Forums

Topic: amiibo

Posts 901 to 920 of 1,777

skywake

Bigger sample size for "eazy to get-ness" of each of the Amiibos from this wave. Found out earlier that EBGames had some available online to order from today, this is the way they've gone:

Still Available: Bowser, Rosalina, Sheik, Meta Knight, Lucario, Sonic, Mega Man
Out of stock: Shulk, Toon Link
Not even listed anymore: King Dedede, Ike

So based on both that and what I saw this morning, from easiest to get to the hardest (at least in Australia):

• Sonic
  • Rosalina
  • Bowser
  • MegaMan
  • Lucario
  • Meta Knight
  • Sheik
  • Toon Link
  • Shulk
  • King Dedede
  • Ike

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

MegaStoneSmash91

@TeeJay Don't worry about your pre-orders, as you should be fine. @faint replied to you, though it's kinda hiding in there, and that info is correct. Most of the wave 3 amiibo haven't been released in North America yet, not counting the Nintendo World store in New York. We've only seen Toon Link, Sheik, Bowser, and Lucario appear early at many Toys R Us stores. They aren't even supposed to sell Lucario yet, but the other 3 can be purchased just fine. Some Targets sold Sheik early as well, but Toon Link, Bowser and Rosalina have a date of Feb. 1st for them and can't be sold until then. All other wave 3 characters don't really have a known date of release for any retailer yet despite being available in other parts of the world already.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Knux

TeeJay wrote:

I nver cared much for Toad. The bulbous head and weird diaper make for a bad design to me.

On the subject of the Bowser amiibo, in my hand he feels quite hefty. I'd say he's about double the weight of, say, the Pikachu or Link amiibo. I wonder if Nintendo makes less money off of him since he requires so much more plastic?

I'm only buying him because I want to play the new mode in Captain Toad. I currently don't care about Mario Party 10. I also ordered Bowser from GameStop's website. That makes four amiibos that I own (Yoshi, Peach, Kirby, and soon Bowser).

Knux

DefHalan

I think I am going to try to buy the whole Super Mario set

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

TeeJay

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

@TeeJay Don't worry about your pre-orders, as you should be fine. @faint replied to you, though it's kinda hiding in there, and that info is correct. Most of the wave 3 amiibo haven't been released in North America yet, not counting the Nintendo World store in New York. We've only seen Toon Link, Sheik, Bowser, and Lucario appear early at many Toys R Us stores. They aren't even supposed to sell Lucario yet, but the other 3 can be purchased just fine. Some Targets sold Sheik early as well, but Toon Link, Bowser and Rosalina have a date of Feb. 1st for them and can't be sold until then. All other wave 3 characters don't really have a known date of release for any retailer yet despite being available in other parts of the world already.

This makes me feel a bit better, thanks.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

TeeJay

Yeah I saw that just now at GoNintendo. Ridiculous

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Sportsfan1712

I'm only collecting the smash amiibo. I will buy other amiibo I REALLYYYYYY like, but none else. I am not planning on the mario series amiibo. They will be very common, except the rosalina and toad ones.

Sup

ultraraichu

Wait all of that happened today at NWS? I knew i should of paid a visit after work. I wonder what amiibo they have (or had if sold out) for sale.

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

theflipper

Could everyone please stop buying amiibo from Germany? Amazon - for the first time ever - doesn't allow preorders of some characters (Meta, Shulk). "Product not available" it says. It never did that. STOP IT!

On the other hand we have tons of every amiibo in the big stores so I still can get them but I prefer to have them delivered to my house.

There's a Target style store close to mny house. They only have the first wave amiibo and they have all of them. And I have a feeling they haven't sold a single one. Would love to hear about how successfull they actually are in Europe. Seems like all the hype is US based. How are they doing in Japan?

theflipper

Captain05crunch

@theflipper

theflipper wrote:

Could everyone please stop buying amiibo from Germany? Amazon - for the first time ever - doesn't allow preorders of some characters (Meta, Shulk). "Product not available" it says. It never did that. STOP IT!

On the other hand we have tons of every amiibo in the big stores so I still can get them but I prefer to have them delivered to my house.

There's a Target style store close to mny house. They only have the first wave amiibo and they have all of them. And I have a feeling they haven't sold a single one. Would love to hear about how successfull they actually are in Europe. Seems like all the hype is US based. How are they doing in Japan?

Instead of complaining about others ordering from amazon, why don't you just take a trip to your local store? We don't have rare amiibo available to us in any store or on any website in the US for a reasonable price. That's why we are ordering from amazon.de. Believe me, if there was an easier/cheaper way, I wouldn't be ordering from there. It took 3 weeks for my package to arrive, which is obviously not desirable.

Captain05crunch

cookiex

ultraraichu wrote:

Wait all of that happened today at NWS? I knew i should of paid a visit after work. I wonder what amiibo they have (or had if sold out) for sale.

Apparently retailer-exlusive amiibos like Rosalina, Shulk and Lucario were available at NWS.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Tobiaku

@theflipper I dont know much about the hype here, but when I'm after a new Amiibo or gane myself, I see more people buying amiibos than Skylanders.

I hope we wont have Store Exclusive figures in Europe, becuse that could make it allmoste impossible for me to get said figures.

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Pootypie

theflipper wrote:

Let's be fair here... You would do the same if you were in America.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

ultraraichu

cookiex wrote:

ultraraichu wrote:

Apparently retailer-exlusive amiibos like Rosalina, Shulk and Lucario were available at NWS.

Really? Now I feel silly for only reserving Ike a few weeks ago. I guess I'll test my luck to see if they are any more left today.

Edited on by ultraraichu

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

skywake

theflipper wrote:

Could everyone please stop buying amiibo from Germany? Amazon - for the first time ever - doesn't allow preorders of some characters (Meta, Shulk). "Product not available" it says. It never did that. STOP IT! On the other hand we have tons of every amiibo in the big stores so I still can get them but I prefer to have them delivered to my house.

So what you're saying is that people should stop buying Amiibos so that you can buy some Amiibos in the most convenient way for you to buy said Amiibos. While it actually being possible for you to walk down to the shops and pick one up. That's your complaint. While elsewhere in the world a store gets three each of some of the rarer ones and they're all gone within the first 10mins.

theflipper wrote:

There's a Target style store close to my house. They only have the first wave amiibo and they have all of them. And I have a feeling they haven't sold a single one. Would love to hear about how successfull they actually are in Europe. Seems like all the hype is US based. How are they doing in Japan?

Well, everyone is looking at this from their own perspective. All I know is that this page:
https://ebgames.com.au/featured/nintendo-amiibo/wiiu

Yesterday morning that page had all of Wave 3 listed. At about 4PM they had taken down King Dedede and Ike and listed Shulk and Toon Link as out of stock. Today they're only listing Bowser and Rosalina. The first few days here you could take your pick of the first wave. After about a week you were stuck with just the 6 most common ones. Wave 2 was never particularly easy and post-Chrismas? Until yesterday it was just Mario and Pikachu. If things don't chance I suspect it'll go back to just one or two again.

So either they're just really bad at keeping stock up or they're pretty successful AND they're bad at keeping stock up.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Tobiaku

Is Pit considered rare? If not, I might pick him up next time I'm at ToysRus

Tobiaku

PaperLucario

Tobias95 wrote:

Is Pit considered rare? If not, I might pick him up next time I'm at ToysRus

Yes, next to Little Mac, Id say Pit is the 2nd rarest of Wave 2 at the moment.

Edited on by PaperLucario

PaperLucario

Tobiaku

Guess I will leave him to his fans (or kids who want an angel toy) then.
Less hassel for others is good for those who like him, I spent hours looking for Marth, it was NOT fun.

Tobiaku

Pootypie

Tobias95 wrote:

Guess I will leave him to his fans (or kids who want an angel toy) then.
Less hassel for others is good for those who like him, I spent hours looking for Marth, it was NOT fun.

Could have just looked at amazon.de

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic