Forums

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,241 to 1,260 of 1,772

jdarrell

Paperfield is fun to play CTF game and cheap, but it's more about getting an original game instead of something you'll play forever.

jdarrell

Bassman_Q

@Birdman & slidecage- Alright thanks for the tip. Think I'll download Airport Mania then.

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

slidecage

picked up picdum or whatever its called for 500 pts ... up to level 5 so far and sort of bored with it .. poor mans e. odyessy game... hopefully it gets better.. doesnt even keep track of your floors (meaning if you play floor 1-4 get to floor 5 and go back to floor 1... the map you made of floor 1 is gone

probally doubt it but anyone know where you can find maps of each floor... i got 1-5 done very easy.. floor 6 to 10 im missing like 1 to 2 steps in each floor

Will admit the game does grow on you... it would be nice though if you get the picture complete the picture stays complete and you dont hve to remap the floors

Edited on by slidecage

slidecage

Kit

So I've still got 800 DSi points left on my DSi and am wondering what the must-have game or app to spend it on before importing it over to my 3DS. If you had 800 DSi points to spend on any DSiWare title for use on a 3DS what would you choose? Oh, decisions decisions.

Kit

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2500-0959

Birdman

@KitBliss - There are two options you could do. For the one you mentioned, probably the best 800 point game on DSiWare is X-Scape. On the other hand, you could always get 4 200 point games, but X-Scape is probably the better option.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

Kit

Ah ha, thanks Birdman13. I was thinking about getting this game a while back, but I just forgot the name of the title. I will most definitely take a closer look. It should lend itself to the 3DS nicely. Cheers bud!

Kit

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2500-0959

slidecage

Still looking on nintendo home page

Seems the Dsi /3ds releases will be moved from MONDAYS to THURSDAYS... still shows the next 3 games coming on the dsi for JUNE 16

Gold fever for 500 pts (very old pc port worth 200 nothing more)
Beach party craze for 800 pts (old pc port maybe 200 to 500 never worth 800)
Mahjong fantact for 200 pts (weird looking game without instructions can find this game very hard)

major disappointed with nintendo

slidecage

rosemo

@KitBliss: Do yourself a favor and buy X-Scape. I wholeheartedly agree with Birdman13. It is a really good game.

rosemo

3DS Friend Code: 2449-5643-2899 | Nintendo Network ID: rosemo | Twitter:

Bassman_Q

@KitBliss: I third getting X-Scape. It's my second-favorite DSiWare game, and probably has among the most content. It really defines what DSiWare is all about.

So I DL'd Airport Mania: First Flight, and its just awesome. Best 200-point DSiware game imo. Even beats Aura-Aura Climber.

Also DL'd PicDun, and its driving me nuts. Not bad, but the hints just drive me crazy. _

Edited on by Bassman_Q

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

Squiggle55

i'm completely new to dsiware now with my 3DS and was hoping for some recommendations for anything like RPGs, Strategy, Tower Defense, or anything that you just consider can't miss. I really enjoy light-hearted titles too, and classic sprites and that sort of thing. thanks!

Edited on by Squiggle55

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

Birdman

@Squiggle - One of (if not the) best tower defense games on DSiWare is Starship Defense. You should not miss it. A great strategy game not to be missed is Number Battle. Those are about the only two I can recommend, as I'm not huge on those genres you mentioned and I don't recommend games I don't have, but other must-have can't-miss titles I can recommend are the following: Aura-Aura Climber, Digger Dan & Kaboom, Trajectile, X-Scape, A Kappa's Trail, Dark Void Zero and Bejeweled Twist.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

Squiggle55

thanks Birdman! that will definitely help with a starting place, i'll start reading about all of those now.

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

HolyMackerel

3DS players! Here's a quick rundown of good games (imo) for you DSiWare noobs, along with my personal rating out of 5. For more info you can check out the DSiWare reviews and discussions on NL. Not all of these will be available on the 3DS, unfortunately.

200 pts:

• AiRace Tunnel ★★★
  • Aura-Aura Climber ★★★★
  • GO Series: 10-Second Run ★★★★
  • Photo Dojo ★★★
  • Pop Island: Paperfield ★★★★
  • Rytmik Rock Edition (800 EU) ★★★★★
  • Spotto! ★★★★
  • Sudoku (EA version) ★★★★

500 pts:

• A Kappa's Trail ★★★★
  • AlphaBounce ★★★★
  • Art Style: AQUIA ★★★
  • Art Style: BASE 10 ★★★
  • Art Style: BOXLIFE ★★★★
  • Art Style: DIGIDRIVE ★★★★★
  • Art Style: PiCTOBiTS ★★★★
  • Art Style: precipice ★★★★
  • Chronos Twin ★★★
  • Dark Void Zero ★★★★
  • Fieldrunners ★★★
  • Glow Artisan ★★★★
  • Number Battle ★★★★★
  • Pinball Pulse: The Ancients Beckon ★★★★★
  • Pop Island ★★★★
  • Starship Defense ★★★★★
  • Tetris Party Live (800 EU) ★★★★★
  • Trajectile ★★★★★

800+ pts:

• Cave Story ★★★★★ (score based on PC/WiiWare ver.)
  • Mighty Flip Champs! ★★★
  • Mighty Milky Way (don't have it, but looks awesome)
  • Plants vs. Zombies ★★★★★ (score based on PC ver.)
  • Puzzle Quest ★★★★ (score based on DS retail ver.)
  • Shantae: Risky's Revenge ★★★★
  • Rytmik ★★★★★
  • X-Scape ★★★★★

Somehow I feel like I'm missing some others I enjoyed...

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

Mirrorball

HolyMackerel, thanks for the list.
i actually looked for that Pinball Pulse game using the 3DS, but it didn't show up
i'll have to check again!

Mirrorball

Birdman

@Mirrorball - Actually, it may not be there at all. Pinball Pulse is one of about 20 DSiWare titles not able to be transferred to the 3DS, so consequently it may not be available for purchase.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

Mirrorball

Birdman13 wrote:

@Mirrorball - Actually, it may not be there at all. Pinball Pulse is one of about 20 DSiWare titles not able to be transferred to the 3DS, so consequently it may not be available for purchase.

that sucks :/
the 2 that are available seem a little too simple, for the price.
i can't believe one of only around 20 games is one that i really wanted. oh well...
thanks for letting me know!

Mirrorball

Sneaker13

So I'm looking for games with online support (prefer online play, but things like leaderboards as well). Tetris Party Live was mentioned, are there any others.

BTW, can I play Shantae without having played the GBC original?

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

ImDiggerDan

Sneaker13 wrote:

BTW, can I play Shantae without having played the GBC original?

I did, without a problem. I personally didn't think Shantae deserved quite all the hype it got. It's a beautifully presented game with a lot of polish, by far the best looking game on DSiWare but I felt the design was lacking a little. It seemed very short to me although it may have helped if I had then gone round collecting every missing item (something I normally like to do with games) but all the missing items were for upgrades to the weapons that I didn't really use when playing the game in the first place so I just didn't feel the need to grind round every screen to see what I'd missed.

Director of Four Horses. Developer of Digger Dan games.
On sale on the Nintendo 3DS eShop from 19th May 2016.
www.fourhorses.co.uk

Twitter:

HolyMackerel

Agreed with ImDiggerDan on Shantae RR. It was immensely hyped before release and the lack of content was disappointing. The story, gameplay and sprite work were great but it ended way too fast. Still I'd recommend it if you love 16-bit type platformers.

@Sneaker13 Tetris Party Live is probably the most active online game. Other WFC games include Number Battles, Uno, Bomberman Blitz, Dragon Quest Wars, Mario Vs Donkey Kong (level sharing) and Metal Torrent (leaderboards).

There's a list of multiplayer DSiWare games and their capabilites here, though it's not been updated for ages.

HolyMackerel

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic