Forums

Topic: Link's Awakening Available Now on eShop

Posts 121 to 140 of 263

SullKid

It's 6€ here, $8,67. I'd pay it in a heart beat if eShop would accept my card :S No problems anywhere ever, before this...

SullKid

warioswoods

This has always been one of my favorite Zelda experiences... I'd rate it above both Lttp and Ocarina of Time, to be honest. The puzzle and dungeon design is perfect, with clever little ideas throughout plus a polish and tight organization that is remarkable.

I've never played the color / DX version before, and I just reached the new dungeon (the hidden color dungeon, or whatever it's called) that they added for this version. I can't tell you how great it is to finally get to play the new dungeon in one my all-time favorite games.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

retired_account

I remember when I played this for the first time... I was floored at how awesome it was to JUMP. At will. Seriously, coolest Zelda powerup ever.

Gonna download this later today. :3

retired_account

SwerdMurd

if i wasn't so bound by nostalgia to love the original Zelda and Link to the Past, I'd probably be able to rightfully conclude that this is the strongest 2d entry in the series. Like wario said, the overall design is crazy-strong--perfect pacing, great hidden locations, and arguably the best use of the GB's pitiful resolution ever. DQ3 did a mighty fine job too, though...

Edited on by SwerdMurd

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

warioswoods

@LosAngeloTip

The nostalgia is strong with this one, for me. This was only my second Zelda game, after the original NES game. I skipped Zelda 2 originally, because I didn't like the sideways view, and then I only owned a GB and not an SNES after that, so I played this one next. It wasn't until many years later that I went back and played Link to the Past, and I thought it was great but not nearly as good as Link's Awakening.

Anyone get through the hidden color dungeon yet? That decision at the end was hard for me, seeing as it presumably affects the rest of the game. I chose red at first, then didn't like the way it affected all fighting, so I restored and chose blue instead.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Eel

I did the math, and it's 5.40 dollars here in Mexico

I got my blue tunic, i don't know where i heard this but i think you can go back, re-beat the dungeon and change tunics anytime.
... You can't go back to green though.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Raptor78

Link79 wrote:

I can't believe all the people complaining about the price. You can't manage six measly dollars?

If your unfortunate to live in the UK or Europe you are looking a NINE dollars not SIX. Does it look as much as a bargain now.
Also bear in mind that the price of our Retail titles are $65 you would start to see why we would get a bit peeved at the price.

3DS Friend Code: 2621 - 2654 - 6355

OnLive Player Tag: Raptor78

Heroes of Ruin online profile -
http://heroesofruin.com/profile/Raptor1978

http://passid.ca/raptor

currently playing: Heroes of Ruin

Nintendo Network ID: Raptor78

Link79

@ Raptor78
Wow really that much huh? I'm glad I don't live in Europe or anywhere with such high prices.
Still anyone with a decent paying Job should be able to swing 9 bucks. People somehow managed when these games used to cost 30 dollars or more. These digital downloads are still less than half of their original price.
Look at PS3 games. Most of them are over 60 dollars and I don't hear too many complaints.
They say if it's worth having it's worth working for and this game is definitely worth having.

Edited on by Link79

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

Pogocoop

I love this game so far! Its a great adventure! Only problem is , I can't find my way to the third dungeon , where exactly are the plains?

3DS FC: 0774-4269-5253Name:Tony

Nintendo network ID : Pogocoop

Obsesive Vocaloid fan.

Bass_X0

to the right of the village. its blocked by rocks that you can now pick up.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Raptor78

@link79 …Im not saying the game isnt good value because the quality of the game can give a lot of modern games a run for its money and I would fork out the cash. My only issue is that the eShop should be more fairly priced in that all countries should be paying the same. I used to pick up 2000 points for £12 - £15 which would have been right against the $, but now its in a cash amount the prices dont all match up. If you get it for $6 then obviously I want it for $6, that is only fair as im sure you would agree. So im not saying the games over priced as such, but it could do wirh more fairer pricing world wide.

3DS Friend Code: 2621 - 2654 - 6355

OnLive Player Tag: Raptor78

Heroes of Ruin online profile -
http://heroesofruin.com/profile/Raptor1978

http://passid.ca/raptor

currently playing: Heroes of Ruin

Nintendo Network ID: Raptor78

Ark

Looks like the glitches are still intact. I was out adventuring by the shore, then I randomly got a red tunic, complete with the benefits of extra power. I was considering a green tunic-only run, but now that's out of the question.

I also had the game crash when I jumped on a fish in the fifth dungeon. Had to power down the 3DS completely to get out.

Apparently, you can also cheat your way out of paying for items without stealing via Save and Quit immediately after purchasing something.

Edited on by Ark

Knux

I just conquered the Face Shrine, and I am amazed on how awesome this masterpiece is! It is easily one of the best Zelda games. Also, I went with the red tunic.

Edited on by Knux

Knux

HandheldGuru97

In prairie trying to get into the castle. This was my first Zelda game so I have to say I like it, only it is kinda hard. Yesterday I pick Phantom Hourglass and then of course OOT comes soon. So far I am loving the Zelda series can wait till OOT

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

Imperfect

Just beat the third dungeon and am now looking around the places i havent explored yet, ignoring the desert i can't seem to find. I had no idea how much their was to explore in this game.

by the way, what do the secret seashells do when you collect a lot of them? Is their a real benefit or should i not bother searching for them?

3DS FC:2535-3655-5551

Link79

@ Mistgun
You trade the seashells in and get an upgraded sword. There's a little hut you bring them to later in the game.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

Weskerb

The 3DS start button is spoiling my enjoyment of this game. Why couldn't Nintendo map start to a proper button like they did with select? And why did they make such crappy start and select buttons in the first place!? That's what I what to know!

/mini rant over

Weskerb

Eel

billy-beauts wrote:

The 3DS start button is spoiling my enjoyment of this game. Why couldn't Nintendo map start to a proper button like they did with select? And why did they make such crappy start and select buttons in the first place!? That's what I what to know!

/mini rant over

They mapped the completely useless "VC Menu" button to X. Even though tapping the screen does the same thing.
Well, since they letft R and L with no use that can only mean one thing.... GBA for VC. I'm a genious.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Retro_on_theGo

I'm really surprised how big this game is and it was able to fit on a Gameboy cartridge! There's so much to explore and a lot of secrets to find. I'm stuck again right now. I can't find the 7th dungeon. I'm stick in a cave where fire keeps shooting out and blocking my path. The difficulty in the game is pretty good too. This is my first Zelda game and I'm loving it. Glad I finally got into the series. Can't wait till OoT. Hope I beat this game in time though.

kkslider5552000

quick check on a video walkthrough showed nothing about fire when going to the 7th dungeon. Did you do the thing with the statue in town? You'll need that.

And the 7th dungeon is in the top right of the map.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.