic is very addicting and will probably take you a while to master.

The longest-lasting 500-point games I've played are Glow Artisan and Trajectile. Art Style Boxlife and Pictobits have a lot of replay value, and you could play Tetris Party Live over and over forever. Flametail is quite good and somewhat addicting as well.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

pixelbuffer

Yeah, seconding Trajectile and Tetris Party Live for long games. The Art Style games tend to have a lot of content and replayability too - I suggest BOXLIFE, DIGIDRIVE, PiCTOBiTS and precipice. If you like pinball games then Pinball Pulse: The Ancients Beckon is fantastic value for money. The board is amazing. Too bad it can't be imported to the 3DS.

pixelbuffer

Twitter:

cheapogamer4life

Looks like Pinball Pulse has the go ahead for 3ds. Yay

3ds.nintendolife.com/news/2011/06/nintendo_updates_dsiware_to_3ds_transfer_list_with_more_titles

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

slidecage

looks like now DSIWERE games on the 13h.. shows 2 games coming out on the 16th as the next 2 games

DOUBLE EDIT

just noticed the NEXT two release dates are JUNE 16 ( THURSDAY) looks like nintendo is going to change what days Games come out on.. or its a misprint

Only two games on the 16th it shows

ZIMO MaHJONG FAntic
and
Beach party crazy (800 pts) i would of grabbed this at 500... 800 is way way too high for a very short looking game

Edited on by slidecage

slidecage

Bassman_Q

Hey everyone I wanna buy another 200 point game and am looking at Tower of Deus and Airport Mania First Flight. I read both reviews but wanna hear you guys' insight. Which do you feel is more fun and which lasts longer?

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

slidecage

never played tower of deus ... airport mania im going to guess around 5 hours

those wondering about the JUNE 16 games

seems you can see

Beach party craze on the pc (just google it)

Edited on by slidecage

slidecage

Merfairy

I'm thinking about getting 500 points (or 4.99 in the eshop I guess) for Pop island paperfield and DodoGo! Robo. Are these games any good? And is there anything you can do with the left over 100 points?

Just call the Four .......Fantastic Four!

Birdman

@Qwikman - Imo Tower of Deus isn't that good. It lacks creative level design and a few of the platforming designs, namely flying and ledge grabbing, aren't very good. Overall it feels bland and uninspired.

@Merfairy - Paperfield and DodoGo! Robo are solid choices for 200 points each. Another 200 point game you should seriously consider is Aura-Aura Climber. And sadly, due to the eShop's (and DSiWare's) pricing model, there's nothing you can do with those remaining 100 points.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic