Forums

Topic: not a TWEWY sequel ;____;

Posts 301 to 320 of 446

moomoo

theblackdragon wrote:

@moomoo: what's the big deal about Apple supporting their current-gen devices as opposed to devices from previous generations? No one's screaming because 3DS games aren't coming out for the DS, or Vita games for the PSP... i don't get it o___o;

[/div]

[/div]

It's moreso about a large portion of an audience not being able to get stuff. Think about it this way: the DS came out in 2004. The 3DS came out in 2011.
The ipod touch 2nd gen came out in 2008, and it became basically obselete for games two years later with the ipod touch 4 (which doesn't even support the game either). Considering that the DS is weaker than an iPod touch, I'm kind of surprised it's not available for the device at all.

@Waltz If this version of the game sells over a million copies of the game in a year then I will personally send you one of my DS versions... if there wasn't a possible rule being broken there.

Oh, and Infinity Blade 2 was less then half the price of TWEWY, and also had the original game to holster up hype.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

CanisWolfred

theblackdragon wrote:

@moomoo: what's the big deal about Apple supporting their current-gen devices as opposed to devices from previous generations? No one's screaming because 3DS games aren't coming out for the DS, or Vita games for the PSP... i don't get it o___o;

I don't get it either, but I suppose the bigger problem is the lack of iPod Touch support.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Chrono_Cross

OlympicCho wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Just because a device sells tons of units doesn't every game on it will sell well.

The Wii is a great example of this.

[/div]

[/div]

This is very true, but Square Enix games have historically sold very well on iOS, and TWEWY is off to a very positive start.

There's no data I'm seeing anywhere to suggest the iOS version of TWEWY won't follow the historical trend.

[/div]

I'm not seeing any data showing that the iOS version of TWEWY will.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Bankai

moomoo wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

It's moreso about a large portion of an audience not being able to get stuff. Think about it this way: the DS came out in 2004. The 3DS came out in 2011.
The ipod touch 2nd gen came out in 2008, and it became basically obselete for games two years later with the ipod touch 4 (which doesn't even support the game either). Considering that the DS is weaker than an iPod touch, I'm kind of surprised it's not available for the device at all.

@Waltz If this version of the game sells over a million copies of the game in a year then I will personally send you one of my DS versions... if there wasn't a possible rule being broken there.

Oh, and Infinity Blade 2 was less then half the price of TWEWY, and also had the original game to holster up hype.

I look forward to the free game in a year. Don't sell it on me.

moomoo

@Waltz I look forward to you eating all the hats in a hatstore.
I also love how you bet metaphoric hyperboles instead of physical objects.
Oh, and this is without a sale, by the way. If it gets cheaper, suddenly this becomes a little more one-sided.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever

TheDreamingHawk

KITTEH LOCK THIS THREAD NOW PLEASE OR--

Anyway, I don't see what the complaints are about. IOS is a big platform, PLUS they are giving us a CD too. What's wrong with that?

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

Bankai

@Waltz I look forward to you eating all the hats in a hatstore.
I also love how you bet metaphoric hyperboles instead of physical objects.

I'll video it and post it to YouTube for the world to see, along with an apology to Moomoo for getting it wrong. The sheer shame should be worth the price of an old, second hand DS game, surely :3

Oh, and this is without a sale, by the way. If it gets cheaper, suddenly this becomes a little more one-sided.

Nope, no deal. You explicitly stated "it will not outsell the DS game." We're talking numbers here, not the revenue it brings in to SE.

I reckon there'll be two price drops between now and August 28, 2013. Like I said, looking forward to my free game :3

theblackdragon

guys, if i was gonna lock the thread, i would've done so already. to be honest we need a place for people who are gonna try out the new version to discuss it anyway, so until it gets way too rowdy I don't see the harm in leaving it open. :/

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

moomoo

theblackdragon wrote:

now now, no fair continuing to set rules after the initial bet is made :3

[/div]

But then neither my point nor Waltz point would be proven. If there is a price drop, then SE is appeasing to the audience set in the app store, and thus nothing is really proven on whether this game would have sold explicitly well or not at its premium price point.
I can actually quote myself on this:

moomoo wrote:

I'm willing to bet that this game will not have sold as well on iOS over the course of a year then it did on the DS if there is no price drop.

My point simply wouldn't be proven.
If sales are going to be involved, I'm going to want a bit more sales numbers. Maybe 1.2 million? As compensation, I'll buy a new version of the game, including the rediculous shipping charges that sending the game to Australia would entail.
And Waltz, those hats need to be life size and not made of candy. I want to see real hats here.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever

Hokori

Actually here TWEWY is selling for a lot

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Bankai

moomoo wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

now now, no fair continuing to set rules after the initial bet is made :3

[/div]

[/div]

But then neither my point nor Waltz point would be proven. If there is a price drop, then SE is appeasing to the audience set in the app store, and thus nothing is really proven on whether this game would have sold explicitly well or not at its premium price point.
I can actually quote myself on this:

moomoo wrote:

I'm willing to bet that this game will not have sold as well on iOS over the course of a year then it did on the DS if there is no price drop.

[/div]

My point simply wouldn't be proven.
If sales are going to be involved, I'm going to want a bit more sales numbers. Maybe 1.2 million? As compensation, I'll buy a new version of the game, including the rediculous shipping charges that sending the game to Australia would entail.
And Waltz, those hats need to be life size and not made of candy. I want to see real hats here.

So what I'm getting from this is you are no longer confident that TWEWY on iOS will not outsell the DS game.

If you are confident that the DS game will sell better, take me up on the bet. I'm already being generous - technically, the iOS game only needs to sell 800,000 copies to outsell the DS game, not a million.

If you want to drop the bet, that's fine, but I demand you change your avatar to a weasel as an admission of defeat :3

moomoo

Let's try to find a common ground. If SE puts it on sale for $1, then there's no point in betting.
If it only goes down to $12, though, then I still think the DS version will outsell it.
If it goes under $10 at any course in time, the bet is off. Knowing SE, I doubt that will happen.
Until then, I anticipate your video.

Best thread ever

Bankai

Knowing SE, I doubt that will happen.

You don't know SE very well, then

Every single SE game on the App store has been put on sale for less than $10 at least once.

MoomooTheWeasel Has a catchy ring to it.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/16116/the-world-ends-with-you/
These are the sales for the DS version, just so you know what they are before making up lower sales figures then actuallity

Looks like I was being too generous again.

TWEWY needs to sell just 700,000 copies on iOS to outsell the DS. Want to double the bet to say SE will do that in six months?

Edited on by Bankai

TheDreamingHawk

Even FFIII for Ipad? (AKA FF game with lifeless people)

TheDreamingHawk

Hey, FFII Is good if you give it a chance. At least the NES version anyway IMO.

moomoo

OlympicCho wrote:

Every single SE game on the App store has been put on sale for less than $10 at least once.

These are the sales for the DS version, just so you know what they are before making up lower sales figures then actuallity

TWEWY needs to sell just 700,000 copies on iOS to outsell the DS. Want to double the bet to say SE will do that in six months?

Only if by double the bet you mean the time rather than the reward. I'm not giving you both copies of my game.
But yeah, then I'm willing to bet with no parameters. I don't see it happening at all within that time unless if the game becomes a dollar.

Best thread ever

Bankai

moomoo wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

[/div]

Only if by double the bet you mean the time rather than the reward. I'm not giving you both copies of my game.
But yeah, then I'm willing to bet with no parameters. I don't see it happening at all within that time unless if the game becomes a dollar.

If you don't see it happening you won't be risking losing two copies of the game :3

Unless you think I might be right, in which case the uncertainty makes sense

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.