DSi / DS Forum

Topic: DS Lite better than DSi?

Showing 1 to 20 of 63

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RJay

1. Posted:

I mean think about it....the DS Lite has a massive Game Boy Advance library....the DSi has....clocks and calculators you can download...

Water Warfare 3481-0499-8502
Super Smash Bros. Brawl 2535-5527-9255

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Roopa132

2. Posted:

No. A game console shouldn't be judged by it's ability to play games from previous game consoles but from it's own library and it's Hardware. And the DSi simply has more games.
And sorry to say that but you do the typical fanboy thing:

RJay wrote:

the DSi has....clocks and calculators you can download...

That's the typical thing that a fanboy does: You always just point out the weak site of something. Of course you don't mention the ArtStyle Games, Mario vs. Donkey Kong Minis March Again, Mighty Flip Champs, Ghostwire, Flipper, Mecho Wars, Real Football / Soccer 2009, Asphalt 4 etc. etc.... No. You mention the clocks and calculators...

And the Hard- and Software from the DSi is better, too. It has a cool menu, you can changegames without shutting down the DSi and you have a camera. And before you start all this "I don't need a camera" "The camera sucks" .... Do you need a touchscreen? No. Why do you have one? Because it's an awesome way to interact with games....so is the camera. So if you say "I don't need the camera" then you could live without the touchscreen, too. So what's the point of having a DS at all?

Edited on by Roopa132

Probably getting a Vita with LBP soon...

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Slapshot

3. Posted:

I can't say that I agree. The larger screens and DSiWare and the potentail it has just waiting for it as well as the VC that is sure to come. I have to say DSi. IF you still have a GBA that is. I still play my GBA quite a bit.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

4. Posted:

Hellz no! lol
I enjoy listening to my music from the SD card, and the whole camera thing...well I don't use it much but I like having my favorite pics pop up when I turn the thing on. And while it doesn't have that many great games, yet, the DSi Ware is pretty neat. I hope they update the thing with some sort of video player next. :p

EDIT: Forgot to add that it does suck that it has no GBA slot, but to me it doesn't really matter since I've never really played many GBA games anymore anyways, meaning I don't have any anymore.

Edited on by Xiao_Pai

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

5. Posted:

The DSi is far more versatile in terms of what it can do, and has far more functionality to come in Facebook and Flip Note Studio. Beyond that - more and more games will be released for the download service, and it plays all the DS games.

The longer the DSi is out, the better it will get. And then Nintendo will launch the next console, and people will complain about how the "DSi2 is not as good as the DSi because it doesn't play all the games!"

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

6. Posted:

People have to decide if they like the Gameboy slot or dowloadable stuff.

Contrary to popular belief, the DSi doesn't have any extra hardware for games, so it won't be getting any exclusive retail games. Regular DS owners will never miss out when it comes to retail games.

It just all depends how much you like the camera and downloadable things on the DSi.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MetalMario

7. Posted:

I have a DS Fat and a Lite, then they come out with i. The only reason I would even think about getting a DSi would be if they had a Game Boy Virtual Console, or a REALLY good Mario or Zelda game on DSiWare that was as big as a regular game on a DS card.

Don't get me wrong, they're nice, but I can't keep shelling out all this money for ANOTHER DS when the two I have work fine.

Mario is my homeboy! It matters not how you play. What matters...is how you fall.[00:49] PhoenixSage doesn't understand what's so hot about Metal's momFor friend codes, check my backloggery.VGM Bronze Medal - 37 Points
My Backloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

8. Posted:

MetalMario wrote:

or a REALLY good Mario or Zelda game on DSiWare that was as big as a regular game on a DS card.

Well considering the DSi can't handle anything like that, you don't have to worry about that one. lol

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Roopa132

9. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

People have to decide if they like the Gameboy slot or dowloadable stuff.

Contrary to popular belief, the DSi doesn't have any extra hardware for games, so it won't be getting any exclusive retail games. Regular DS owners will never miss out when it comes to retail games.

It just all depends how much you like the camera and downloadable things on the DSi.

Uhm you know...the DSi has a CAMERA. How is that not extra hardware? And the upcoming game "Ghostwire" is rumored to be the first DSi retail game!

AlexSays wrote:

MetalMario wrote:

or a REALLY good Mario or Zelda game on DSiWare that was as big as a regular game on a DS card.

Well considering the DSi can't handle anything like that, you don't have to worry about that one. lol

What do you mean the DSi can't handle a normal game? ... I start to think that you don't even know what the DSi is xD

Edited on by Roopa132

Probably getting a Vita with LBP soon...

AuthorMessage
Avatar

y2josh

10. Posted:

The downloadable stuff on the DSi so far looks 90% lame to me. The DSiVC would be the only thing that would get me to get another one unless my DS LIte tore up somehow. I'd say equal, not better.

y2josh

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

11. Posted:

Roopa132 wrote:

Uhm you know...the DSi has a CAMERA. How is that not extra hardware? And the upcoming game "Ghostwire" is rumored to be the first DSi retail game!

Extra hardware for games.

There's games that can use the camera but the DSi doesn't have more power for games than the regular DS.

If a game is exclusive to the DSI it's only because of the camera, not because it can't be done on the DS's hardware.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

12. Posted:

Roopa132 wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

MetalMario wrote:

or a REALLY good Mario or Zelda game on DSiWare that was as big as a regular game on a DS card.

Well considering the DSi can't handle anything like that, you don't have to worry about that one. lol

What do you mean the DSi can't handle a normal game? ... I start to think that you don't even know what the DSi is xD

Uh, we're talking about downloadable games, chief.

Make sure to read everything next time.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ballistikboy

13. Posted:

The dsi is def much better! I kept my old one around to play the GBA games, so I'm covered there... I love the camera and sound additions, better web browser, etc. And the dsi shop!

++((b@LLiSTikB0y))++
"HATE is a big word, so make sure you got yo big boy britches on when you use it." -Me

AuthorMessage
Avatar

y2josh

14. Posted:

I don't know, it just bothers me to buy what seems like the same thing multiple times for 170 dollars

y2josh

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Roopa132

15. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

Uh, we're talking about downloadable games, chief.

Make sure to read everything next time.

Why would the DSi not be able to download up to 256 MB? (that's the maximum data for a cartidge but most games are not even near 256MB)

AlexSays wrote:

Extra hardware for games.

There's games that can use the camera but the DSi doesn't have more power for games than the regular DS.

If a game is exclusive to the DSI it's only because of the camera, not because it can't be done on the DS's hardware.

The DSi has 133 Mhz CPU that's double as much as the previous ones.
And it has 16 MB RAM four times as much as the previous ones...

I don't really know if this really has to do with games :P but it has better hardware so maybe....

Edited on by Roopa132

Probably getting a Vita with LBP soon...

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

16. Posted:

Roopa132 wrote:

Why would the DSi not be able to download up to 256 MB? (that's the maximum data for a cartidge but most games are not even near 256MB)

Downloading might not even be the problem, though lord only knows how long it'd take.

The problem is storage and running such large games without a cartridge.

Roopa132 wrote:

The DSi has 133 Mhz CPU that's double as much as the previous ones.
And it has 16 MB RAM four times as much as the previous ones...

I don't really know if this really has to do with games :P but it has better hardware so maybe....

Better hardware for running all the extra features constantly.

Same reason the DSi battery goes quicker than the DS battery, it has much more going on.

There's a reason Nintendo has never come out and given any specific details. They've always beat around the bush and said "Well, yeah, this has more power so your money is well spent!" but they won't come out and say the DSi can run games any better than the regular DS.

Heck, Nintendo knows most devs won't ignore the 100 million regular DS owners, so why would they pay extra money for more powerful hardware that'll hardly ever be used? If we've seen anything this gen it's that Nintendo doesn't offer any extra horsepower. lol

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

17. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

Roopa132 wrote:

Uhm you know...the DSi has a CAMERA. How is that not extra hardware? And the upcoming game "Ghostwire" is rumored to be the first DSi retail game!

Extra hardware for games.

There's games that can use the camera but the DSi doesn't have more power for games than the regular DS.

If a game is exclusive to the DSI it's only because of the camera, not because it can't be done on the DS's hardware.

Potentially a game could make use of the DSi's music/ SD card slot capabilties - think rhythm game where you use your favourite music.

And doesn't the DSi use different technology for its online capabilities? Or, additional maps/ addons/ weapons/ powerups through the shop channel.

Either way, there are things that can possibly be done with the DSi that cannot be done with the other DS consoles. We just haven't seen much by way of innovation with the new features yet.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

18. Posted:

The only thing you can really do with the original DS versions, is play Guitar Hero and thats about it. I have a DSi and missing out on a Handheld version of Guitar Hero is no skin off my nose.

As the DSi has many features, devs can be more creative, thus a small amount of people who own the DSi(when compared to the hundreds of Thousands who own the Phat DS & DS Lite), making a game for the DSi exclusively wouldn`t be a smart choice, so early in release.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

hylianhalcyon

19. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

Roopa132 wrote:

Why would the DSi not be able to download up to 256 MB? (that's the maximum data for a cartidge but most games are not even near 256MB)

Downloading might not even be the problem, though lord only knows how long it'd take.

The problem is storage and running such large games without a cartridge.

Roopa132 wrote:

The DSi has 133 Mhz CPU that's double as much as the previous ones.
And it has 16 MB RAM four times as much as the previous ones...

I don't really know if this really has to do with games :P but it has better hardware so maybe....

Better hardware for running all the extra features constantly.

Same reason the DSi battery goes quicker than the DS battery, it has much more going on.

The reason the DSi battery goes quicker than the DS Lite and DS Phat batteries is because its battery is smaller than the batteries of the other 2 models.

Edited on by hylianhalcyon

"People who alter or destroy works of art and cultural heritage for profit, or as an exercise of power, are barbarians." - George Lucas, 1988

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

20. Posted:

@hylian
No the DSi has the same hardware as the other DS system just that the DSi has more functions in which uses up more battery juice in this case.
If you would`ve read the postd above^^ you would know this.
(Though I didn`t learn it myself from reading their posts all in all its kinda common sense.)

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury